Games where one opponent stops moving

Discussion of all aspects of multiplayer development: unit balancing, map development, server development, and so forth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Rune

Games where one opponent stops moving

Post by Rune »

I just played a 3 player game with another player and an AI. Late in the game my opponent just stopped moving. I waited and waited but nothing happened. I asked him what was happening, but no reply. There were no error messages or disconnects. I alt-tabbed out of wesnoth and did something else for a while. I then went back, and he was still not doing anything. I didn't time it but it must have been at least half an hour.

Shouldn't there be a timer that disconnects players if they stop moving, and replaces them with an AI?
merliin

You need CommandMode

Post by merliin »

You should read http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CommandMode
You can use the droid command to make a side AI.

MERLiiN
Rune

Post by Rune »

According to that page "the player himself has to issue this command" which means it wouldn't work in this case.

I guess the Kick command would be the one to use in such cases, but in this particular case the player who wasn't moving was also the host of the game, so I doubt I would be allowed to kick him :)
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

If the host disapears, you are almost certainly out of luck. You might try saving the game and then re-loading it with yourself as host. Not being an MP master, I don't know if that will work or not.
Dragonking
Inactive Developer

Post by Dragonking »

Darth Fool wrote:If the host disapears, you are almost certainly out of luck. You might try saving the game and then re-loading it with yourself as host. Not being an MP master, I don't know if that will work or not.
That would work.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit
Rune

Post by Rune »

OK. Thanks for the tips.