Help with the campaign editor

Having trouble with the game? Report issues and get help here. Read this first!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before reporting issues in this section, you must read the following topic:
StacysDave

Help with the campaign editor

Post by StacysDave »

Hey,
I just started trying to build a campaign in the editor that's part of the game and I've run into a problem - when saving or opening a campaign I get the "loading/saving" dialog and it just sits there forever without doing anything. Otherwise the editor seems to be good.

I'm on a mac with os 10.4.3. Has anyone else had this problem and/or got any suggestions how i can past this & start creating a campaign? Thanx.
Dave Cable
Sithrandel

Re: Help with the campaign editor

Post by Sithrandel »

StacysDave wrote:Hey,
I just started trying to build a campaign in the editor that's part of the game and I've run into a problem - when saving or opening a campaign I get the "loading/saving" dialog and it just sits there forever without doing anything. Otherwise the editor seems to be good.

I'm on a mac with os 10.4.3. Has anyone else had this problem and/or got any suggestions how i can past this & start creating a campaign? Thanx.
To be honest, you'd probably be better off just using a text editor and the map editor. The campaign editor hasn't been updated for ages as few were using it or wanted to use all the capabilities. There is, I believe, another campaign editor (for all platforms) in development. That would be worth checking out as it will probably be far better supported.

I'll try to have a look at the Mac one to see if there is a specific incompatibility with 10.4.3 (other than the focus issue).
StacysDave

Post by StacysDave »

Thanks, I've started working on a campaign with my text editor, the wesnoth map editor and photoshop now.
Dave Cable