The Dark Elves

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Warrior King

Post by Warrior King »

most people have been complementing the balance of the DE. i mean, they have great range, meaning the wizard, enchantress, and the hunter, and they have a great fighter line. the lizard rider is great at everything except shooting back. put them together, and wala! a balanced race.
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

thats not what he means by balanced my brother....:|
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

I think they are pretty balnaced, but the fighters should have ranged attack because they get decimated by no range in Multiplayer

but maybe the poison arrows are to help that
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Warrior King wrote:most people have been complementing the balance of the DE. i mean, they have great range, meaning the wizard, enchantress, and the hunter, and they have a great fighter line. the lizard rider is great at everything except shooting back. put them together, and wala! a balanced race.
:roll: I'm sorry, but this post shows how little you really know about balancing. Factions should have weaknesses, as well as strengths, and they should not be overpowered against any faction.

Not that I've played with the DEs at all, but from the looks of this post, they are way overpowered.

And, uh, it's 'voila', not 'wala'.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Hahaha what the [to have sexual intercourse with] !

"wala!"
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

LOL, way to get him turin, even though he is my brother :P

and if they are overpowered, I need people to tell me how. But so far, they've only said that they are weak out of cave, which i know is false, since I always play out of cave, and usually win.

pigandforks

Post by pigandforks »

I played a couple of games with dark elves and found i won them all to easily. I realy felt the fighter was too powerful, killed all other fighters etc. I realy dont think the fighter needs a ranged attack.
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

My friend complains fighter needs range and one mage line needs cold changed to fire.
avv

Post by avv »

Dark elves have really big problems with the undead. The only unit who has a little change to fend off some undead is the warrior. But he he'll die under missile fire in no time. Lizard riders are completely useless against the undead. Lizard rider should have third level.
I'd say that wizards or enchantress should use fire or something else. There is also too little difference between enchantress and wizard. I'd say that enchantress should be able to heal.
What about a new attack type: kinetic. Wizards and enchantresses would use kinetic blasts against their foes. Or what about this: because dark elf wizards are masters of magic, they can use fire and cold magic. What about poison magic?
Dark elves also need a flyer or swimmer. And possibly a fat thug.
Flyer: a gargoyle or a harpy. Fat thug would be somekind of rock monster.
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

avv wrote:Lizard rider should have third level.
Yes, but I' m not incharge of units
avv wrote:I'd say that wizards or enchantress should use fire or something else.
I think wizards should.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

I thought the wizard used fire all the time; until I checked his stats;

Two magical cold users in one faction is to much, really.
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Disto

Post by Disto »

Remember to spell it right...
breversa wrote:
Disto wrote:and viola, no longer solid black lines.
Totally off-topic, but that word is spelt voilà, means "here you are" or "here you go", and is pronounced "v-wah-lah" (and not "vie-oh-lah" or whatever you may pronounce it). :)
I just wanted to point that out because it always itches me when I see it spelt wrong (like "amateur", too)...
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

I didn't think a lvl. 3 lizard rider would be wise because either it would be too powerful. And I was comptemplating on wether the wizard should have both fire and magic, but they are not the most adept magic users in wesnoth. maybe he could branch off to be either kinetic (I like) or cold. Or they could have a magical blast that does poison...nah, i don't think so.

the major difference between the enchantress and wizard is that the enchantress has a fairly decent melee attack. Sure, it's impact, but her hp are a bit higher then most magic units. And the lvl. 2 has heal the lvl. 3 has cure. However, nothing is permanent. keep giving us your suggestions and ideas. i especially like that poison magic idea. :wink:

avv

Post by avv »

I didn't think a lvl. 3 lizard rider would be wise because either it would be too powerful.

There is a grand knight. Is it too powerful? I guess not.

As I said earlier, DE need flyer or swimmer. They have no-one to cross big lakes or launch attacks from sea. You could just give them a change to buy nagais or make a new cool flyer or swimmer. What about somekind of dark mermen. Who dwell deep in the underground lakes and shoot poisoned darts with their blowpipes?
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

I wrote:...I like the idea of the wizard line splitting too. Maybe something like this:

lvl. 2

"Some Wizards are natural tinkers, so much so that they have deviated from their strict study of arcane magic and make weapons, magical weapons. They channel their magical energy through the weapon to either have an enhanced melee attack or a supped up blast of magical fury. "

Magical Sword= 9-2 fire, magical

Magical Sword(ranged)= 18-2 fire, magical

lvl. 3

"Although they don't have the power to drain the life from their enemies, they are still a threat to any being, mortal or immortal."

Magical Sword= 12-2 fire, magical

Magical Sword(ranged)= 22-2 fire, magical

and about the undead, the enchantress line is the un-undead. with a impact melee and fire magical, they don't stand a chance against her.
Last edited by Assasin on November 30th, 2005, 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.