Heads up about stricter scenario checking

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bruno
Inactive Developer

Heads up about stricter scenario checking

Post by bruno »

As part of fixing a bug with leader start positions in campaigns I tightened up the checks on unit locations in the side setup. Units need to be placed in valid locations on the map. For sides that have a recall list you can also have units (except for the side's leader) placed on the recall list. Invalid locations will cause the scenario load to fail.
I fixed up a few scenarios in the standard campaigns that had problems, but I expect people doing add on campaigns will find they have a couple of scenarios that need some clean up.
This change will most likely be in 1.0.2 which is due shortly.
Boucman
Inactive Developer

Post by Boucman »

I don't think a change that might break working scenarios should go in 1.0.x

you're sure it's a good idea ?

thx for fixing the bug, though
Fight key loggers: write some perl using vim
bruno
Inactive Developer

Post by bruno »

Boucman wrote:I don't think a change that might break working scenarios should go in 1.0.x

you're sure it's a good idea ?

thx for fixing the bug, though
No I am not sure it is a good idea. However, arguably those campaigns were really broken and were working by luck. I fixed all of the standard campaigns. I think it is expected that the add ons campaigns keep up.
The problem situation is when people didn't use no_leader=yes when they didn't want the leader deployed. Instead they have effectively used an invalid location and depended on that to work. Well in some cases it doesn't and crashes the game.
I went through about 100 scenarios last night and found about a half dozen that had problems.
Skizzaltix

Post by Skizzaltix »

Ummm...
I think scenario 3, Freedom, of 'Out of the Swamps' has the invalid leader deployment propblem.
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

bruno wrote: The problem situation is when people didn't use no_leader=yes when they didn't want the leader deployed.
I can understand the confusion. Maybe it would be easier to remember yes_leader=no

:P (j/k)
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
db0

Post by db0 »

Skizzaltix wrote:Ummm...
I think scenario 3, Freedom, of 'Out of the Swamps' has the invalid leader deployment propblem.
That campaign is unmaintained. Check out my sig