Separating the Strategies and Tips Section

Share and discuss strategies for playing the game, and get help and tips from other players.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Duke Guillermo

Separating the Strategies and Tips Section

Post by Duke Guillermo »

I believe that the Strategies and Tips section should be divided into two parts: The Campaign help section and the Multiplayer Strategy section.

I am tired of looking for articles on strategy and having to sort through forty topics regarding how to beat the isle of anduin.

What do you think?
In summation, you're wrong.
Yogibear
Retired Developer

Post by Yogibear »

I think, like many others, that the campaign help (walkthroughs for example) should be moved to the wiki. The same goes for general strategy and tactics concerning multiplayer. Like for example Dark Steels how-to-play-a-faction guide. Then we add two sticky items that link to the corresponding wiki information. Everything else that is not covered by that, specific problems, experiences whatever should stay in this forum.
Smart persons learn out of their mistakes, wise persons learn out of others mistakes!
scott

Post by scott »

One wiki-sticky per campaign and faction. It would be quite a list, but it sounds ok to me. Then, the forum can be used to discuss the wiki :) .
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Beleth

Post by Beleth »

Yogi Bear wrote:I think, like many others, that the campaign help (walkthroughs for example) should be moved to the wiki. The same goes for general strategy and tactics concerning multiplayer. Like for example Dark Steels how-to-play-a-faction guide. Then we add two sticky items that link to the corresponding wiki information. Everything else that is not covered by that, specific problems, experiences whatever should stay in this forum.
I like this idea. :)
pravin

Post by pravin »

scott wrote:One wiki-sticky per campaign and faction. It would be quite a list, but it sounds ok to me. Then, the forum can be used to discuss the wiki :) .
Instead of one wiki-stiky per campaign and faction, we can have two-wiki-stickys, one having campagins (with individual posts pointing to wiki pages) and the other factions (ditto).

--
pravin
scott

Post by scott »

Take it up with Elvish Pillager. He can implement it right now if he wants to.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Daedalus

Re: Separating the Strategies and Tips Section

Post by Daedalus »

Duke Guillermo wrote:I believe that the Strategies and Tips section should be divided into two parts: The Campaign help section and the Multiplayer Strategy section.

I am tired of looking for articles on strategy and having to sort through forty topics regarding how to beat the isle of anduin.

What do you think?
Yeah, I agree. Clutter aside, campaign help is really a lot different than general strategy (as people who are struggling with HttT are probably not interested in general orc strategies, and vice versa)

Also, since both strategies and tips tend to be timeless, it'll be nice to have an easier time digging out old articles, and cut back on redundant questions.
"Lord, I've been thinking - Spiritual friendship is at least half of the spiritual life."
"Say not so, Ananda - Spiritual friendship is the whole of the spiritual life!"