Neorice's Unit Thread! (I need attention; you can give!!)

Make art for user-made content.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Alright here is the UNFINISHED test for the Chaos Swordsman Champion line; The graphics work good enough in game, so they're definite;

The stats can change in almost any way so far, I'm pretty sure they'll remain armoredfoot though; as the movement type fits them;

proposed stat changes are always appreciated, as long as they're sensial;

If someone cares to alter the flavor text to something better; be my guest.

Next up is most likely the stalwart line.
Attachments
Chaos_Warrior_line.zip
(100.88 KiB) Downloaded 409 times
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

And for those who'd like to have a random tough enemy in their campaign for the player to break his or her neck over; but doesn't feel like using the Dragon nor Yeti;

presenting the Golden Troll in it's full glory;
It's alot like the Troll Warrior, except tougher in every aspect; and with a big boost in his resistances;
killable, however really tough to face; it's one of those "crap I need an army of Defladors to take it down in one turn" type of units; heheh
Attachments
Golden_Troll.zip
(120.82 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Here's the current basic set up for the Lesser Demon -> Demon Lore line;

and ofcourse the weirdest unit in the entire faction; the hound;

I haven't included the Hounds advancements yet as I'm still figuring out what exactly they'll play like; But I can guarantee some fun with the ultimate suicide missile among units;

Stat changes may be applied in the future on both; comments are appreciated.
Last edited by Neoriceisgood on October 27th, 2005, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Okay an update to the demon line, the flock demon is fully animated now; so I included it in the Zip; I'm probably gonna make his attacks slightly weaker; as currently the 5 damage difference, and 15 or so more hp is still not enough reason to choose Demon Lore over the Flock Demon; (Check the Flockdemon's defences, it's 50~70 as he's an elusive flyer; this together with it's 8 movement makes it far better than the lore, so I need to fix that)

Not sure what unit I'm gonna animate next; I'm still unsure what to do with the Chaos mage line; as it's level 1 graphic is way to ugly and needs replacement; not to mention it being really overpowered at the moment;

Perhaps the stalwart line or something? As it's one of the few lines that has a 100% certainty of making it in the final faction;

(Alot of units I posted are just ideas, Things like the Raider line might not even make it in the final version if I don't like the design enough to make it an actual unit.)

Anyway zip is included; please comment on it, don't force me to quatriple posting ;(
Attachments
Chaos_LesserDemon_Line.zip
version 0.2
(105.94 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

I quess quadriple posting is not necessary the animations are all good I especially like the chaos champion only the color of the Demon lore is somhow a little akward but the animations are good.
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

The Demon Lore is so intensely evil that it affects his colours! What is more evil than using the paint basic pallette?
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Neoriceisgood wrote:The Demon Lore is so intensely evil that it affects his colours! What is more evil than using the paint basic pallette?
I must admit not many things.

Could you add a working multiplayer cfg that playtesting would be easier?
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Oh, I myself just have a "test" era added in my multiplayer.cfg file;

It's like the "default" era; but I added an extra faction called "test/neorice"; I just write the new units under recruitable; and test it afterwards;

It's just a small copy and paste in code; here; (I may note that it's wise to make a custom era for playtesting if you haven't already, so that it doesn't screw up your multiplayer)

Code: Select all

[multiplayer_side]
	id=Neorice
	name={MENU_IMG_TXT "chaos-warrior.png" _"Neorice"}
	type=Chaos Warrior
	leader=Chaos Warrior,Demon Lore,Flock Demon
	recruit=Lesser Demon,Chaos Swordsman
	music="wesnoth-6.ogg"
	terrain_liked=hHdw
		[ai]
		recruitment_pattern=fighter,fighter,archer,healer,scout,scout
		[/ai]
[/multiplayer_side]
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

OK Thanks.

-Ghost Fields
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Okay I was bored so I revised some old drake designs I had lying around; and added 2 or so new ones to the unused bunch;
And my thread appears to be dying; so I will use these graphics to arouse more commotion! wooh!
Attachments
draketree.png
draketree.png (56.48 KiB) Viewed 4352 times
Zebulon
Art Developer

Post by Zebulon »

I thought there was supposed to be a couple extra on the top... :? Metal drakes or something.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

Neoriceisgood wrote:And my thread appears to be dying; so I will use these graphics to arouse more commotion! wooh!
bum--no one notices when I do that :x :)
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Zebulon wrote:I thought there was supposed to be a couple extra on the top... :? Metal drakes or something.
You're right at that, but no-one liked them; including me; they're on my computer though.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

IHMO second branch of drake fighter dont looks good.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Tomsik wrote:IHMO second branch of drake fighter dont looks good.
Thank you for that constructive critism, it surely helps me know exactly what to improve about it.