Green Mage

It's not easy creating an entire faction or era. Post your work and collaborate in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

How about only heal, not cure? And maybe the magic can casue poison. You're probably right, stay with the one attack type.
If white was black and black was white, what would happen to zebra crossings?
falco1029

Post by falco1029 »

i just read the first page, and saw how there wouldnt be enough distinctness between it and other mages. Perhaps it could lack any close attack, or have a very very weak one, and it's ranged one could both poison and slow, both of which are done by natur-eque things?
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

Maybe it gains slow when it levels to mage of nature, that would make it more spread out. The idea of eliminating close attack would be good.

BTW, the attacks (greenball) look really good. They swirl, so it looks like the mage fires a swirling ball of magical green energy. It's great!
muxec

Post by muxec »

Give him "protect" special ability!
Linux Penguin is coming to your computer. The Source is with him.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

I think Wesnothian humans like to bend nature to their will, whereas Elves (and Elvish Druids) are a part of nature in a way that humans will never be.

I think a Green mage would be like that, too. He would channel nature for his own ends with little regard for its inherent sacredness.

OTOH, it's hard to give him a distinct purpose for existence that the other mages don't already have without muddying the distinctiveness between factions. A cold attack is too like the Dark Adept, Slow is too like the Elvish Sorceress. Cure is too much overlap with the White mage (though heals mightn't be entirely out of line). Poison is an option, but doesn't seem all that 'naturey'.

IMO, the best suggestion is probably to make him more of a melee unit. I can even see 'steadfast' being appropriate for this guy, and it would make him distinctive - especially amongst mages!

<slaps head> What about Ambush?
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

I gave them A better melee attack.... and woodland movement.

Code: Select all

ability=ambush
Right?
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

The Elves would hate them if they had ambush...
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

It's only two units...

I have noticed, that they tend to be extremely good at killing undead... Both of their attacks are impact, so whatever the undead do, they get "thrashed" ...

(At least in the couple of games I played).
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

That's why they should get Poison. Undead are immune to poison after all.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Emmanovi

Post by Emmanovi »

I've set their melee attack to poison. I can't get it to work with their magic.
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I really think the Idea is interesting, although could be considered to be breaking down factional integrety, but I like mages, although not as much as elves, and even tried to makea time mage for the game (It had slow, which is why I'm bringing it up)

Also reminiscent of my herbalist (I appologize for bringing it up so much, but so many relevant topics have popped up :oops: )
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Minhoca

Re: Green Mage

Post by Minhoca »

What if the green mage turned his opponents into trees after he killed them, a bit like the undead's plague?
Minhoca

Re: Green Mage

Post by Minhoca »

What if the green mage turned his opponents into trees after he killed them, a bit like the undead's plague?
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

plague(wose)

Feel the power. :twisted:
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

The Grand Army of Wose led by the Nature Mage.

All try to cut them down but it is too late because *stomp*stomp*stomp* all enemies are flattened
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm