First Wesnoth 1.0 release candidate

Get help with compiling or installing the game, and discuss announcements of new official releases.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wisdomless

Post by wisdomless »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the help!
If stupidity got me into this, it should get me out.

Most pointless statement of the year award goes to me!
"People are lazy unless they care."
I'd like to thank unsung for this award... and all the people who helped make this possible...
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

Interesting stats there :)

Seems that 10.2.8 is definitely a minority. As Wesnoth doesn't require the latest hardware I wasn't sure if there would be a large number of non-upgraders out there.

Looks more and more like moving to 10.3. wouldn't cause to much hassle and we could kiss a few #ifdef __APPLE__ statements goodbye

Now... could we jump straight to Tiger ;)
lwa wrote: It should be interesting to know, but if the build does not run on 10.2, very few users on 10.2 are reading this forum and you may have no answer.

According Omnigroup software update statistics at http://update.omnigroup.com/ only 1% of theyre referenced user still use Mac OS X 10.2. The following of Battle for Wesnoth may be different, but it should not touch many more people. At least, they don't complaint much.

If somebody has access to BfW web site statistcs, we could have a Idea of 10.2 users counting visitors using old version of Safari.
scott

Post by scott »

If it helps, I put 10.3.0 as the system requirement for apple.com. I figure since whatever I put can be a big crapshoot anyway, it's better to let people down easy rather than get their hopes up.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

scott wrote:If it helps, I put 10.3.0 as the system requirement for apple.com. I figure since whatever I put can be a big crapshoot anyway, it's better to let people down easy rather than get their hopes up.
Yes it does... I think once 1.0 is out it will be time to go to 10.3+ :)
lwa
Inactive Developer

Post by lwa »

Sithrandel wrote:Looks more and more like moving to 10.3. wouldn't cause to much hassle and we could kiss a few #ifdef __APPLE__ statements goodbye
The best way to hand this in a GNU configure type project is to use the result of the features check. Looking into the source, I was surprised to see that any of the checks don't affect the code.

But if nobody has a 10.2 within reach, It's probably too late for this architecture.

If you want to be able to handle distinct code for distinct Mac OS X versions, you could try to use the _ENVIRONMENT_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED_ macro (based on
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable set by Xcode)
Sithrandel

Post by Sithrandel »

lwa wrote: If you want to be able to handle distinct code for distinct Mac OS X versions, you could try to use the _ENVIRONMENT_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED_ macro (based on
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET environment variable set by Xcode)
Conditional compilation based on OS version or configure is very un-mac like. It produces binaries which only work on certain systems and require the user to compile. The more mac-like way is to check the actual operating system on which the program is running and execute the relevant code at runtime (using NSAppKitVersionNumber).
Yyperi

Post by Yyperi »

Can you do .zip file too?Winzip wizard doesn't find the file and when i opened it with classic there was only text.Can anyone help me?

(I tried xdelta,too ,but winzip doesn't find it..)
stormoog

Re: First Wesnoth 1.0 release candidate

Post by stormoog »

isaac wrote:Wesnoth 1.0rc1 is out!
I've been away for a few months, and I must say that I am quite impressed with the level of professionality Wesnoth has started to show.

Hurray! Long live Wesnoth. :D
Amor omnia vincit.
scott

Post by scott »

Yyperi wrote:Can you do .zip file too?Winzip wizard doesn't find the file and when i opened it with classic there was only text.Can anyone help me?

(I tried xdelta,too ,but winzip doesn't find it..)
Are you saying the windows .exe download doesn't work for you? If your file ends in .gz, you downloaded the source code, not the game. Keep scrolling down.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Sithrandel wrote: Now... could we jump straight to Tiger ;)
Pay me 129€ or so, or post me the Tiger DVD and I won't complain. ;)
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

Have we told Slashdot yet? Are we going to tell Slashdot?

They had an announcement when gaim went to release number 1.
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
Glowing Fish

Orc version?

Post by Glowing Fish »

So since this orc version is released...I was wondering if the Elvish version and stuff was coming out soon?
Don't go to Glowing Fish for advice, he will say both yes and no.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

Orc? its 1.0(zero)rc1, no orcs.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

tomsik wrote:Orc? its 1.0(zero)rc1, no orcs.
Twas a joke.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
bioman

Post by bioman »

turin wrote:
tomsik wrote:Orc? its 1.0(zero)rc1, no orcs.
Twas a joke.
A yes, corny one. :P

Anyway, sounds good - but I'm going to save my bandwidth and get 1.0 in (hopefully) one weeks time.

Btw, if nothing is changed, will 1.0 work with 1.0rc1 in the on-line mode? Thanks.