New Webpage look

Discussion of all aspects of the website, wiki, and forums, including assistance requests and new ideas for them.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

NightBlade

New Webpage look

Post by NightBlade »

I Like the way they renew the webpage(main site) the princess drawing looks really good. So...1.0 is out?
You cannot ride a roller coaster if you are under 4 feet tall unless you are older than 16 years old.
unsung

Post by unsung »

no. if its good enough tey'll say it is. but until then...
Oh no look out its a ray gun.
You should move to avoid the rays
the rays are coming out of the gun
if you are hit by the rays
you will be shot by the rays
the rays are fast so you should be fast to
can you win against the fast rays from the gun?
Filin

Post by Filin »

It seems to me that a new navigation is a bit less transparent then the old one.
May be there should be "Home" in the navigation line?

But it's just a minor issue - the site is really good. It is discreet, simple, professional-looking and neat.
And princess on the main page makes it even better :).
Doros

Post by Doros »

Is the princess on the main page missing her right arm?
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

That's the new artwork for Li'sar, from the "Heir to the Throne" campaign. It's beautiful.
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

Filin wrote:It seems to me that a new navigation is a bit less transparent then the old one.
May be there should be "Home" in the navigation line?

But it's just a minor issue - the site is really good. It is discreet, simple, professional-looking and neat.
And princess on the main page makes it even better :).
There should. And it's so easy to make!! This will only be considered a "minor change"
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

Dave: why don't you do it? It won't take too long.
Corwin

Post by Corwin »

I might be wrong, but I think that clicking on the Wesnoth logo takes you to the main page. There's no need for a home menu item.
Corwin
quartex
Inactive Developer

Post by quartex »

We lost the more recent screenshots with the update. The screenshots are now from 0.9.7 and older and make the graphics look a lot worse than they are. I love how you can see shots of older version, but the screenshot pages needs updating with newer stuff.
Tomsik

Post by Tomsik »

I think Li`sar portrait have two major(IMO) bugs(?, i have no idea what word should be here), she dont have right arm and left looks odd(too short).
Gamabunta

Post by Gamabunta »

Clicking on the Wesnoth logo brings you back to the homepage, so there is no need for "Home."

However, I agree about the malformed Li'sar:

1. No right arm
2. Left arm is too thick/short
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

Jetryl is working on a new version of the Li'sar pic which adresses these issues. I'm not sure why the old one is used, but it will probably be replaced when the new one is ready.
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

I noticed the issue with Li'sar's arms too and, for interest/practice's sake I had a go at tweaking the pic.

I lengthened her upper arm and her forearm (and hence lowered the sword about a hands-span). I haven't addressed the missing arm issue.

What do you think?

P.S. I notice that Jetryl has now posted an update to the Li'sar pic here: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 9&start=75

P.P.S. [Edit] Is this a thread hijack? It seemed to fit the conversaion, but should I have made a new thread for it?
Attachments
li'sar tweaked.png
li'sar tweaked.png (69.59 KiB) Viewed 7831 times
Last edited by irrevenant on September 20th, 2005, 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave
Founding Developer

Post by Dave »

ILikeProgramming wrote:Dave: why don't you do it? It won't take too long.
I don't do any work on the web page anymore. Trust me, if I did, it wouldn't look anywhere near as good as it does.

However, I do think both a 'Home' link and a 'Downloads' link is a good idea. Though you can get to the home page at the moment by clicking on the Wesnoth logo, but I don't necessarily think this is very obvious.

David
“At Gambling, the deadly sin is to mistake bad play for bad luck.” -- Ian Fleming
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Not having a home link, regardless of whether or not the logo links to the home page (which it does), is a bad idea. Add it!

Other than that, I really like the new layout (although it will take some getting used to).
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm