Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

player wrote:
Sapient wrote:jew, let me put it this way: Artists are here doing this for fun. No one is paying them to do this. So, if you can't show some common courtesy when critiquing their work, then it is no longer fun, and thus they no longer feel the desire to continue.

So, in other words, say what you wish but don't ruin other people's fun! I hope you will follow this simple advice. :wink:

i actually know that it is free...
You refuse to see the point, don't you? Of course you know its free--you got it for free. You don't seem to realize what that entails. Just refrain from needless, unconstructive comments.

And 'I' is capitalized
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
player

Post by player »

Thrawn wrote:
player wrote:
i actually know that it is free...
You refuse to see the point, don't you? Of course you know its free--you got it for free. You don't seem to realize what that entails. Just refrain from needless, unconstructive comments.

And 'I' is capitalized

sorry for wrong spellings cause I know that you're "smart".

i actually accepted that my comments are wrong, that's why i didnt put anything bad, havent you noticed that???
-jew
Sangel
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Sangel »

player wrote:
i actually accepted that my comments are wrong, that's why i didnt put anything bad, havent you noticed that???
It's very easy for there to be misunderstandings about emotions and intentions over the internet - sometimes you have to make an effort to be more explicit about what you mean, as you've just done in the above post.

Now, sapient: I like these newer proposals for updated swamp, and I believe that they have a lot greater potential than the swamp/marsh currently in the game. Unfortunately, I'm seeing a lot of harsh boundaries between "objects" on my screen - I think some anti-aliasing work would help. Or were these only concept drafts with anti-aliasing planned for later?
"Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
player

Post by player »

Sangel wrote:
player wrote:
It's very easy for there to be misunderstandings about emotions and intentions over the internet - sometimes you have to make an effort to be more explicit about what you mean, as you've just done in the above post.
i know that..
-jew
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Post by Sapient »

Sangel wrote: Now, sapient: I like these newer proposals for updated swamp, and I believe that they have a lot greater potential than the swamp/marsh currently in the game. Unfortunately, I'm seeing a lot of harsh boundaries between "objects" on my screen - I think some anti-aliasing work would help. Or were these only concept drafts with anti-aliasing planned for later?
Hi, Sangel. If you're referring to the Creepy Swamp v1, I actually used (gasp!) the pencil tool on that one! Oh, man... what was I thinking. Anyways, thanks for the feedback. Mainly I'm just trying to come up with rough concepts for now, then refine the best one.

Creepy swamp will definitely need some major changes, I will probably redo it from scratch.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
sparr

Post by sparr »

all of the variations do not neccessarily have to tile with each other. WML can require that certain variations are surrounded by certain other variations.