Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
wayfarer
Art Contributor

New Gweddry

Post by wayfarer »

Turin allowed me to make a swing on a custom Gweddry sprite and here is the first try on the marshal so be gentle it took me hours to get him right.(He should actual get a beard but he locked to old with him, and it covered too much parts of the armor)
Attachments
defender of the light1.png
defender of the light1.png (4.61 KiB) Viewed 3701 times
Last edited by wayfarer on December 8th, 2005, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

I like it a lot, but I can't see his face :?
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
dtw

Post by dtw »

Um - I can see his feet, sword and head (I think), the rest is indistinguishable.

I really admire the detail you try to include wayfarer but I am always left trying to figure out exactly what part of the sprite is what :S Maybe it is my monitor...
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

An old desease of mine.

But actual now I know what you mean I have seen some of my images on a LCD they get guite blurry :?

My made the edges a little sharper I don't really know if it's any better.
Attachments
defender of the light1.png
defender of the light1.png (4.51 KiB) Viewed 3677 times
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
Darth Fool
Retired Developer

Post by Darth Fool »

definitely better. Looks great!
Woodwizzle

Post by Woodwizzle »

I think that looks a whole lot better too. Still I think the hair in front of his face could maybe go. I can tell what it is now though :D
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

On the whole, very good. The position of the shield bugs me though - it looks to like it should be lowered a bit. ;)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Woodwizzle wrote:I think that looks a whole lot better too. Still I think the hair in front of his face could maybe go. I can tell what it is now though :D
:cry: nooo.... that makes it dramatic and dynamic...
freim
Retired Terrain Art Director

Post by freim »

Wayfarer, I've always found your units to be interesting and good. However, most of the time I just can't figure out what most parts of them are because you put too many details into them imo. They end up slightly pixelated and very "noisy".
Quentin

Post by Quentin »

frame wrote:Wayfarer, I've always found your units to be interesting and good. However, most of the time I just can't figure out what most parts of them are because you put too many details into them imo. They end up slightly pixelated and very "noisy".
i second that, a bit less detail would make things clearer :)
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Yes thats part of my style I can't change it but I can repair and fix some parts.
Attachments
defender of the light2.png
defender of the light2.png (4.01 KiB) Viewed 3509 times

-Ghost Fields
pigandforks

Post by pigandforks »

i would have to say i am a fan. But yeah LCD monitor doesnt do it justice. I like how detailed it looks and yeah it does take a bit of looking at to work it out but i generally work it out after about a minute of glaring at it.

But the point it i love how detailed it looks.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

It's good. It looks like a second or third level unit to me, I don't really care which. Just keep making stuff like this, and I'll get the custom gweddry in-game...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
varradami

Post by varradami »

Quentin wrote:
frame wrote:Wayfarer, I've always found your units to be interesting and good. However, most of the time I just can't figure out what most parts of them are because you put to much details into them imo. They end up slightly pixelated and very "noisy".
i second that, a bit less detail would make things clearer :)
I'd like to third that. Though the latest verion you posted is clearer. Looks very cool in fact.

(aside: what campaign is this guy from? yeah, I'm a newbie)
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

varradami wrote:(aside: what campaign is this guy from? yeah, I'm a newbie)
Eastern Invasion. I want to give Gweddry character-specific unit graphics.
The World of Orbivm