6%
Bad and needs lots and lots of work.
2%
Very bad and is unsaveable.
5%

Total votes: 83

Disto

Post by Disto »

OK, i think i've done them, erm yeah. :D , And which of you jokers voted it was terrible and unsaveable lol.
Attachments
marauder.zip
(18.87 KiB) Downloaded 296 times
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

The warrior line is not contained in that zip.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

Stupid thing!

Aha, this should be right.
Attachments
Marauders.zip
(50.15 KiB) Downloaded 332 times
Creator of the Marauders
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Well, interesting...

I think you use transparency too much and too inconsistently. The Warrior has almost none on him, but his advancements both have some pixels partly transparent for no apparent reason and are much duller (= less saturation) than the Warrior itself. I think that should be fixed.

Also, I corrected the Warrior -> Pillager -> Lord line a bit in other aspects. I hope you like my changes.

Those are the only ones I've looked at so far; I'll comment on the other lines and the Scorcher later.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Disto

Post by Disto »

turin wrote:Well, interesting...

I think you use transparency too much and too inconsistently. The Warrior has almost none on him, but his advancements both have some pixels partly transparent for no apparent reason and are much duller (= less saturation) than the Warrior itself. I think that should be fixed.

Also, I corrected the Warrior -> Pillager -> Lord line a bit in other aspects. I hope you like my changes.

Those are the only ones I've looked at so far; I'll comment on the other lines and the Scorcher later.
I like the warrior a lot, but i don't like the pillager, and even though the Lord looks quite good, i can see you've flipped it and kept the the head etc. But, it would need some changes, i can see keeping the new warrior, keeping the old pillage and just editing the new lord and it would look fine, and did you see about the leather colour i brought up in my first post, what do you think about that.
Creator of the Marauders
Assasin

Post by Assasin »

I'm definetly going to use them in the Dark Elves campgain. Do you have them coded yet?
I speak what's on my mind.

Which is why nothing I say makes sense.
Disto

Post by Disto »

Yes i have the configs, that what it the the zip, it has the images and the code.
Creator of the Marauders
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

Are they animated?
Sorry for the meaningless post
Disto

Post by Disto »

No, but thats because i've been away on a CPAS camp.
Creator of the Marauders
Disto

Post by Disto »

I've started animating again, i've started by fixing my old animations for the crusher, as i'm soo out of practice i can't seem to get anything right... I just can't get my hand comfortable on my mouse for drawing. If anyone wants to draw some more frames to make them smoother i'll be extremely grateful, i haven't got round to defence yet, well i did but then something about stuffing it happened and then i read a very funny email and am happy again, so it all turns of for the better.
Attachments
marauder-crusher.gif
marauder-crusher.gif (3.68 KiB) Viewed 4655 times
marauder-crusher-death.gif
marauder-crusher-death.gif (3.36 KiB) Viewed 4652 times
Creator of the Marauders
Disto

Post by Disto »

Disto wrote:I've started animating again, i've started by fixing my old animations for the crusher, as i'm soo out of practice i can't seem to get anything right... I just can't get my hand comfortable on my mouse for drawing. If anyone wants to draw some more frames to make them smoother i'll be extremely grateful, i haven't got round to defence yet, well i did but then something about stuffing it happened and then i read a very funny email and am happy again, so it all turns of for the better.
I take it no news is good news...
Creator of the Marauders
Quensul
Art Contributor

Post by Quensul »

I like them - I still think the final frame of the crusher's attack should have his hands together (or at least have a frame with the weapon 'down' and with his hands together), but I don't think it's a big deal.

The death animation definitely looks good - as you said, it could use a frame or two, but it's workable as is. His right foot looks a little odd in the final frame, but again, it's not a big deal.
Author of Wercator
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

You could use another frame where he is on his knees to make it more fluent. Yeah, cheesy dramatism.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
Disto

Post by Disto »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:You could use another frame where he is on his knees to make it more fluent. Yeah, cheesy dramatism.
There crazy insane pschyopatic berserkers they're not gonna drop untill like their heads chopped off or their stabbed through the heart, gonna be long gone before they touch the floor.

And i'll see what i can do about the hands.
Creator of the Marauders
Disto

Post by Disto »

Cuyo Quiz wrote:You could use another frame where he is on his knees to make it more fluent. Yeah, cheesy dramatism.
You'll be glad to hear that happens on some of the other Marauder units, but you'll have to play the imperial era to find out what they look like, i realised that the forums want a much higher quality then they need, as long as they look good ingame it's fine so. :) Purely because as it flashes past you can't see all the details, so if its a pixel too thin or slightly weirdly coloured it doesn't matter. I will improve them but right now i want to get all the Marauders animation done.
Creator of the Marauders