Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
turin
Lord of the East

Request: Ankh necklace item

Post by turin »

This is a request for an item (like the holy water, sceptre of fire, storm trident) that looks like a necklace with an ankh (the symbol on the holy water, looks like a cross with a loop at the top) at the end of it.

This is for Eastern Invasion, so if you make it and it passes standards, it will definitely get into the official game.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Like this?
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Almost perfect, except I can't really tell its an ankh. Can you make the loop at the top larger?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
wayfarer
Art Contributor

Post by wayfarer »

Yes I can
This girl, this boy, They were part of the land. What happens to the places we used to tend?
She's a hard one to trust, And he's a roving ghost. Will you come back, will you come back, Or leave me alone?

-Ghost Fields
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Thanks. I'll commit it once I remember how to commit images. :?
The World of Orbivm
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

If it's used on the map, then it should have a different perspective. This looks like it is hanging in mid-air...
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I really don't think that matters. The storm trident doesn't look like its lying on the ground either.
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

turin wrote:I really don't think that matters. The storm trident doesn't look like its lying on the ground either.
Well, the storm trident doesn't lie on the ground anyway, so what's your point? :P
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
King Arthur

Post by King Arthur »

ankh
Attachments
ankh-necklace_02kingarthur.png
ankh-necklace_02kingarthur.png (1.8 KiB) Viewed 4361 times
"Waes-hael! for Lord and Dame! O! merry be their Dole; Drink-hael! in Jesu's name, And fill the tawny bowl."
King Arthur
King Arthur

Post by King Arthur »

too big I supose
"Waes-hael! for Lord and Dame! O! merry be their Dole; Drink-hael! in Jesu's name, And fill the tawny bowl."
King Arthur
scott

Post by scott »

I might use this if you don't mind. It's not too big, and if you care to improve it I'll be appreciative.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

wayfarer wrote:Yes I can
I've committed the version of the anhk from this post to CVS. I'm working on making EI use it instead of holy water. If anyone knows any reason this should not be done, let them speak now, because once I've done it I probably won't change it back. :P
The World of Orbivm
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

turin wrote:
wayfarer wrote:Yes I can
I've committed the version of the anhk from this post to CVS. I'm working on making EI use it instead of holy water. If anyone knows any reason this should not be done, let them speak now, because once I've done it I probably won't change it back. :P
Holy water sounds a lot cooler. ;)

And looks better.
scott

Post by scott »

I use the holy ankh as a new weapon, not as something that makes your attack holy. It doesn't make sense why it would make one attack holy when you wear the ankh. If we had multiple damage types, it could 'holy-ify' all your weapons.

Here is the code I used to make the new weapon and its custom sound I whipped up with Garage Band. You would still need the code to place the object on the map.

Edit: just to explain, I had a skeleton on the map that gives you the ankh when you move onto it. That's why there is a reference to bones and why there's no item placement code here. Ankh.png in the code is the big kingarthur image above.

Code: Select all

#define OBJ_HOLY_ANKH X Y ID
	[event]
	name=moveto
	first_time_only=no
		[filter]
		x={X}
		y={Y}
		[/filter]
		[object]
		id={ID}
		name= _ "Holy Ankh"
		image=props/ankh.png
		duration=level
		description= _ "You find a hefty pendant among the bones.  It glows brightly when you pick it up!"
		cannot_use_message= _ "There are some bones here.  There appears to be something among them."
			[filter]
			side=1
			x,y={X},{Y}
			[/filter]
			[then]
				[removeitem]
				x,y={X},{Y}
				[/removeitem]
			[/then]
			[effect]
			apply_to=new_attack
			name= _ "holy ankh"
			icon=attacks/lightbeam.png
			type=holy
			range=long
			special=magical
			damage=24
			number=1
			# need a better attack sound, but this will do for now
				[sound]
				time=-1600
				sound=aaah.ogg
				[/sound]
				[missile_frame]
					begin=-180
					end=0
					image="projectiles/whitemissile-n.png"
					image_diagonal="projectiles/whitemissile-ne.png"
					halo=halo/white-mage-halo1.png,halo/white-mage-halo2.png,halo/white-mage-halo3.png,halo/white-mage-halo4.png
				[/missile_frame]
			[/effect]
		[/object]
	[/event]
	#enddef
Attachments
aaah.ogg.zip
(20.12 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

scott wrote:I use the holy ankh as a new weapon, not as something that makes your attack holy. It doesn't make sense why it would make one attack holy when you wear the ankh. If we had multiple damage types, it could 'holy-ify' all your weapons.
In EI, that's what it does, but just with making all of them holy, without leaving you any non-holy attacks.

The item would be called "Holy Amulet", in any case. It wouldn't mention that it was an anhk.
The World of Orbivm