Poll: new drake warrior

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:

What do you think of the new drake warrior picture?

Poll ended at July 3rd, 2005, 10:16 pm

Better than the old one I like it!
28%
The old one is still better, change it back!
40%
No comment they all look the same.
28%
others
4%

Total votes: 25

Ankka

Post by Ankka »

I like the jnew fighter and advancement images. :)

But what happened to the enforcer? It no longer levels from the gladiator...???
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Ankka wrote:But what happened to the enforcer? It no longer levels from the gladiator...???
This is what happens when .... ooh it's best to keep my mouth shut and not complain about things, eh?

Certain people in charge of unit balancing think that it would be better for him NOT to level up until all of the animations are finished. However, Wesnoth ran just fine without any animations for at least a good third of the development cycle to date.

Somehow, I think that would make it more difficult to balance the unit, since we will have less time to interact with it before 1.0. but ... whatever. They can do whatever they want with the guy, since this has been set as their responsibility.
----

Note regarding blademaster skin color: It's called war paint.
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

May I note that I had a redone warrior tree set up in this thread http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5481 ? I think it explains the sudden change in graphics alot more due to certain steps not being added yet.
Signature dropped due to use of img tag
NightBlade

Post by NightBlade »

WoA! neo did that blademaster no wonder i loved it, i recon that's the coolest drake unit around =) . i just think that the drake fighter and warrior could need some more improvement. the drake fighter looks a bit silly and it just doesnt seem to fit the whole line(sorry neo but that's what i feel). the drake warrior is cool but can be cooler ^^. and that blademaster....i cant open my eyes when i looked at it....its just toooo cool!!
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

I think that the blademaster looks ok, but warrior and fighter are complete crap.
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
Martinus

Post by Martinus »

I think the drake fighter line looks good even though they're not much useful:) The new warrior looks stronger than the old one. I think that's the way it ought to be,as he is a fighter
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

martenzo wrote:I think that the blademaster looks ok, but warrior and fighter are complete crap.
I second this gesture, They're the only drakes that still use the very first drake graphics I make and should be replaced with newer ones, But I'm to buzy with school to animate everything and such, So hoped that other artists would take a hand at this; Like Jetryl is doing.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Neoriceisgood wrote:
martenzo wrote:I think that the blademaster looks ok, but warrior and fighter are complete crap.
I second this gesture, They're the only drakes that still use the very first drake graphics I make and should be replaced with newer ones, But I'm to buzy with school to animate everything and such, So hoped that other artists would take a hand at this; Like Jetryl is doing.
School during the summer?
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

I'm dutch, My summer holliday won't start for another 5 or 6 weeks.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Neoriceisgood wrote:I'm dutch, My summer holliday won't start for another 5 or 6 weeks.
Kinda evil. How long is it, then? Only a month?
Neoriceisgood
Art Developer

Post by Neoriceisgood »

Almost two I believe, It ends later aswell.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Neoriceisgood wrote:Almost two I believe, It ends later aswell.
Ah.

Actually in Finland some teachers were thinking of changing it to be a month later than it is now, but luckily they didn't. :)
Disto

Post by Disto »

I get 6 weeks of holiday whereas the ****** finnish get double!!!! Argh, they get so much more holiday and still are really smart! Damn YOU!!!
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Cuyo Quiz

Post by Cuyo Quiz »

They get double because they are still really smart. You could say they have more efficiency.
Cuyo Quiz,where madness meets me :D
Turn on, tune in, fall out.
"I know that, but every single person nags about how negative turin is; it should be in the FPI thread "Turin should give positive comments" =)"-Neorice,23 Sep 2004
olof

Post by olof »

too much like the burner, i don't see the difference quick enough