Northeners

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Draconio

Post by Draconio »

The Goblin Pillager stops at level 2... so does the Troll Rocklobber.
Ankka

Post by Ankka »

Draconio wrote:The Goblin Pillager stops at level 2... so does the Troll Rocklobber.
But they're really secondary units, compared to the grunt.

IMvHO he could do perhaps 14-2 damage though, as now he does 5 damage less than the warrior and has less resistances, or that is what I have understood...
xtifr

Post by xtifr »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
xtifr wrote:I thought this was going to be an alternate for the warrior, not the wallord. In which case the stats should probably be toned down a little.
Huh? I gave stats for both levels...
So you did. I read too hastily. I apologize. I saw the art for one unit, noticed the big stats, and assumed too much.
Elvish Pillager wrote:Ogres are wimps. They're level 2, but they can only do a wimpy 30 damage maximum, with no abilities attached either. They don't even have a ranged attack. Only a troll, not a ogre, could do such a thing.
Yeah, I almost said troll in the first place, but my general feeling is that ogres should be bigger/tougher than trolls. And trolls already have branching. So I thought some improvements to the ogre line might be in order. "Ogres are wimps" is the problem I was hoping to solve. But adding it to trolls would be fine too. And maybe even to the yeti. Just not to the orcs.
"When a man is tired of Ankh-Morpork, he is tired of ankle-deep slurry" -- Catroaster

Legal, free live music: Surf Coasters at Double Down Saloon, Las Vegas on 2005-03-06. Tight, high-energy Japanese Surf-Rock.
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

xtifr wrote:And trolls already have branching.
[going off on a tangent]
I wasn't intending a branch when I said trolls.

The Troll Whelp is really cool and powerful because you can have lots of them and they get back to full HP soon after any time they take damage. The Troll is cool because it does tons of damage, and recuperates. But the Troll Warrior is just a boring upgrade. It doesn't heal very fast compared with its HP and it does significantly less damage total than its fellow L3s, and doesn't even have 80 HP.

It's a troll with a gigantic metal hammer. It, if anything besides the Yeti, deserves the Stun ability. It's always seemed like a weak L3; it would probably need to be weakened to balance the ability, but not by too much.

And wouldn't it be really cool?
[/going off on a tangent]
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Kamahawk

Post by Kamahawk »

You would think getting all that armor would riase the lv3's resistances a bit.
My contributions to the Wesnoth Project over time are inversly proportional to the number of registered forum users!
Piet Hein wrote:Knowing what thou knowest not is in a sence Omniscience
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Kamahawk wrote:You would think getting all that armor would riase the lv3's resistances a bit.
Yeah, I've wondered that for a while too.

Maybe 40% to Blade and Pierce and 20% to Impact?
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.