The Sceptre of Fire

Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
XJaPaN

Post by XJaPaN »

A little edit... nothing seemed to change but i got rid of the dark red glow around the secptre (you see it on black backgrounds). Here is the version without it. Use this one turin :)
Attachments
blubb_2.png
blubb_2.png (28.29 KiB) Viewed 2031 times
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Sure...but I can't see the difference.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
ryn

Post by ryn »

turin, if you play with your screen settings a bit you will see that the 'more glowy' version has red circles around the center. What disturbs me is that there is a red dot in the lower left area :|
2B |! 2B = 3F
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

ryn wrote:turin, if you play with your screen settings a bit you will see that the 'more glowy' version has red circles around the center. What disturbs me is that there is a red dot in the lower left area :|
Yeah. That's your standard "Apply the LENS FLARE filter!" I've often considered hunting down and killing the man who made that thing, as it literally has no use in still pictures. Lens flares are a bad thing you don't want to see in your photo, and an artifact caused by the limitations of glass optics. Why someone would want to emulate it in an image is beyond me, but they've added insult to injury by making the lens flare a poor imitation of the real thing.

All the time they j***ed into that could have been better spent making photoshop suck less (and keep in mind that it sucks less than any other image editor I've used, which is pretty sad).

As for this image, the "glow effect" is fine, but a full lens flare is a big no-no.

-----

And one thing that really bugs me is the persistence of those white outlines on the staff. Those weren't intended to be there - it may be some rather touchy brushwork to get rid of them, but IMO, it would be worth the time.

Anyways, there's my 2¢. Pardon my sermon against the "Lens flare," but I really hate that thing.