Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

eliminated
... all romantics meet the same fate someday
Cynical and drunk and boring someone in some dark cafe ...
All good dreamers pass this way some day
Hidin’ behind bottles in dark cafes
joshbosh321

Post by joshbosh321 »

congrats, Shadow, you just earned yourself a wiki page :P really long overdue, but I've been away/lazy the past few weeks.
Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the drug store, but that's just peanuts to space.

---Douglas Adams
Shade

Some combination

Post by Shade »

Some combination Shadow & EP's frames have been added to CVS... If anybody has a craving to keep posting missing frames I'll try to scoop them up from time to time :)
Note to forum users: You are in a maze of twisty little passages
Jetrel

Re: Some combination

Post by Jetrel »

Shade wrote:Some combination Shadow & EP's frames have been added to CVS... If anybody has a craving to keep posting missing frames I'll try to scoop them up from time to time :)
oy - I was going to touch some of them up before they were committed :|
heh. :D Can't fault ye for being on top of things, though.

All told, it's only a few that needed it, so you've saved me work regardless. Cheers.
Shade

Post by Shade »

Jetryl wrote: oy - I was going to touch some of them up before they were committed :|
heh. :D
Don't let me stop you :)
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

joshbosh321 wrote:congrats, Shadow, you just earned yourself a wiki page :P really long overdue, but I've been away/lazy the past few weeks.
I think I´ll make you much more work :D
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

Shadow wrote:I think I´ll make you much more work :D
Not good, the knife is supposed to be attacking someone on the right.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Elvish_Pillager

What?

Now, in CVS, the Death Knight fires its crossbow in two steps. First, it rips its shoulder; second, it swings its crossbow in a semicircle with the string outstretched. Never is the string released, but somehow the shot is fired.

Also, the Death Knight leads its troops by... looking away! Also, it holds its axe in the most awkward of positions. I think my defend image is better, too.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
Shadow wrote:I think I´ll make you much more work :D
Not good, the knife is supposed to be attacking someone on the right.
better?
Elvish_Pillager

Shadow wrote:better?
Yes, all though it should be a bit lighter IMO.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

brighter
Elvish_Pillager

Yeah, that's good. I suggest commitment.
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Shade wrote:
Jetryl wrote: oy - I was going to touch some of them up before they were committed :|
heh. :D
Don't let me stop you :)
:D Yeah, it was mostly the leadership frame from EP.
It's awesome that you're so on top of the ball with this, really. Precisely what we need to "get stuff done".

---------
That said, I have cleaned up the death-knight animations in CVS. Thanks to all of you for doing most of the work.

Do note - the "drawing of the crossbow" business - I wish it would have worked, but I had to give it the axe. - namely, we have no way of calling a "preparation for ranged combat" animation, one that plays only once, as the character switches weapons.

Really, we could use support for the following:
1] a "preparation for any attack sequence" animation. The dwarves could really use this, switching their axes for hammers.

2] Likewise, such a thing would call for an animation to be played at the end of a set of attacks

3] and, to make obsolete our current "image_long", a frame/animation to be played during idle time of an attack, while the opponent is doing something, but the character is not defending. This would generalize the image_long, allowing for units with multiple attacks to use it, as well as for units to use something like it on melee attacks. (aka the dwarf would sit there holding his hammer, instead of his axe).
Shade

Post by Shade »

Jetryl wrote: :D Yeah, it was mostly the leadership frame from EP.
It's awesome that you're so on top of the ball with this, really. Precisely what we need to "get stuff done".
If it's a relatively non-controversial bit I don't mind scooping it up... Especially if it is something as trivial as a missing frame. That being said I will generally only add the frame(s) I think look best (to me), not necessarily the newest frame on the thread.

Yeah, the 'drawing' of the crossbow was my bright idea- I notice the one - two of Shadow's frames combined with the Elvish Pillagers third frame would make a 'nice' (to me) raise the crossbow to fire effect...

The 'master of the graphics' I am not... Jetryl you are more than welcome to 'fix up' whatever I do (Edit- The same goes for anybody else with a CVS account & the desire). As far as the rest of you go.... Muah Ha ha ha... Well, pretty much the same goes- so long as I reasonably apathetic or heaven forbid, happy, about the change I can always update. :)