Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: The South Guard: Story pics and Portraits

Post by zookeeper »

All right, the new story art is now in both trunk and 1.8, and the hi-res versions in the resources branch with crediting done as requested.
lostnumber

Post by lostnumber »

really a shame that scavenger decided to leave :(

This art looked really promising, especially the story pictures
Neilarmius

Post by Neilarmius »

I apologise in advance if this has been touched upon previously or taken as at all inflammatory or peanutty. I think this is good place to raise this (minor) issue.

Many of the male portraits are incredibly good looking, strong jawed, muscle-bound, gods of men. In my mind many go beyond the bounds of warfighting practicality - do they spend a lot of time at Kai Typhos's mer-gym or applying elven facial cream? Except the odd walking corpse most portraits make me feel pretty ugly :) . That said I am very very pleased they are in Wesnoth- and that the respective artists have taken the time to create them- Truly brilliant art. Scavengers too. Please take this with pinch of humour.

Neil
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

If the dark adept line makes you feel ugly, I think you may need self esteem counseling... ;)

Seriously though, elves are *supposed* to look that way, and to be honest I think that greco-roman merpeople *would* spend their spare time keeping peak physical shape =P I would say that our depictions of outlaws, and even some campaign main characters (deoren in this thread, konrad, haldric, etc) do a good job of *not* being the stereotypical hero image.
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
Neilarmius

Post by Neilarmius »

I'm lich!

No really the male dark adept looks quite good looking. Quiet, thoughtful and handsome - he's a dark horse.

I'll leave my point there now.
dipseydoodle

Post by dipseydoodle »

They look great but there all to dark.