Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Velatus

Free Fire Generating Program

Post by Velatus »

Hello everybody.
I'm a french student in architecture, and a spare-time FreeBASIC programmer. I've been playing BFW for a couple of years now, and I have to say that it is definitely one of my all-time favorite games, if not my favorite. So I figured I might give something back to the community.
I'm working on a game engine, which features a real-time fire effect. I thought it would be cool to write a separate program with just the fire effect in it, with which one could basically be able to generate a fire loop with a custom palette, transparency etc., and incorporate later on in his sprites.
The program itself is not yet complete, for I only started to write it like yesterday evening. You cannot interact with it yet, but it does generate a fire animation.
Here is a screenshot: http://www.mediafire.com/file/w2zdtizzowz/Capture.png
And here is the program itself: http://www.mediafire.com/file/2yyimqyrcee/fire.exe
It's a Windows .exe, but it works fine (if not better) on Linux through Wine (Ubuntu 9.10). Hit "Q" to exit it, cause "Esc" just won't work.
I'll soon post a newer version of the program as soon as possible. Feel free to comment. :D
King_Elendil

Re: Free Fire Generating Program

Post by King_Elendil »

Hi, wow your a frenchie? cool :mrgreen: . Anyway, I was wondering if it would be difficult to make your program mac-friendly software :hmm: ? I use a mac and so do many others and it would be opportune if this would work on a mac. Let me know if its a possibility. Keep up the good work! :D
I'm finally admitting that this will be a very long (if not permanent) Wesbreak. Thank y'all for the great times, and may Wesnoth rise to become one of the most popular games on the planet.
Velatus

Post by Velatus »

Thanks.
Well, thing is the programming language I use has not be ported to Mac OS, and probably never will be :( . I think I could write a mac version, though, in any BASIC-like mac language. I'll check the internet.
King_Elendil

Post by King_Elendil »

Thank you. If it turns out to be way to much trouble, you don't really have to, it would just be very convenient. :mrgreen: There are many programs out there that only work on windows, so having the opportunity to ask you if you could make it work for mac, I did ask you. I really appreciate you trying whether it works out or not :)
I'm finally admitting that this will be a very long (if not permanent) Wesbreak. Thank y'all for the great times, and may Wesnoth rise to become one of the most popular games on the planet.
Velatus

Post by Velatus »

By the way I checked the net. here seems to be a basic dialect which works for windows, linux AND mac. I'll download it and give it a try. :)
King_Elendil

Post by King_Elendil »

Oh cool Thank you so much! :mrgreen:
Velatus

Post by Velatus »

You're welcome. I just want to help the community. :)
King_Elendil

Post by King_Elendil »

I hope that I will be able to as well ;)
King_Elendil

Post by King_Elendil »

Hello again, I found one of your old threads, and was wondering if your BfW-type game is done and available for download? :hmm: If it were I would love to try it out! :mrgreen:
ancestral
Inactive Developer

Post by ancestral »

Darwine is available…
Wesnoth BestiaryPREVIEW IT HERE )
Unit tree and stat browser
CanvasPREVIEW IT HERE )
Exp. map viewer
Velatus

Post by Velatus »

Hello King_Elendil.
Well my game is not finished yet. Since it's a one-man project, development is reeeeaaaaaaally sloooooow. Still there are a couple of executables available (windows only, sorry), somewhere on the FreeBASIC forum. Nothing too fancy though: just a dumb map you can scroll. It's also been through quite a big rewrite lately, so there's not much to show. :oops: Anyway, if you're interested in it, I'll keep you posted.
King_Elendil

Post by King_Elendil »

Cool, thanks. I know a little about WML but not enough to really do anything more than a simple unit :( so it's inspiring to see someone like you writing these programs. Again if it's to much trouble you don't have to do anything for me I was just curious :wink: .