Contribute art for mainline Wesnoth.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Forum rules
Before posting critique in this forum, you must read the following thread:
Olie

Wose Sketch

Post by Olie »

Feedback and criticism welcomed.
Anyone know if a final wose portrait has been made?
Attachments
WoseSketch.png
WoseSketch.png (168.37 KiB) Viewed 4151 times
methinks

Post by methinks »

I like it!

Would need some polishing IMO, like eye alignement - the left one is kind of crooked, smaller then the right one and definitely too high. Maybe his hands could be a little bit more defined. But this is a sketch, so let's see what comes out of this one.
-Adam
commanderkeen

Post by commanderkeen »

Cool!

The eyes do look a bit misaligned, but I like the bark texture. There is no final wose portrait in 1.2.1, so if this can be polished enough, it may make it into mainline! :D

I like the eyebrows and nose :)
Jetrel

Post by Jetrel »

Eye misalignment isn't an issue.

I would prefer if the vertical length of the face were quite less than it is in this image, and if the wose had a touch of the "beard" that is present on the sprites, but otherwise, this is wonderful.

Other than the prominent olfactory apparatus, it's a good job of making the "wose that could be mistaken for a tree" - something which integrating the beard into, if you try to do that, will be rather difficult (do try, but that's not an absolute requirement).
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

Well, it's good fanart.
Simons Mith

Post by Simons Mith »

Why can't I see this pic? It's not a bitmap filetyped as PNG is it? When I save this page there is no file (of any filetype) of the size claimed by that PNG file (168k).
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Post by irrevenant »

Simons Mith wrote:Why can't I see this pic? It's not a bitmap filetyped as PNG is it? When I save this page there is no file (of any filetype) of the size claimed by that PNG file (168k).
How are you saving the page?

Unlike (say) a MS Word Document, graphics are not stored as part of the .htm web page file. Instead the page stores a pointer to the picture. If you want to save the picture, don't save the whole page, just right-click on the picture itself and select 'save image as" (or the equivalent).

Of course, it's entirely possible I've misunderstood your use of the word 'page'...
VS
Translator

Post by VS »