Campaign: Invasion of Arendia

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Good point I suppose that I would be less likely to make a whole new portrait for a campaign if I wasn't sure that it would be worth it
scott

Post by scott »

However, I would love some portraits for the shadow mage line. If you get someone to do them, make sure they fit the core game style (spearmen, horsemen, shaman, mers, etc.) rather than one of the campaign styles.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Good point I had been thinking the same thing when I posted the thread on the art development forum, but frogot about it soon after, Will now put in message to remind possible artists of this possibility (might make them respond faster too.)

[edit] I have just tried to upload the campaign to the server (because I am finally home and so can now access it, but there is no option that I can find when I go to 'get more campaigns', how can I upload it?
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Have finally managed to upload the campaign to the server, with the help of Scott, and so you can now download it and use it yourself.

It has:

nine working scenarios.
all three difficultys for all levels
and has images instead of the blank you got with the version I released on this thread earlier.

However saves from the earlier version WILL NOT WORK (I know because mine don't work), this is because it couldn't be published without changing the id' s of the units, and so all the recall lists have errors in them.
taz

Post by taz »

Played the 2nd (well 1st battle) scenario

Nice map, nice dialogues (some typos but who am I to talk about typos ? :mrgreen: )

However I did not found the idea of wandering along the (large and very well made) map to find and kill a single tug very exiting (may be it's a matter of taste). Maybe you could add more enemies with more “training areas� along the way ? It is just a suggestion. Otherwise the campaign seems promising :)
Good work Ranger M :)
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

The first and second scenario were made to be a sort of story background for the character and were made when I had a very limited understanding of WML (I sort of taught myself as i wnet along in this campaign, learning by looking at how other campaigns did it.)

It probably would have been a better idea to put him much closer, but then one of the AIs would have gone and killed him, which I didn't want, so it is how it is for now, but I will probably change it to a sort of search the nearby villages, like there was in eastern invasion some time soon.

Also could someone give me some tips on what music to use as my sound doesn't work right now.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I am trying to make Matt and Tom not move in the Reth's Training scenario. so far I have:

Put them both on guardian

Code: Select all

[ai_special]
			guardian=yes
			[/ai_special]
and set the village_value=0

but neither has worked. Any suggestions?
scott

Post by scott »

Here's a music list. There is also a main_menu_new.ogg that is the current main menu music. main_menu.ogg is the old violin piece.
Attachments
musiclist.txt
(662 Bytes) Downloaded 481 times
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

When I click download I get this
{\rtf1\mac\ansicpg10000\cocoartf824\cocoasubrtf230
{\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset77 Helvetica;}
{\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;}
\margl1440\margr1440\vieww5180\viewh5020\viewkind0
\pard\tx720\tx1440\tx2160\tx2880\tx3600\tx4320\tx5040\tx5760\tx6480\tx7200\tx7920\tx8640\ql\qnatural

\f0\fs24 \cf0 music list\
\
elf-land: aahs, mystical\
frantic: high stress event\
main_menu: symphonic\
underground: scary\
wesnoth-1: smooth, ominous, original opening music\
wesnoth-2: military march\
wesnoth-3: undead music\
wesnoth-4: elf foresty music\
wesnoth-5: drums of war\
wesnoth-6: crazy high beat\
wesnoth-7: new age music\
wesnoth-8: classical music new-ageified}
Except it has loads of numbers in the column beside it, What does it mean?

BTW when I said my music doesn't work it's not because the music isn't there, (I checked) It's because It doesn't let me tick the box in preferences
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

I have just put a new version of the campaign on the server because the old one had a couple of errors in it, but these should all be fixed now.

It also has a different version of the second level to make it more interesting
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Ranger M wrote:Put them both on guardian

Code: Select all

[ai_special]
			guardian=yes
			[/ai_special]
and set the village_value=0

but neither has worked. Any suggestions?
ai_special is a key, not a tag. Read SingleUnitWML more carefully.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Thanks, has worked now

now have put:

ai_special=guardian

And it works well (will be in next update)
irrevenant
Moderator Emeritus

Spelling/Grammar

Post by irrevenant »

Note: This message contains *SPOILERS* for the dialogue of the first mission.

I'm really enjoying this campaign - it has a lot of promise.

I'm having a problem where the level 0 unit is invisible for me, but that's happening with Saving Elensfar too, so it might be an install problem.

Probably the most distracting thing, though is that there are a lot of spelling/grammatical errors.

In the scenario names:
  • "Boarder Disturbance" should be "Border Disturbance"
    "Reth's Beggining" should be "Reth's Beginning"
If english isn't your strong point, I'd suggest at least running a spellchecker over your text. It won't catch everything (eg. "boarder" is a valid word, but wrong in this context), but it'll help. (Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any grammar checkers for Linux).

Here are the dialogue corrections for "Reth's Beginning" (changes marked in bold):
  • "Where are those two rascals. I swear those two will be the death of me some day!"
    "Father, Father... we were playing- *pants*"
    "Along side the road to Barnabon when w-"
    "How many times have I told you not to go near Barnabon or its road? Huh? It's dangerous for you, I have many enemies who would just love to kidnap you."
    "Dad, listen. We were playing there when we heard a group of thugs from the Black Hand."
    "So we hid in a bush and waited for them to pass by, just like you told us to."
    "But instead of walking on by they stopped near us an-"
    "And I thought that we had been caught, but-"
    "Hey! I was telling this bit. Anyway they were dumping a body in the ditch."
    "So you DID leave it IN CASE it was a trap LIKE I TOLD YOU, RIGHT?"
    "Well not exactly. It groaned in a sort of "help I'm dying sort of way, so-"
    "We went and investigated, and we found him. *points at Reth*"
    "He's really hurt, but please can he stay?! Pleeeeeeeease?! It's boring being the only two kids around here."
    "Weeeell, I won't let him study shadow craft with you, but okay. However if he's annoying or lazy he goes."
[/list]
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

Thanks, you'd think that I would at least be able to spell in my own language. :oops:

If you find any others please tell me, I've never been good at spelling.
Ranger M
Art Contributor

Post by Ranger M »

When you mentioned the lv0 unit being invisible was it always invisible or only some of the time?

have you downloaded Lv3 Bandits from the server because it and it's images come from that.