Dark Elf Campaign: A New Threat

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ewan

Re: Campaign bugs

Post by Ewan »

jjongsma wrote:
- Several units had broken image paths
- Had to change all "range=short" to "range=melee" and "range=long" to "range=ranged" to get them to fight correctly.
- In several scenarios the dwarves were fighting each other.

I think there were a few others, can't recall at this point, will post more if I remember...
Just played this campaign for the first time. In addition to the obvious unit issues - missing images (e.g. for the High Lord as well as the runner) and attack types - the biggest bug to date is the problem (which I see referenced up-thread) when beating the scenario (Path?) before reinforcements arrive; not only do we miss out on all the text, but there is also no ability going forward to recruit enchantresses or lizardmen.

Not that this is fatal, as the huge army gained from visiting villages includes some of each and several more mysteriously appear on the recall list. But in gameplay terms, very annoying.

The intradwarven conflict is hideous, and makes the campaign esentially no challenge, though; that would be my first priority.
ILikeProgramming

Post by ILikeProgramming »

Ewan wrote:
jjongsma wrote:
- Several units had broken image paths
- Had to change all "range=short" to "range=melee" and "range=long" to "range=ranged" to get them to fight correctly.
- In several scenarios the dwarves were fighting each other.

I think there were a few others, can't recall at this point, will post more if I remember...
Just played this campaign for the first time. In addition to the obvious unit issues - missing images (e.g. for the High Lord as well as the runner) and attack types - the biggest bug to date is the problem (which I see referenced up-thread) when beating the scenario (Path?) before reinforcements arrive; not only do we miss out on all the text, but there is also no ability going forward to recruit enchantresses or lizardmen.

Not that this is fatal, as the huge army gained from visiting villages includes some of each and several more mysteriously appear on the recall list. But in gameplay terms, very annoying.

The intradwarven conflict is hideous, and makes the campaign esentially no challenge, though; that would be my first priority.
Please get the newest version -0.5.1- and test it out (from the beginning).

As for the problem in Path, I'll fix it soon.
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

ILikeProgramming wrote:
That's what I did.
ILikeProgramming

Ewan wrote:
ILikeProgramming wrote:
That's what I did.
Did you start from the very beginning?
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

I didn't ever get any sort of scenario order, but blood would be after treasure... However if you don't want it, then don't use it I don't care.
ILikeProgramming

I need something new. So far we have only 4 different types of scenarios
1. Fight dwarves
2. Fight dwarves + units in villages
3. Traya coming, new units for recruit
4. "Treasure"

We need more variety. Right now, the only thing that changes between scenarios is dialouge.
Oreb

Post by Oreb »

ILikeProgramming wrote:I need something new. So far we have only 4 different types of scenarios
1. Fight dwarves
2. Fight dwarves + units in villages
3. Traya coming, new units for recruit
4. "Treasure"

We need more variety. Right now, the only thing that changes between scenarios is dialouge.
Well assassin's idea was that after they were pushed back by the dwarves, they had to go to the 'underworld'. Which has undead/monsters. Then they escape through another portal, with at which they are outside the caves in 'elf' territory. And need to fight to get back to the caves. And they could ecounter humans along the way.

When they find the caves they are at the back of the dwarvish army, and then they encounter the 'king' and kill him. So, does that provide variety?
I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
Give your comments to the World of Orbivm
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Only somewhat, I'm thinking that maybe we could have an RPGish type scenario. With you controlling Varish'na, Traya, and the other heroes in a "dungeon crawl".
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

ILikeProgramming wrote:
Ewan wrote: That's what I did.
Did you start from the very beginning?
Yes. As I stated, this was the first time I had played the campaign, so there was nowhere else to start. Ye gods.

Incidentally, I fixed the missing Fire Dragon unit for 'Treasure', but the game still won't load it - "attempt to de-serialise an empty unit" is the error, which I have not previously seen.
ILikeProgramming

Ewan wrote:
ILikeProgramming wrote: Did you start from the very beginning?
Yes. As I stated, this was the first time I had played the campaign, so there was nowhere else to start. Ye gods.

Incidentally, I fixed the missing Fire Dragon unit for 'Treasure', but the game still won't load it - "attempt to de-serialise an empty unit" is the error, which I have not previously seen.
This is a unit coordinate problem.
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

That reminds me... I didn't do ALL of the unit coordinates for Treasure...
ILikeProgramming

I did them (And that's why I'm lazy to switch the map)
Ryorin

Post by Ryorin »

Sorry... I did get half done, then I got lazy that day...
ILikeProgramming

Who did the shadows for the dark elves? The pink shadow needs to be recolored, and for some wierd reason I can't use the "eyedropper tool" in Fireworks properly.
ILikeProgramming

Version 0.5.2 is released!

Changelog:
Updated dwarf units to match those in the extended era
Fixed dialogue in "Beginning" when the leader is killed
Made automatically generated units have random traits