An interface for developing campaigns ...

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

allefant
Units Database Administrator

Re: An interface for developing campaigns ...

Post by allefant »

No. The SVN version likely needs not much work to get the basic stuff working again, but that probably won't help much - currently it's broken. I'll probably fix things to work in Linux again in the next days, but it will be weeks or months until I'll have access to a Windows box and fully resume work on CampGen. Also, maybe one google project will write a new scenario editor over the summer, in which case CampGen will retire for good :)
Kryzyzkowski

Post by Kryzyzkowski »

I am using Debian amd64 etc. etc. etc.
and wesnoth 1.4

does it (CampGen) still work if I compile it for linux? (I am 14 and learning JavaME, so I don't want to learn WML and C is way too hard) Good luck on project anyhow!

edit:
by compile I mean that I download something like the source and ./configure ./makefile or something like that, not a Linux installer

yet another edit:
this might seem off topic, but does the wesnoth map editor come in the CampGen, or do I get it from somewhere else? and is this the CampGen referred to here http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CampGen?

if you can, please tell me what else I'll need for this to work

and what is python?!? :eng:
Last edited by Kryzyzkowski on April 3rd, 2008, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kryzyzkowski

Re:

Post by Kryzyzkowski »

allefant wrote:
[~]: campgen
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/campgen", line 21, in ?
import gui_main
ImportError: No module named gui_main
l
ocal/python 2.4.2-1
A high-level scripting language
local/wxpython 2.6.1.0-1
A wxWidgets GUI toolkit for Python.
Yes, my packaging skills are not quite good. So for now, you have to run campgen from its directory, so it will find the modules. I.e., assuming this is unix, you unpack it somewhere, then go to the directory with "campgen" in it, and run it as "./campgen".. now it will find the modules in the scripts folder. If you run it from somewhere else, it won't find the modules. Not sure yet how to solve this..
so all I need to do is download the CampGen, and ./campgen in which ever directory it is in?

- if you want me to, I'll post any problems I'll run into as replies on this thread
allefant
Units Database Administrator

Post by allefant »

Well, unfortunately, there's no working version currently, as I'm the only maintainer and somewhat short on time right now.
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

Kryzyzkowski wrote:I am using Debian amd64 etc. etc. etc.
and wesnoth 1.4

does it (CampGen) still work if I compile it for linux? (I am 14 and learning JavaME, so I don't want to learn WML and C is way too hard) Good luck on project anyhow!

edit:
by compile I mean that I download something like the source and ./configure ./makefile or something like that, not a Linux installer

yet another edit:
this might seem off topic, but does the wesnoth map editor come in the CampGen, or do I get it from somewhere else? and is this the CampGen referred to here http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/CampGen?

if you can, please tell me what else I'll need for this to work

and what is python?!? :eng:
http://www.python.org/

It's a scripting language...