New Campaign: Invasion of Eliador

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

martenzo

Post by martenzo »

genosuke wrote:There's a new version (still incomplete) on the server that might fix your problem, martenzo. I'm using linux too, btw, but I guess your locations might be different.
What distro? Mine is Fedora 4.
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Could you please ensure your campaign respects the user campaign conventions? See the wiki pages for advice. In short, you need to put almost all the campaign specific includes inside your campaign #ifdef, so it doesn't pollute the rest of the game. In fact, you seem to not use an #ifdef at all -- you need to wrap pretty much everything in your campaign .cfg file inside a #ifdef ELIADOR/#endif pair, except for the images directory (which you need to include as a binary path). You most certainly should not include images or sounds directories since they contain no WML. You should probably also change ELIADOR TO CAMPAIGN_ELIADOR.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

I didn't know that the campaign file loads when Wesnoth starts until recently (I made a change that resulted in Wesnoth crashing on startup). That's why I took it off the campaign server. Anyone who downloaded the campaign should delete it. I'll upload the final (hopefully bug free) version within the next couple of weeks.
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

No need to keep it off the campaign server for several weeks while you debug it fully. The version I have works OK with current CVS (your version 0.5.3, I think), but it slows the game down a lot due to unnecessary loading of files. You just need a #ifdef and a #endif to fix this, and in the meanwhile we can carry on playtesting. Please consider uploading the campaign again!
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

I've already fixed the campaign file. But since I deleted the campaign from the server last weekend, several changes were made to the scenarios. These changes need to be tested before I can rerelease the campaign.

Also, the AI for the gold and othello map aren't very good. I couldn't figure out how to make the sharks behave the way I wanted using WML, so I might have to create an AI plugin for them. The othello map is just way too easy right now.

I'm confident I can finish the campaign in less than two weeks, so I don't see any reason to release another incomplete and buggy version.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

If you're working so hard on it, take a look at http://wesnoth.slack.it/?WesCamp as well. The list of campaigns available there is much too short.
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

Okay, I'll submit my campaign for translation when it's complete. Though I'd rather my trite dialog not be translated. ;)
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Your trite dialog means? If you're worried about quality, I guess that potential translators might send in corrections as well...
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

I have a confession to make. I've completely lost interest in my campaign. I'm just going to play it through once tonight, and if I don't find any major bugs, I'll upload it as is.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Posting a campaign you intend to abandon immediately after sounds rather strange to me...
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

I wasn't planning on working on the same campaign indefinetly. The version on the server is complete. Besides, I'm not abandoning the campaign. I'll still update it when necessary (e.g., bug fixes and translations).
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Doing bugfixes and putting translations on the server doesn't fit into "completely lost interest" according to my understanding. :wink:
If you just don't intend to expand it further but you'll maintain it then I've got no complains at all. Just some nagging until it is in WesCamp and ready for translations. Since most translators seem to take a summer break anyway, that won't be very often yet.
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

I added the textdomain lines to my campaign (version 0.9.1) so I think it's ready to be translated. What should I do now? My berlios.de username is "genosuke".
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Like written on the WesCamp page, send me a tarball containing the part of your campaign to be translated (ommitting custom images, sound...). I'll then do the initial checkin, create a Wiki page and you're campaign will be ready to be picked up. Afterwards you should keep it up to date, I'll only do the first step (because getttext.wesnoth.org requires a correct layout) and commit translations sent my way.
claus

Post by claus »

Are you sure sides with controller=null have a recall list. (In the Othello scenario i lost a lot units which were not taking part in the scenario and i think this is because, if a player has more units than required (number of castle hexes), you put the remaining units into the recall list of side 3) A easy fix would be to recall all units.
One more point: I think i run out of units, because no unit was placed on the last spot (Watching a replay: My castle was empty except Ardella, no unit was placed on the spot, but i gained controll over a skeleton) :) (I blocked Othello two times, the last move was a bad move, which is, why i am happy with running out of units)