Placing Female Units in Map Editor

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

badwolfe

Placing Female Units in Map Editor

Post by badwolfe »

Hi, I'm exploring creating maps and scenarios (using the in game map editor) for a group of friends. I want to place a mix of male and female versions of the units with both models (ie Elvish Archers and mages), but I cannot figure out how to place anything but the male version of the units. I have tried searching the forums for this and have not found a solution. Again, I am using the in game map/scenario editor for this. New to content creation and would really appreciate the help figuring this out, thanks!
Wussel

Re: Placing Female Units in Map Editor

Post by Wussel »

That should go to WML workshop. Not sure about the answer maybe with variation command or +female at the right spot. Good luck!
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

I think the point of the post was to ask if it was possible from the editor.
It is possible by modifying the unit in the cfg, but not directly in the editor at the moment afaik.
Plus, it can be quite long if you have a lot of units.
Wussel

Post by Wussel »

I guess it is an idea ore feature request then. Editor should use all available genders randomly or so.
badwolfe

Post by badwolfe »

Yes I was referring specifically to map editor, I am not doing any coding at this point. Sorry if I put it in the wrong forum, as I said, I'm new to it. I think it would be a worthwhile feature to make the female models available in map editor. I was driving myself crazy looking for how, and at one point opened a blank map and just started placing to see if it would randomly distribute, so it is good to know the feature does not exist yet. Thank you.
lhybrideur

Post by lhybrideur »

Maybe something like a right-click menu "Change gender" on the unit, that would not appear/be grayed out if only one gender is available for the unit