Single Player campaign overhaul discussion (non-Developers Forum version)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

name

Re: Wings of Victory 1.0.6 (Drake Campaign for BfW 1.14/1.15)

Post by name »

Whiskeyjack wrote: February 5th, 2020, 5:33 pm We had "dictators" for (visual) art and music for years and I don't see how anyone complained about that. We didn't have anything of the like for writing and look where mainline is at after more than 10 (!) years of continual improvements on the campaigns. If that's the only way to actually get this done - so be it.
It is too bad this is a closing statement because there are a lot of assumptions to unpack there.

The biggest of these is your solution necessarily assumes that the campaign maintainers are too unreasonable to accept a well thought out and communicated rewrite plan. Because otherwise there is no need for an overarching campaign dictator. Campaign maintainers already have the authority to make changes.

You also do not consider that where wesnoth is not perfect is very likely due to insufficient manpower.

Art and music have their issues as well. Quite a lot of base frames are missing directional facings, let alone facings for their general animations, or move animations of any facing. There is not enough faction-themed music, to give each playable faction a distinct playlist. Even though these areas have the centralized authority you advocate for, they are still missing various desirable features because we lack the work force to make it happen.
Whiskeyjack wrote: February 5th, 2020, 5:33 pm I should add that I intentionally use your hyperbolic narrative here
If you are referring to word use, you invoked "democracy" with the implication that it was a bad thing, so it is perfectly reasonable to assume you prefer dictatorship as a solution to what you feel is the problem. I was using your chosen metaphor of real world political systems.
Pentarctagon
Project Manager

Re: Single Player campaign overhaul discussion (non-Developers Forum version)

Post by Pentarctagon »

Split from here at SigurdFireDragon's request.
99 little bugs in the code, 99 little bugs
take one down, patch it around
-2,147,483,648 little bugs in the code