New Campaign: A Seed of Evil

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Disto

Post by Disto »

Ok i just played scenario 5 with the changes once the undead actually recruit it should be fine as i managed to survive the entire 16 turns. Just because i had absoulutly no forces does not mean anything.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
Disto

Post by Disto »

Ok you asked for it Big Joe, install the new version of the campaign, remove the .txt from the end of the file name and add it to your saves and be amazed!
I completed scenario 4 with purely spearman and a lv 2 Disto. I really need to get the hero a new name.
Attachments
Dispatched_to_the_Border_replay.txt
(128.5 KiB) Downloaded 470 times
Creator of the Marauders
Disto

Post by Disto »

Scenario 6 is done and it is ready for a new release almost. Except that i'm going to make a scenario 6a so it should be a little while yet and the server is down.
Creator of the Marauders
martenzo

Post by martenzo »

aelius wrote:nextlevel=the_third_scenario.cfg to nextlevel=the_third_scenario or it won't load.
I have the same problem, exept that it's in the 1. scenario
me: Welcome to the real world. If everyone says your art and opinions suck, it's because they DO suck. Even if you're too damned proud/stupid/both to realize it.
danny_california: yep keep telling fairy tales.
Big Bad Joe

Post by Big Bad Joe »

Ok you asked for it Big Joe, install the new version of the campaign, remove the .txt from the end of the file name and add it to your saves and be amazed!
I completed scenario 4 with purely spearman and a lv 2 Disto.
That is not a problem, I finished it even without any casualties. There is no big difference between using spearmen and lvld units when the oponent has the 4 units to 1 yours. My main objection was that you could not fight because you got smashed and if you were just escaping you got no money for the next level - so it seems to me like level for nohing.
Rebalanced lvl.3 give you even less money to start lvl.4 than before..
Show me how do you beat lvl.5 with 150 starting gold in 14 turns against this two AIs with a lot of money and big castles, even with NEW advantage of undead ally. Than I could be amazed :lol:
Just bored..
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

I know that this is a fairly recent campaign, but I thought you might have concieved of the idea much earlier, and then you made it your forum name, with the intention of making a campaign out of it.
Sorry for the meaningless post
Disto

Post by Disto »

To romnajin- Nope

To Big Bad Joe- I don't think i've managed that, i might turn the gold up to 200 if i already haven't, but now you can win just surviving, then you go onto a level purely fighting the shadow lord (still with a ally) and a hell of a lot of gold.

To Martenzo- this must mean you have a old version, update and it should be fine.
Creator of the Marauders
Disto

Post by Disto »

Ok uploaded it finally,

- A whole lot of balancing, to scenario 4 and 5.

- A alternate end to scenario 5.

- And 2 possible scenarios to play on the sixth scenario.
Creator of the Marauders
Mkgego

Post by Mkgego »

Disto have found an important "big" tippo error that you should correct as soon as possible...

Its in the the_first_scenario.cfg... maybe you forgot to change the description name of the unit or simple you forgot to delete this code... Anyway here is the code you should look at :D

[event]
name=die
[filter]
description=Kelmi
[/filter]
[message]
id=msg2_2
description=Kelmi
message= _ "We will return, the King will know of this..."
[/message]
[/event]
Grmph havent found any Kelmi unit in your campaign :S !!!

Btw nice campaign :D, a better improvement would be also to let a free space between points and commas... sometimes it looks like one text when its actually 3 frases... dont know if you understand what iam meaning...
WoW C-Mode activated...
For the horde :D
Disto

Post by Disto »

Ok, Kelmi was the original name for the Orcish Ruler but when i acidentally saved over scenario 1 with what is scenario, i picked up a older version of what i had done and forgotten to delete where it said about Kelmi.

Do you have any other problems with it?
Creator of the Marauders
Rothrorn

Bug in scenario 3

Post by Rothrorn »

Hello Disto

Great campaign, really enjoying it so far. However there seems to be a weird bug in the patrolling the road scenario where most, but not all, the thieves are invisible. This makes it quite hard as my best units suddenly get backstabbed when I'm not expecting it.
Rothrorn the Wise
Disto

Post by Disto »

Can you tell me which units have dissapeared please, the double name thing will be fixed and at the moment i can't do much but i will right it if you tell me which unit.
Creator of the Marauders
Rothrorn

Post by Rothrorn »

Hello Disto

It just seems to be some thieves which are invisible. It just seems to be the png thats missing - they exist on the small map andthey are certainly real enough to stick a knife in my red mages back! None of the other units are affected. Could it be gender specific thing? I can't really tell from the names but maybe only the female thieves are missing.

hope this helps
Rothrorn the Wise
Disto

Post by Disto »

I don't think it's that, because thieves are actually in the game and not gender-specific, so it may be your version of the game, check you have got thief+female.png in your wesnoth/images.
Creator of the Marauders
ott
Inactive Developer

Post by ott »

Sounds like you need to quote those filenames -- the 0.9+ parser eats '+' characters unless the string is quoted.
This quote is not attributable to Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.