New Campaign: A Seed of Evil

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Disto

A Seed of Evil

Post by Disto »

Just managed to finally upload it, it is now a lot closer to the size it is meant to be.

- Numerous bug fixes.

- Some grammar and spelling corrections.

- Scenario 4 is up, i haven't personally tried it with that much time.

- It is set so Scenario 1 starts rather than scenario 3.

- And some stuff that i've forgotten.

- I would've done Scenario 5 but i'm going away and have sod all time.
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
scott

Post by scott »

I figured out your "starts 1 hex below castle" problem. Your map file has an extra line at the beginning. For some reason, this messes up placement of your leader. Delete the blank line in scenario 4's map and it works correctly. I will file a bug report.

I see what you were talking about now with the Liberty crossover. Let me know what you want to do with it, if anything.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Disto

Post by Disto »

I'm kinda doing it, making it as i go along. i have up to scenario 6 sussed as what i'm doing but after that i lack ideas.
Creator of the Marauders
Disto

Post by Disto »

Ok New release is out, any feedback would be extremely appreciated.

Basically whats new.

- Scenario 5 is done and is out. Untested so good luck :D.

- Scenario 6 is in development but you can muck around on it to your hearts desire.

- A few miscellaneos fixes.
Creator of the Marauders
ombrage

seed of evil

Post by ombrage »

This has been one of the funnest campaigns i have played, i hope you keep on working on it. One question, when i try to play "THE HUNTED" i get a error message stating that "MAP NOT FOUND" is this a problem with the campaign or is it at my end? Anyway thank you and once again GREAT campaign.
t. gillmore
Disto

Post by Disto »

Thanks Ombrage, i've only just released scenario 5 so try redownloading it and scenario 5 is there :D .
Creator of the Marauders
Big Bad Joe

Post by Big Bad Joe »

I went through your campaign on normal mode and found out that:
scenario 4 is really insanely hard - if I chose to not fight and retreated my units - I had minus money for next one.
If I fought my casualties are enormous and I can not recall (because there os no one to ) the next scenario anymore.
Anyway why is not there - sc.4 - any real defensive position - I do not think that it helps much, but it can be a small advantage. Do you think that even a great player ( me in campaigns :lol: ) can stand with 8 lvl2 and 1 lvl3 - Disto ( is it bad? I mean do you have more lvld. units here??), without money to recall them all ( I have 150g in the beggining, or is this bad?) against about 25 lvl2 and 30 lvl1?? Am I supposed to lose all my units here, or going to the next level totally without money??
List of my units in the beg. : Two fire mages, one light mage, one pikeman, two knights, one dragoon, one longbowmen, one royal guard.. and some pikemen and one mage close to advancement in one or two killls..
Just curious.. How are the others in this level..
I really focus on good experience distribution in all campaigns I have played, I even fight simultaneously against king and orc warlord in the first map to have a lot of exp, but to win level four reasonably is over my skill it seems..
Keep up good work. Thanks..
replay added
Attachments
Dispatched_to_the_Border_replay.zip
(11.58 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
Just bored..
Disto

Post by Disto »

Ok i did have more units by that point and also i managed it, purely with 6 spearman on my keep and a lv 2 Disto, would a reduction of the ai's gold suffice, maybe 100 for both?
And also i might turn up the turn limit of scenario 3 to give you more gold as it is meant to be a hard level.

Also are you aware that a ally turns up in scenario 5 to help you.
Creator of the Marauders
Big Bad Joe

Post by Big Bad Joe »

Ok. I have played scenario 5 six times just to get smashed everytime, because I do not have money, do not have enough villages and oponents it seems have something like 3OO both.
I finally made it by using debug and giving myself three yettis... even with them it was not easy..
Ally - necromancer did not recruit any unit and so it is not a lot of help. He appeared on the turn six, and in that turn, I was usually nearly dead, if I try to defend the river cross..
Opinions:
1) Is it really necessary to give oponents one turn advantage by placing Disto two turns from the castle?
2) There is no usefull defensive terrain again, if I chose to hold the river with my 150 I will get slaughtered by lvl.2s Criminals..
Disto: Can you please send me your replays. I just want to see what am I doing wrong..
Just now I feel that the campaign is on the same level with SoTBE ( but I finished the SoTBE on normal) in the difficulty... No money, no time, no chance to win it..
Anyway I am quite sure that map 5 is imposible to win in 14 turns, and do not understand why are all your scenarios so short timed. it seems to me that the only reason is to not let the player have a money ..
But these are just my opinions, if anyone send a replay of his playing of this campaign ( without saveloading, or save changing), where he shows that it is possible to go through without great problems, I will take it.
Am I really that bad player? I have played nearly all existing camps. now and this one is making me really upset. Maybe just a bad strategy..
CAN ANYONE SEND HIS REPLAYS??
Just bored..
Disto

Post by Disto »

The allie i will fix so you will have revenants on your side, i haven't personally completed scenario 5 but i haven't had time to play it.
Creator of the Marauders
Disto

Post by Disto »

Ok new release is here, just let me upload it.

- Ally in scenario 5 recruits.

- Decreased the cash of the enemy in scenario 4 and 5.

- Gave more turns in scenario 3 for more cash in scenario 4 and 5.

- Fixed a few bugs.

- Increased minimum cash in scenario 5.
Creator of the Marauders
Big Bad Joe

Post by Big Bad Joe »

WOW. what a difference..
So this time with your more turns in scen.3 - I get 148 instead of 150 in the beginning of the 4 turn - that means 7 recalls and one lvl.3 leader against comps infinite number of lvl.1 and At least 12 lvl2 and one lvl3. Why am I getting 17g per turn as bonus for sc.3 and not more? Ow, I know to have a lot of money in the hard sc.4..
Scenario 4 is the same as it was - I presume you change money for AI from 500 to 400. Am I right? Or maybe from 400 to 300??
YOur changes do not make anything at all...
I am done with this campaign for long time, I will try to play it in two months or more - I do not find it completed and tested enough to be fun right now.. Anyway keep fighting.. Good luck :lol:
Just bored..
Disto

Post by Disto »

I have not had enough time to personally test it as i have been busy and the amount of feedback from people like you have been abysmal, i'm going to take the lv.2 leader down to 180 gold rather than 400.

You can see which ones i tested and played and which ones i haven't.
Creator of the Marauders
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

What came first, the forum disto, or the Seed of Evil disto?
Sorry for the meaningless post
Disto

Post by Disto »

The Seed of Evil obviously! phh people nowadays. Btw I don't get what your asking. :lol:
Creator of the Marauders