New Campaign: A Seed of Evil

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Disto

Post by Disto »

I have no mention of thief+female in my campaign it's just i want to know whether he has it in his version, otherwise thats where it's going wrong. Anyone else have this problem?
Creator of A Seed of Evil
Creator of the Marauders
Food or Wesnoth? I'll have Wesnoth
tkilian

Post by tkilian »

yes, i had problems with the theives disappearing.

i'm on 9.1 on osX
Disto

Post by Disto »

Ok thanks, i'll search through and see if i can find a problem, and i'll ask scott if he knows, on my version it works fine though...
Creator of the Marauders
Rothrorn

Post by Rothrorn »

Hello

Me again. I managed to get past scenario 3, even with the invisible thieves, but I'm having real problems with scenario 5. My 'ally' attacks me in preference to the rebels. Is this a bug or is it supposed to happen?

Thnaks
Rothrorn the Wise
mpolo

Post by mpolo »

I just started playing through the campaign. A couple of comments:

1) In the current version, the blues start the game as enemies, so that my best strategy was to back down into a corner until the blues and the yellows had softened each other up, then came from behind, killing the leaders in the order King, big Orc, small Orc. This had the result that the "treason" dialogue happened after the king was dead.

2) I had the invisible thieves as well (Fedora Core).

3) I'm currently stuck on the shadow mage level -- the near infinite number of enemies is quite nasty. (I don't understand the dialogue 100% in that episode... Strangely, I can recruit shadow mages and thieves...). Any tips?
Disto

Post by Disto »

hmmm, I'll have a look, the lastest one i updated to the server the blues should be allies untill you kill the first boss, i have no idea about the invisible thieves, and i think i allowed you to recruit shadow mages and thieves after "Dispatched to the border", if you are running a older version it maybe that it hadn't had the gold turned down. I believe if you just survive all the lvls. up to scenario 6 with the enemy shadow lord etc. They slowly get worse and you always get 200 gold on the harder 1s, my tips were for scenario 4 and 5 was to recruit just spearman and use them to survive with as a buffer between your leader.

Most of the dialog is broken as i haven't had the time or the energy, it is mainly because there have been extra spaces say between the Enemy leaders names and that is no longer allowed, and please if someone has played all the way through at least the 1st 3 lvls. can you pm me with revisions of the story part at the start (the text). I plan to try and make my own story images, which i will then digitally butcher and hopefully make half decent.

If anyone has any decent ideas to follow the campaign through i will implement them. Like l'ultimo cruco did. As you probably have guessed i'm not a creative genius but i have done ok so far but any help is really excepted.

The treason dialog will be hopefully sorted out by the allies actually being allied for part of it. The only scenario which should work or does work on my comp is the first 1.
Creator of the Marauders
Disto

Post by Disto »

In scenario 5 it is probably broken like it was in scenario 1, i will fix it tomorrow when i shouldn't of gone to bed an hour ago. It's a bug.

Can i test you guys and put a copy of the female thiefs for you and get see if it is fixed.
Creator of the Marauders
scott

Post by scott »

An old thief.cfg file was included in the units directory. Delete that and it should fix the thief problem.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
Disto

Post by Disto »

I probably made it for a purpose at the time soooo.... it'd make sense for me just to fix it before i remove it and find out i did want it. Can you fix the cutscenes in scenario 6 scott, i can't figure out what is wrong.
Creator of the Marauders
Disto

Post by Disto »

All fixed and uploaded now. :D
Creator of the Marauders
grochti

Post by grochti »

A Seed of Evil seems to be broken. I just downloaded it (Wesnoth 0.9.2). And after installing i get the following error message:

unexpected #enddef at 24 /home/stephan/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil.cfg 25 data/game.cfg
Error loading game configuration files
error general: Error loading game configuration files: 'Missing closing tag fortag campaign at /home/stephan/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil.cfg:1 included from data/game.cfg:25 at data/utils.cfg:174 included from data/game.cfg:5 included from /home/stephan/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil.cfg:9 includedfrom data/game.cfg:25' (The game will now exit)

Everytime I try to start Wesnoth after installing your campaign it repeats this messages and quits:

Missing closing tag for tag campaign at /home/stephan/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil.cfg:1 included from data/game.cfg:25 at data/utils.cfg:174 included from data/game.cfg:5 included from /home/stephan/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil.cfg:9 included from data/game.cfg:25

Deleting your campaign from the data directory solves the issue, but its still an annoying bug
claus

Post by claus »

grochti wrote:A Seed of Evil seems to be broken. I just downloaded it (Wesnoth 0.9.2). And after installing i get the following error message:

unexpected #enddef at 24 /home/stephan/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil.cfg 25 data/game.cfg
Error loading game configuration files
error general: Error loading game configuration files: 'Missing closing tag fortag campaign at /home/stephan/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil.cfg:1 included from data/game.cfg:25 at data/utils.cfg:174 included from data/game.cfg:5 included from /home/stephan/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil.cfg:9 includedfrom data/game.cfg:25' (The game will now exit)
One problem is the following code in the main cfg file of the campaign (A_Seed_of_Evil.cfg):
#define USE_L3_OUTLAWS
#enddef
#ifdef USE_L3_OUTLAWS
{@campaigns/L3_Outlaws/}
#enddef

The second #enddef should be replaced with #endif.
The #enddef in
#ifdef CAMPAIGN_A_SEED_OF_EVIL
{@campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil/}
{@campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil/scenarios/}
{@campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil/images/}
{@campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil/maps/}
{@campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil/items/}
{@campaigns/A_Seed_of_Evil/units/}
#enddef
should be replaced with #endif too (this is in line 24 of the file A_Seed_of_Evil.cfg)
Disto

Post by Disto »

Thank you claus, i'll implement them now. I'll release sometime lol.
Creator of the Marauders
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

Will the campaign go into WesCamp-i18n or not? I didn't receive an answer to my last PM so I'm trying here. (In the additional hope of making it more widely known in general. :wink: )
Disto

Post by Disto »

Yes and no, as any wesnoth stuff hasn't been done recently, i'll get back to the marauders soon, promise. I want it too be done, but don't have time or energy to change it all to whatever you wanted.
Creator of the Marauders