Operation Flight of the Pelicans

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

nenau

Operation Flight of the Pelicans

Post by nenau »

Hello,

This UMC consists in a modern warfare campaign about a war in the country of Borduria. Many mechanisms of the game are inhabitual, like the progression between scenarii and for example a different healing system. An ingame help is present, and I hope it is explicit enough.

The story is the following: the country of Borduria falls into anarchy and threatens the stability of its neighbour and hereditary enemy, Syldavia. For that reason, the Syldavian government decide to military help the Bordurian government. But as Syldavia has lived in peace for 70 years, the ground troops consists only of three regiments of ceremonial royal guards. As an officer of the Royal Guard, the player wants to make his men survive the war, despite the obvious amateurism of his superiors.

The campaign is not finished, but the avaliable scenarii are perfectably playable.
BTIsaac

Re: Operation Flight of the Pelicans

Post by BTIsaac »

Inspired by the Calculus Affair I'm guessing?
nenau

Post by nenau »

Some cities and characters names are indeed references to the comics, but the story has nothing to see with the Calculus Affair. And I'd rather cite the King Ottokar's Sceptre as the story of the campaign is about the king's royal guard.
nenau

Post by nenau »

Hello,
The first update of this addon occured. It features a few minor bugfixes and mainly graphical stuff, with a set of custom modern warfare sprites.
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

duity > duty
Provisionnal > Provisional
choosed > chose
aera > area
happend > happen (or happened if in past tense)
deploy an unit > deploy a unit
buisy > busy
nenau

Post by nenau »

Thanks, this will be corrected in next release.
Heimdal1

Post by Heimdal1 »

Hi
Interesting stuff, a nice variation to the usual.
I played in the first scenario and fought successfully some battles, but when I equipped my next convoy and tried to engage, the window for the respective battle opened, but instead of having my transports shown, I was told I was defeated. No matter if it was an ambush, a warehouse or the "warehouse in the castle" or a town. It also didn't matter if I attacked or got attacked to enter the battle.
Is it a bug or did I overlook something?
Snarkus

Post by Snarkus »

This is generally a fun campaign so far - congratulations to the author/designer!

Some comments:
- The unit bleeding mechanism & stabilisation (not full heal) only by medics is interesting - shakes up the normal situation of rotating troops back to 100% health.
- Campaign is a bit easy though with no time pressure whatsoever from the opponents on the strategic map most of the time. Maybe you could add some small rebel groups that appear and threaten your minor cities, and income, periodically? To make you use small choppers of 12 men more often.