An Independence War: SP campaign for 1.18

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mateus_70

Re: An Independence War: SP campaign for 1.12/1.14

Post by mateus_70 »

Another thing happening is when the troop stationed in Goba were attacked by a troll troop, the map around them got fog, I simulated and sometimes it is possible to see troll's troops attacking the main goblin troop in Goba. I could not see all attacks, but at least one. I tried only one time with the troop in Capital, and it seems that occurs the same: the fog is turned on only on the hitted unit. (in the picture, only Goba got hitted and take fog).
Attachments
AIW-Field-Auto-Save49.gz
(679.44 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
fog-only-one-unit.png
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Thank you, again! :D
This bug is fixed in the new version 0.3.2b.
Discord: @tamanegi
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
A Group in a War: my first campaign, An Independence War: and the sequel
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Version 0.3.2c uploaded. :D

Fix: Thieves, Rogues, and Assassins (from AG) can't be set to rider on troop status menu (thanks, mateus_70!)
It is true that we cannot be free from bugs, but at least let our bugs not always the same...
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Defense! → Defend! (same for ‚A Group in a War‘)

Prologue
Spoiler:
Field (First time)
Spoiler:
Introdutions (Map)
Spoiler:
Introductions (Office)
Spoiler:
Office (First time)
Spoiler:
Field (First time)
Spoiler:
Maps
Spoiler:
Events
Spoiler:
Stuff
Spoiler:
Is defeating the kingdom or the Empire even realistic?

PS: Possibly more to follow. Might double post so it's actually readable.
Attachments
AIW-Field Turn 117.gz
For the ally flag thing and just to show how it is going.
(692.14 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Thank you for the comment. :D
But i don't have enough time to fix them now... Fixes may be applied only for 1.15/1.16 version.
Is defeating the kingdom or the Empire even realistic?
I guess it is still possible for easy/normal. But it might be impossible for hard...

Engineers unlocking event is rather intended so. I won't change that.

It will take some time to fix the other issues.
  • I know about divided by zero issues. Actually, some conditional blocks are already added in 1.15 version of AIW. But I cloudn't identify which part caused the problem...
  • "Back" button issue must be a new bug. I need to investigate it carefully.
  • For dwarves issue, I found that point in my old memo... I can't remember what I did about this issue...
  • Splitting the goblin side into two is ... terribly tedious. There may be other solutions.
  • Paperpushers functions are not carefully checked. I am very sure about this. :P I will check it.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Something that nicht make playing against the Empire and the Kingdom less insane: specific places can only recruit troops of that side has more than x gold. That way their frontline forts won't throw 2000 gold worth of enemies at me.

Why does asking the Merfolk for help occupy my emissary? It's not like he can reach them. I expected the Naga leader to go instead.

Troops are in general hesitant to attack when their enemy has good defense / is strong.

As it is you could defeat the Kingdom/Empire by sneaking companies behind the enemy lines to directly attack the capitals. 30+ Squads are bad at defending said capital while they are attacking my capital.

Why can't I set Empire/Kingdom (or specific towns) as enemy to be attacked by my allies?
On a side note, why are said allies not defending me at all? D:
The only way to make them be helpful was by setting them to attack someone on the other side of the map, so they'd accidentally clash with my enemies in the way. That's costly though, since you have to regularly ask them to go to war so they don't retreat in the middle of the fight.

(Btw I've won by uniting the local forces. Again.)
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Version 0.3.3 for BfW 1.15 was uploaded to the server.
Most of bugs reported by Konrad2 were fixed in this version. See CHANGES file for details.

Also, version 0.3.2x for BfW 1.14 was uploaded.
Only critical issues (such as ignored melee damages, too inactive AI) were fixed.
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Version 0.3.2y for BfW 1.14 was uploaded.
This version contains new pt_BR translation by mateus_70! ;)
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

While looking at the textdomains used by all the add-ons I have installed, I noticed that there's a typo here:

Code: Select all

An_Independence_War/utils/troops.cfg:#textdomain wesnoth-An_Indepndence_War
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Oh, thanks! :D 1.16 version was fixed.
(Fortunately or unfortunately, there are no translatable strings in that file. :P )
Pater-Brown

Re: An Independence War: SP campaign for 1.14/1.16

Post by Pater-Brown »

I don’t think it is intended, but I get the game end message, that I was defeated, after one of the heroes dies, for example Christopher. But nowhere I’ve read, that they have to survive. If it is so, could you please state it in the mission objectives, so I know, which people I have to ensure, that they survive?

All together I have less fun than with AG. I see, that the concept is successfully put on a larger scale, but the introduction into the game mechanics is not as fluent as with AG. Also there are some important mechanics like the fight calculation, that are just too difficult for me, therefore I feel urged to be very defensive.

As a side note, I had serious difficulties understanding how I ask Clammy and get help, if I’m not able to leave the ante chamber. Took me a while to understand that I’m the key. :lol:
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

First of all, Pater-Brown is correct. That losing the friends would result into a defeat is nowhere mentioned.

Other stuff
If an enemy side destroys the flag set up by a different enemy side, the fort goes back to the initial side. Not to the side that destroyed the flag, which is also an enemy.

division by zero: a lone rider leader of the goblins was attacked and killed by an orcish troop
divbyzero.png
divbyzero.png (30.8 KiB) Viewed 642 times

Spy
Please beware -> Please beware.

Gregory
really horrifying for us, -> really horrifying thing for us
have promoted -> have been promoted
Fusia do nothing -> Fusia does nothing
how do you think -> what do you think
uneasy from him -> uneasy about him
You maybe -> You may be
find the truth -> find out the truth
lier -> liar
an action to Fusia -> action against Fusia
it is the problem -> that's the problem
to us -> against us
take a care to the north region more -> be more careful regarding the north region
hang it -> hang him

Clammy
Miscellaneous
Gold of enemy/ally?
cosumed -> consumed

Andrzej's name in the game is 'Andrzej ' instead of 'Andrzej'.
Actually no. I was seeing this in the office, when adding/removing units to their platoon. And it's a bug all the squads/platoons/companies except the You Company share. It looks like you are trying to get the name of the leader and what kind of troop they lead, but instead of the kind of troop, it only returns nothing. Which is why it says 'name ' instead of 'name troop'.

I think it is very important to be able to choose the advancements of a unit which is part of a troop. Like, a Spearman that can advance up to lvl 3 advancing to a Javelineer is baaaaaad.
tamanegi

Post by tamanegi »

Version 0.4.0 is uploaded to 1.18 addon server.
Wild monsters sometimes spawn in the field.

> That losing the friends would result into a defeat is nowhere mentioned.

This was added in objectives. Thanks, Pater-Brown and Konrad2.
For other stuff (including typos), they are not yet fully addressed...

> I think it is very important to be able to choose the advancements of a unit which is part of a troop. Like, a Spearman that can advance up to lvl 3 advancing to a Javelineer is baaaaaad.

I can agree with that. I will try...

(edit Mar 24) version 0.4.1 uploaded. You can choose advancement of the unit. :D (Not a smart way, though...)
If you start a new game, this setting is enabled automatically.
For existing game, you may need to enable it in the "Settings" menu (right-click menu).

In addition, a bug was fixed: if the troop leader does not have ranged attack, that troop couldn't do ranged attacks, either.