Campaign: A Few Logs

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Cope

Campaign: A Few Logs

Post by Cope »

Hello,

I have posted a campaign at the official server named A Few Logs. It is an adventure about a young dwarf scout. It contains 8 scenarios. Only medium level is tested.
You are welcome to give feedback here.

/Cope
Jim Goodridge

Re: Campaign: A Few Logs

Post by Jim Goodridge »

So far an interesting campaign. I am stuck in "prison". Once I finish the game I will give feedback, if I ever get out of prison.

Best Regards
Jim
Cope

Post by Cope »

Thanks for the comments and Good luck to get out of the prison.

/Cope
spf

Post by spf »

Hello Cope,

I could not get out of the prison. I 've found the way to the small exit in the Northest, but no matter who I set to the exit, the end of mission is not triggered. What can I do or could You fix this behavoir?

Best regards
Sebastian
Cope

Post by Cope »

Hello,

How to get out of prison:
Spoiler:
Best regards,

Cope
spf

Post by spf »

Hey,

thank you for your fast response. I came to the part, where the goblin told the rest of the way. I think I went wrong. I expected that the exit is the unhidden way in the top left corner. know I will send the goblin on the right way to ind the hidden exit.

Thanks again,
Sebastian
Cope

Post by Cope »

Hello,

No trouble! Good luck in the escape of the prison.

/Cope
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

It would be nice if you warned the player they would start scenario 2 with their recalls... turns out two fighters, a thunderer and a pathfinder (the leader) are not strong enough for the scenario.
Cope

Post by Cope »

Hello Flameslash,

I am not sure what the problem is. The idea of the scenario is that you have to run rather than to fight. I guess it should be possible to beat the scenario with the group you are mentioning.

/Cope
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

I fled down the path to the south-east-east and had to sacrifice a dwarvern fighter to slow the orcs near the start. Then I was attacked by a wolf rider and had to fight it because it was faster than my dwarves. By the time I finished it two orc archers arrived, and I kept running, but a goblin keep was in the way, and I was surrounded by goblins and orcs and killed.
Cope

Post by Cope »

Hello again,

Well, I am still not sure what the problem is.

Do you want to know how to get through the level?
Spoiler:
Good luck!
Flameslash

Post by Flameslash »

Ok, I will try that route once I get to the computer I have this campaign on.
stillcen

Post by stillcen »

Just wanted to add a few things.

Just finished the prison episode. I missed what the goblin said as i clicked past the message, i did not worry about it till the apparent exit in the North North west was a no-walk-zone. I flailed around till the end of turns searching every were, then came here read the import of Mr Goblins message and pooff was out. It was my bad not catching the message, a suggestion: If Dwarf ignores Mr. Goblin and tries to get out the alley in the N.N.W. have Mr. Goblin give a nag like, Hey i said the exit was this way.

The episod where the orcs are chasing your party and the houses keep falling down, It is quite a challage to get all the dwarves through the water with orcs riding yer neither parts.

the epsiode between these two, i think. With the old haunted fortress(nice touch) and the elves; was a to easy. I would suggest giving the elves some more income so you have to fight through some elves in the forest to get to the queen bee, Or a ghost unit in the swamp

thanks for the scenario, i have quite liked it so far, I hope i will be able to recall my fellow escapes

stillcen
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

In my continuing side project, this has been ported to 1.11. I have updated the story/dialogue to be more coherent and have a consistent plot, altered a few maps for length/correct images, and fixed a few outstanding bugs.

There is a sequel "A Few More Logs" that Cope had written as well, but since it only has a passing tie to this campaign it's further down my to-do list.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Paulomat4
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Paulomat4 »

you might want to correct this on 1.11.x:
Attachments
Sans titre.jpg
Creator of Dawn of Thunder and Global Unitmarkers

"I thought Naga's used semi-automatic crossbows with incendiary thermite arrows . . . my beliefs that this race is awesome are now shattered." - Evil Earl