The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and later]

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Re: The Legend Begins [SP Campaign for Wesnoth 1.10 and late

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

gooby wrote:I should have wrote down other snafus I had in the course of this campaign but I'm just noticing now that In "Haunts of the Night" my allies behave foolishly and get themselves all killed—including Sadia—before I even have a chance of reaching the outskirts of the city. I am going to take them over but I thought I'd give you a heads up.

EDIT: In other news I've cleared the central isle of undead and have all heroes on it. I even checked the definition of AREA_GENESIS to make sure I had complied with the victory criteria down to every jot and tittle and still no dice. I give up. I just threw "conversation" and got out of there.
Which version of Wesnoth are you playing on? This scenario works fine on Wesnoth 1.10.7.

Most of the bugs reported are from the 1.11.x version of TLB. I'm going to play through the campaign on Wesnoth 1.11.6 myself but, not now. I have to code the final boss scenario and then make a release and afterwards, finish the campaign. Only about 4 (+6 cutscenes) scenarios left :D .
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
gooby

Post by gooby »

I noticed that I'm seeing "Chaos" units in "Vengeful Spirits". What happened to the "Dark" units?

EDIT: Never mind, I see that the "imperialists" and the "Chaos" legions are apparently similar but separate factions.

EDIT: At various points, you write "welder" when "wielder" is meant. This is a welder lol:

EDIT: "New Strategies" craps out with an error like this one, except for side 2:

http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?t=38043

EDIT: I fudged the savefile so that this mysterious problem would be solved but how exactly do I evacuate the Elvish citizens?

EDIT: Never mind.
elder

Post by elder »

Hello

Fine campaign. I just wanted to signal a bug which prevented a correct upgrade of Furnace Beast to Lava Giant and prevented me to advance far in the game. As I eventually found the solution, I give a precise description in order to facilitate googling.

After the upgrade, you have an invisible unit level 0.

The error message, when starting from the console (in Linux, of course), is:
error config: Invalid alignment found for Lava Giant: ''

After some explorations into the add-ons War_of_Legends and The_Legend_Begins, I found the cause (which had nothing to do with alignment, of course) and corrected the file GLE_UNIT_SET.cfg, which contains the associations between the old and the new types used in the campaign.

This file is in : The_Legend_Begins/units/dwarves.
The only thing to do is to replace the second occurrence of Lava Giant by Lava Beast in :

Code: Select all

[unit_type]
    [base_unit]
         id="Lava Giant"
    [/base_unit]
    id="Lava Giant" 
    hide_help=yes
    do_not_list=yes
[/unit_type]
I can begin again now !
PS. The file GLE_UNIT_SET.cfg should be, IMHO, located higher in the add-on.

EDIT : this is probably the same issue (with a different behavior) that was mentioned by Armybone (post Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:12 pm) and alluded to by sreesreearul (post Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:45 pm), marecki, HanFangAn, gooby and drakilian (later posts).

EDIT : Played with 1.10.6
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

I noticed that I'm seeing "Chaos" units in "Vengeful Spirits". What happened to the "Dark" units?

EDIT: Never mind, I see that the "imperialists" and the "Chaos" legions are apparently similar but separate factions.

EDIT: At various points, you write "welder" when "wielder" is meant. This is a welder lol:
There is a map file for the continent of Arkenova in ~add-ons/The_Legend_Begins/extras/. Open that. I have decisively divided the Chaos Empire to 2 factions. One is the Dark Legion and the other is the Dark Legion or Imperialists (I have thoughts of changing the 'Dark' Suffix with 'Legion' since there are some issues with EoC).

One faction (Imperialists) resides to the far west of Arkenova and the other resides (Chaos) have dominance on a large island.

And about the spelling mistake, I shall fix that.
EDIT: "New Strategies" craps out with an error like this one, except for side 2:

viewtopic.php?t=38043
Please upload your save file. I shall have a look at it.
EDIT: I fudged the savefile so that this mysterious problem would be solved but how exactly do I evacuate the Elvish citizens?
The civilians need to moved to a signpost/go-here icon that is located at the far east of the map, inside the tunnel.
Hello

Fine campaign. I just wanted to signal a bug which prevented a correct upgrade of Furnace Beast to Lava Giant and prevented me to advance far in the game. As I eventually found the solution, I give a precise description in order to facilitate googling.

After the upgrade, you have an invisible unit level 0.

The error message, when starting from the console (in Linux, of course), is:
error config: Invalid alignment found for Lava Giant: ''

After some explorations into the add-ons War_of_Legends and The_Legend_Begins, I found the cause (which had nothing to do with alignment, of course) and corrected the file GLE_UNIT_SET.cfg, which contains the associations between the old and the new types used in the campaign.

This file is in : The_Legend_Begins/units/dwarves.
The only thing to do is to replace the second occurrence of Lava Giant by Lava Beast in :
Thank you for your feedback and bug reporting. I fixed this bug a long time ago but I am not uploading a fix due to the fact that the final boss scenario is being coded.

BTW, if anybody wants to try out the unreleased scenario(s), they can do that via Git, since my campaign's repository is there. I greatly appreciate feedback on Vampire Metropolis.
Hoghweed

Add-on campaign "the legend begin" bug

Post by Hoghweed »

Hello!
I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this problem. I tried to post in the field of the add-on's but i didn't find the button to do it! I have a problem with the campaign called "the legend begins" that is the sequel of "the invincible wall" and "genesis".
When the elemental unit of the fire advances from the second level to the next one it becomes something without a sprite imagine called "Varies" with only 1 point of health!
All the elemental in that campaign do not report the specific name for the tipe of unit and when I go to the description only the second level sprite is visible but not even the name of the faction of untis (i.e. the elementals) is shown.
Thanks a lot to whoever would help me!
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Hi Hoghweed!

I have moved your question to the proper thread. There should be a post reply button at the top and bottom of each topic where you can respond to existing topics to ask your questions.

Good luck with getting an answer!
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Hoghweed

Post by Hoghweed »

Hello!
I like this campaign but i've found a problem with the advancement of the fire units of second level, instead of become one of the big fire unit that I saw in the achademy (scenario of the Genesis campaign) it dissappear leaving an empty space called "varies" and with only one health point!
Please help me resolving this bug! Thank you!
Hoghweed

Post by Hoghweed »

Turuk wrote:Hi Hoghweed!

I have moved your question to the proper thread. There should be a post reply button at the top and bottom of each topic where you can respond to existing topics to ask your questions.

Good luck with getting an answer!
Thanks a lot! That's very kind of you!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Hoghweed wrote:Hello!
I like this campaign but i've found a problem with the advancement of the fire units of second level, instead of become one of the big fire unit that I saw in the achademy (scenario of the Genesis campaign) it dissappear leaving an empty space called "varies" and with only one health point!
Hello, there :D !

I have checked the advancement paths for the aforementioned units and they seem to be working fine, on both 1.11 and 1.10 versions, but you seem to have pointed out two more bugs unknowingly. One of them is that the Chaos Marksman and Sharpshooter units don't work and the other is that Jahin's images do not load in the game. I shall look at the latter some time later, but I have fixed the former.
Hoghweed

Post by Hoghweed »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:
Hoghweed wrote:Hello!
Hello, there :D !

I have checked the advancement paths for the aforementioned units and they seem to be working fine, on both 1.11 and 1.10 versions, but you seem to have pointed out two more bugs unknowingly. One of them is that the Chaos Marksman and Sharpshooter units don't work and the other is that Jahin's images do not load in the game. I shall look at the latter some time later, but I have fixed the former.
Hello! Here I am again.
I've just overcome the previous bug by updating the version of the campaign. But now I've found another bug in the scenario of the "Cursed Emperor". When the emperor should start with the first move there comes out an error, I write down everything that appears:
Microsoft visual c++ runtime library
assertion failed!
Program:....rogrammi\Battle for Wesnoth 1.10.6\wesnoth.exe
File: D:\Boost_1_46_1/boost/smart_ptr/shared_ptr.hpp
Line: 412
Expression: px!=0
For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see Visual c++ documentation on asserts
(press retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

And when I press "retry" appears that message in italian:
The Battle for Wesnoth - 1.10.6: wesnoth.exe - Errore di applicazione
Si è verificato l'errore di exception unknown softwareexception (0x8000003) nell'applicazione alla posizione 0x77c05b61
Fare click su OK per terminare l'applicazione
fare click su Annulla per eseguire il debug dell'applicazione

But when I press Annulla nothing happened and the game was terminated. What can I do?
Thanks for your kind attention!
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator

Hoghweed wrote: Hello! Here I am again.
I've just overcome the previous bug by updating the version of the campaign. But now I've found another bug in the scenario of the "Cursed Emperor". When the emperor should start with the first move there comes out an error, I write down everything that appears:
assertion failed!
For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see Visual c++ documentation on asserts

Si è verificato l'errore di exception unknown softwareexception (0x8000003) nell'applicazione alla posizione 0x77c05b61

But when I press Annulla nothing happened and the game was terminated. What can I do?
If you could upload your start-of-scenario save file here, I may be able to help you.
raoni

Post by raoni »

Is 1.11.6 an too old version to play? (not just this but any campaing)
Hoghweed

Post by Hoghweed »

Lord-Knightmare wrote:
Hoghweed wrote: Hello! Here I am again.
assertion failed!

If you could upload your start-of-scenario save file here, I may be able to help you.
Excuse me, but I don't know how to upload files here. I've just written all the informations above because I didn't find a way to copy or upload the stamp of the screen imagine I had. What should I do exactly?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

When you go to post a reply, there is an upload attachment box where you can choose the save and attach it to your post. The saves for your game are located in your userdata folder, whose location is dependent on your operating system and is outlined in the wiki.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
chip56

Post by chip56 »

I have the same error message in "cursed emperor".
Attachments
TLB-1-The_Cursed_Emperor-Autospeichern1.gz
(58.33 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
TLB-1-The_Cursed_Emperor.gz
(25.69 KiB) Downloaded 146 times