Strange Legacy - 1.16 RPG World (Markets Upgrade)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.09 RPG World - finished

Post by Heindal »

I've just uploaded the new version 1.093 of Strange Legacy.

It contains all the bugfixes mentioned before and the torch is now no longer increasing the attack damage. Unfortunately I don't have much time and just could finish testing this smaller update. So there is additional story content in this one.

The infinite dungeons have been upgraded with several new monsters: such as mummies, snakes and flies (funmonster ^^), scattered images and 3 more places of interest (merccamp, traders, trainer). There are some more maps for shipencounters. Crafting has a new concept, which should be more challenging and harder to level up.

Spellcasting will now reduce the attacks left to zero. There are however attackpotions that restore attacks and movementpotions that restore movement. That way you can increase your damageoutpout per turn. The new skill dash (requires 5 speed and 5 constitution to unlock) will allow you to exchange exhaustment into movement points. Also the Recovery skill will now work with exhaustment, instead of mana.

I've noticed that the enemyspellcasting seems a little bit broken: the chance for enemies to cast spells is very high and lesser summoning seems to be broken.
Got to look into that when I have more time. Remember to take out the enemy leader, which is the spellcaster of the enemies.
The future belongs to those, who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
Developer of: Trapped, Five Fates, Strange Legacy, Epical, UR Epic Era
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

some more bugs...
Spoiler:
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Unfortunately I've tested all towns before uploading, as there was already a reported bug.
But I did not found anything and could upgrade, as well as collect taxes in each town!

It worked perfectly. Which version of wesnoth and which version of strange legacy do you use?

Every town uses the same macro, just the name changes. So if one town works, all others towns should work as well.
It could be that these towns have been reconquered by the orcs? This happens from time to time.
Dungeonmasters of Wesnoth, Wild Peasants vs Devouring Corpses, Dwarf Dwarfson Dwarvenminer
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

Heindal wrote:Unfortunately I've tested all towns before uploading, as there was already a reported bug.
But I did not found anything and could upgrade, as well as collect taxes in each town!

It worked perfectly. Which version of wesnoth and which version of strange legacy do you use?

Every town uses the same macro, just the name changes. So if one town works, all others towns should work as well.
It could be that these towns have been reconquered by the orcs? This happens from time to time.
Wesnoth version 1.11.15 , Strange Legacy version 1.93.0 ..

they haven't been reconquered as I'm still able to enter them and see all the stats.. if they were reconquered I'd have to re-fight to get them back right?

Fixed : freemovement line 70 said TaxesTschta instead of TaxesBargTschta , works when that's changed. line 84 had TaxesperturnrOrcfarm instead of TaxesperturnOrcfarm , also works when changed.
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

thanks i will fix this.
osaridsaris

Post by osaridsaris »

I don't think this is technically a bug but it IS kind of funny... the randomly generated dungeon in the attached save file basically features a single walk-in closet and no exit :)
Attachments
TRADER-Infinite_Dungeon_funnyDungeon.gz
(2.73 MiB) Downloaded 142 times
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

This can happen, for example the exit can be in a gap hidden behind walls or the entrance can be locked. If you like you can buy so called "Clairvyoance Scrolls" which clear the shroud to review any dungeon. But it is an random dungeon after all, so I thought it would be funny.

I already have an idea how to "fix" this, by allowing the players to destroy walls using picks and bombs and kind a of wisp / magical compass which allows to detect important places within the dungeon.

Talking about funny things: the rabbits and the flies are for example just fun monsters. Funny is that you can be paid for defeating a monsternest with just Flies.
rogo

Post by rogo »

Hi Heindal,

first of all: Great work! And this is an understatement! This rpg-campaign is absolutely outstanding! :-)

Since it's a very complex piece of software, it contains bugs and I managed to find the following:

- there is a bug in a last breath event: the randomreward is not added to the bounty (intentionally?)
- there is a bug in the macro "ENEMYTOWNORC NAME X Y DEXTERITY STRENGTH TAXES"; the variable "Townname" has to be set to "{NAME}" at the beginning of the macro, otherwise the Townname gets only set when conquering a town.
- there is a bug with the tax variable of the town Barg Tschta. The variable is differently named than expected in the macro ENEMYTOWNORC.
- the post_advance event, which does the heroes levelups, is missing in infinitedungeon.cfg

So, this covers all I stumbled over so far. :-)

So long, rogo
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thanks rogo for the flowers and the bugreports. I've already fixed them (the bugs not the flowers). I'm currently creating new content, storymissions and I#m trying to make the code leaner more performant. This comes with a lot of testing, so it will take me a while to update Strange Legacy.

However I've already finished the development of the whisp, which will be some kind of pet with own levels, that appears in dungeons and can help the hero, by granting locations of important places, provide healing, destroy walls and even redicing the dungeon. You will also be able to destroy walls with picks and bombs. The new storycontent will force you to prevail vs the new enemies (such as deathblades and medusa), explore the infinite dungeons and do finish some difficult quests.

Therefore you will be able to recall Scarface, Bullseye and "Swampy" as some kind of reeinforcement (like mercs). There will also be new spells such as a "flyswarm", entrap a single unit in bushes and to extremly change the surrounded terrains.

There will be smaller changes:

- charisma and level is added to the stats of summoned monsters, making summoning spells a little bit better
- intelligence might cause extra spell damage (but I'm not quite sure if I'm really going to this)
- there will be fighting skills that require exhaustion instead of mana
- professional skills will become infinite but hard to skill in high levels
Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.10 RPG World - finished

Post by Heindal »

Updated to 1.10:

This is a big update (one could say like an addon for a normal game) with a lot if new content, such as new story missions, new game elements as well as bugfixes.

- repaired: several bugfixes (last reported see bugfixes) as well as textchanges/corrections
- improved cutscences and music
- overlay for hero unit (equipped armors,weapons will show - thanks dugi for the better approach)
- around 10 additional storymissions with really hard quests
- added consumables: full mana potion, stamina potion, greaterwarhorn, scythe of death
- added ability to destroy walls with the pick and bombs
- added wisp that can have 11 levels and unlocks up to 10 different wisp spells in infinite and random dungeons
- new spells added: Stonebridge, Gap, Earthshaker, Swampcreation, Entrap, Flyswarm,
- new abilities added (require exhaustment/stamina instead of mana): smash, rangedshot, wound, whirlwind, cripple, netattack
- these skills can be learned in Capital City, the Cityguard in the Trader District - netattacks are available as soon as you equip a net
- hire scarface, swampwith and bullseye as heromercs and upgrade them with a unique amla path

Have fun.
Heindal

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.101 RPG World - finished

Post by Heindal »

Hey guys,

I've used the last days after the update to do some hardcore testing Strange Legacy and its new options. I've realized some problems with the gameplay and I wanted to make some changes in balancing and than take a little rest from the Project.

So here is annother update (1.101) with some decent changes and bugfixes.

balance changes:

- the melee and ranged skill now use up 3, 6 and 9 stamina instead of all stamina.
- the dynamic market is still dynamic but the prices don't change so dramatically as they did before
- also buy and sellprices will never sink under a defined minimum, which should make trading a little bit more comfortable
- the defense increase has been reduced, its still there but just changes every 10th level of the hero.
- the number of encountered enemies is no longer increased by the Level, because this ended up in endless battles
- encounters in the mainland now offer different options, such as becalming animals or negotiate with the attackers

bugfixes:

- whirlwind and cripple skill had the same description in the store - fixed
- the circus now sells rare spells, as it was intended
- Barskin will no longer appear twice
- throwaway also contains bread
- goods are reset to 0 after boxtransportmissions
- bowweapons will no longer show a stone frame as well
- randomconsumable racks no longer overwrite the existing numbers of consumables with yes instead give that consumables :doh:
- the sewer contains an addtional exit now
- missing pictures embedded (apprentic cloak, claws, slicer attacks, icegood)
- unit problem in Harbour City solved
- rewards of avoidoptions now show the correct number
- textcorrections, when I saw them
- tradeoptions for weapons in Wintercity added

Finally thanks for over 10.000 downloads, this is one of the reason I recently put so much afford into the Project.
I hope that this update will be fun and gets back the balance into the game.

The fights are still challenging, but beatable and have never been annoying. Trading became stronger and should allow you to get more cash (hopefully 10 Millions ;)).

Here however strategies and hints e.g. how to defeat even the strongest enemies and finishing story quests:
Spoiler:
So far

Heindal
caoraivoso3

Re: Strange Legacy - 1.100 RPG World - finished

Post by caoraivoso3 »

it gives me this error i donwload both the resourses and the campaign, first campaign then resourses.

Preprocessor symbol 'TRADINGOPTION' expects 4 arguments, but has 3 arguments
at ~add-ons/Trader/scenarios/North.cfg:1186
included from ~add-ons/Trader/_main.cfg:240

i am on 1.11.15
Heindal

Post by Heindal »

Thank you caoraivoso3 for the bugreport. I've just finished the bugfix. I've attached the North.cfg, which was corrupted. Just in case if you don't want to download the entire campaign again.

(You'll have to overwrite the file North.cfg in: Battle for Wesnoth version\userdata\data\add-ons\Trader\Scenarios )

This is really "strange", after all I've tested the new update in both versions 1.10.7 and 1.11.13 before uploading.
Today I've started the addon again and received the same bugerror.

I've sometimes had the feeling, that I've kind of repaired the same bugs over and over again. Maybe some of the other addon designers have similar experience.
Can anybody explain that? Was the addon still cached and I've tested the wrong version? Is it dangerous to work on bugs directly in the sourcecode, when the game is still open?
Attachments
North.cfg
Here is the North.cfg which was corrupted. If you don't want to download the entire campaign again.
(97.52 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

downloaded it again and it works thanks
caoraivoso3

Post by caoraivoso3 »

hey how i can get weapons for my charather, i want to kick some ass