Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Legend of the Invincibles

Post by Konrad2 »

i dont mean a bug, imean when you attack a unit it shows how much damage will be dealt by both, and when i disable randomness, it shows the normal damage and then i have to calculate in my head (the enemy has 40% defense...that means the damage dealt is to divide with 10 and then multiplied by 6...i have defense of 60%...that means his damage divided with 10 and multiplied by 4 ...and then i know how much damage will be dealt by each unit)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Well, you have to calculate something approximately also without it, you're just more used to it. It is rather a problem of the conception. Anyway, I am not using it, I like the randomness, just a lot of people wanted something like this (no randomness, but terrain defence taken into consideration somehow), and nobody thought it to be doable, judging from the posts, so I just did it because I know how to do it.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

so you did it just because you were able to do it? xD
and no, you dont have to calculate normally, if you want to know the chances to hit and getting hit, you can use the damage calculations
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I did it because I could :twisted:
You can use the damage calculations too, the most probable option is the closest to the result with the no randomness mod. I don't use the damage calculations myself, I just use my head.

Now back to topic.
t3st3r

Yet another bug found

Post by t3st3r »

On "bloodbath" (12_Bloodbath.cfg) scenario of chapter 4 I've got TWO Teh Ehro (Stormrider) characters on map. One is proper version from previous campaigns, including all items, etc. It's marked with silver crown. Another one is some new/default version and is marked as leader (gold crown).

Screenshot and savegame attached.
Attachments
Screenshot
Screenshot
LotI1-Bloodbath_Turn_1-two_teh_ehro.gz
Savegame with 2 Teh Ehro characters
(508.43 KiB) Downloaded 147 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Seems I've made an error at checking if he is available or not, and created a replacement for him even if he was there.

When posting saves, can you please post save files from a time before it happened with an information how to replicate it? The consequence does not always explain the cause sufficiently. In this case, it would be the save file from before autosave-1 (only with the scenario name .gz in name).
t3st3r

Post by t3st3r »

Here it goes...

And I did nothing special to cause it - just launched scenario and selected to control undead army myself.
Attachments
LotI1-Bloodbath.gz
(246.77 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Well, I was speaking generally, in this case, there is nothing special to do. Thanks for the save file.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

@dugi
just wanted to thank you for making the scenario "The first Blow" because it just feels awesome to be overpowered for once and lead a cool zobie apocalypse :)
jeffgreen

Post by jeffgreen »

Greater Healing Potion description - This unit is completely restored, including statuses, moves and attacks.

Attacks aren't restored. (But I don't think it's restricted to LOTI and I'm not sure were else to mention it)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

That can be fixed. I thought attacks were restored, but I must have made a mistake somewhere.
Aevyn

Post by Aevyn »

I really intended to post more in this thread, but had to buy a new computer. I had compiled an extensive list of bugs I found and seeing as how that list (and the saves) were on the other computer, it looks like I have to start over :oops:

Here's the stuff I remember, though it's nothing compared to the list I had originally created. Bear with me.
  • Elder Mage can't teleport though it says in the description that they can
  • Elder Mage's female attacking animation isn't shown. Whenever the unit attacks, it just disappears for a quick second.
  • Efraim's fireball animation in LotI Part 2 was strange. Usually when fireball successfully hits the other unit, a certain animation is displayed and when it misses there's a separate animation for that. However, when Efraim uses the spell, sometimes the "spell missed" animation is displayed even though it actually does hit the opponent..... and vice versa. I realize this is a horrible explanation so if you don't understand, I can elaborate.
  • Warlock units have a typo in the description. When you hover your cursor over unit's trait, I recall it saying something about other units losing 20% damage "because of lack of clothing"...... While that makes sense in my own personal perverted logic, it differs from the actual unit description that states it's because of bad manners or something similar. (EDIT: Or maybe it wasn't hovering over antisocial, but I remember hovering over something and it said that :oops: )
  • In the scenario "Who am I" (which I believe is the second scenario in the "Into the Light" campaign) when Lethalia finds her armor, both she and Efraim's xp are reset and the xp required to level up is increased (as if they just leveled up) yet there was no prompt to choose a new advancement.
I realize that everything I'm typing here may not be very helpful. I'm starting the campaigns over from the beginning in order to compile a new list that's more thorough.
Last edited by Aevyn on June 9th, 2013, 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I realize that everything I'm typing here may not be very helpful.
Not at all. All of these are bugs that weren't reported yet, and therefore are pretty helpful. I will have a look at them. Thanks for feedback.

EDIT: I have replied to it a few posts later.
I wrote:
Aevyn wrote:Here's the stuff I remember, though it's nothing compared to the list I had originally created. Bear with me.
Losing data from a computer must be a great annoyance. You can't recover the data somehow? I always hoped that if it happens to me, I'll be able to recover the data from the disk.

Anyway, I checked all of the bugs. Elder mage had the teleport ability previously, but I had removed it. And forgotten to remove it from the description. Fixed also the female animation problem. The problem with Efraim's fireball animation was uncertain, but I had a theory and tried to fix it. The strangeness if Warlock's description was not in the description of the ability, but in the description of the female warlock. Maybe I thought it was funny back then. The problem in 'Who am I' was related to a version incompatibility, that is only temporary.
Last edited by Dugi on June 10th, 2013, 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

a thing to add: i think at beginning of "The first Blow" the orcs should at least react on a huge army of undead appearing
i mean i appear with an army of 60 undead (other people may have more) out of the literally nothing and they seem to take this as given and normal instead of shouting something like: "Oh god! from where come those undead? We have to fight for our lives! Attack!" or something like that
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Good idea, thanks.
Done, will be in the next version.
Last edited by Dugi on June 10th, 2013, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.