Legend of the Invincibles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Which of these units you find worth advancing and gearing heavily? Unpopular ones will be reworked.

Prophet
21%
Reaper
12%
Scythemaster
8%
Shadowalker
7%
Shadow Prince
8%
Siege Troll
5%
Sky Goblin
2%
Snow Hunter
8%
Soul Shooter
2%
Swordmaster
11%
Troll Boulderlobber
1%
Warlock
10%
Werewolf Rider
2%
Zombie Rider
3%

Total votes: 244

Dugi

Re: Legend of the Invincibles (chapter 9 is out)

Post by Dugi »

jeffgreen wrote:edit found it on the main server but not as an update add-on only as a new campaign.
Maybe it is somehow related to the testing version, but I have never encountered a problem like this.
jeffgreen wrote:The chapter 6 dialogue works for me just the way it is. However for some it obviously doesn't - perhaps if more is made of Glubs curse and Lethelia suggests the preserved litch as a way of breaking the curse - but I'm grasping at straws - creativity isn't one of my strong points.
I'll think of it. I am preparing to alter some chapter 1 dialogues.
edwardspec wrote:My units appeared in a sealed chamber with no visible way out.
Load the last save file from the previous scenario, and try another way. I will fix it. From which scenario did you come there?
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Dugi wrote:From which scenario did you come there?
I'm sorry, I forgot to record it. :(
Evropi

Post by Evropi »

Got it! The error is:

Code: Select all

<Invalid WML> Descriptions should no longer include the name as the first line (2)
It came up after a unit levelled up automatically - i.e. it required no input from me as there was only one direction in which to level up. This unit was carrying no items.

Sorry for my terrible bug reports so far, but this is it. Hope it helps!

----

EDIT 1: crap. It just happened to another unit, an Elvish Archer at level 1 upon selecting it. It had no items whatsoever.

It is worth noting both units were recalled, as this was necessary on the specific scenario (recruiting not allowed)... but I don't think that affected their properties a great deal.

EDIT 2: Hmm, I just loaded it (as alt-tabbing doesn't work under Linux in this version, sure hope this is fixed) and the error no longer comes up. Sigh. This is just impossible to troubleshoot, methinks.

EDIT 3: Alright, confirmed, it only happens when you select a unit by clicking on it. Beyond that, I can't tell what's causing this error message to appear.
I am the maintainer of Temples of the nagas, the greatest 4-player co-op survival scenario in the universe!
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

@edwardspec It was either Temple of Ultimate Evil or Catacombs of Prolonged Agony. Correct me if I am wrong.

@Evropi I have searched through wesnoth's source code to find out that this is to warn about a change in the way the descriptions of abilities and weapons specials are written, in 1.11.2 it does not want it to start by the name of the ability (like in 1.10 and before), because it will be added automatically. Getting through this will take me some time, because there a lot of specific abilities in LotI and giving in different descriptions in for versions 1.10 and 1.11.2 need a lot of manual work (making a script to do it would probably take longer). Please check how abilities are displayed. I have checked where this function is called, and it is never called when WML is executed, just sometimes when the abilities are viewed, so it should not do any real harm. I will fix it (alternatively, you can edit your source code file src/help.cpp commenting the line that contained the error message you mentioned, and compile it again, if you want it quickly).
t3st3r

Post by t3st3r »

Dugi wrote: 1. Damn, I forgot to make it load its files. Fixed, uploaded immediately.
Damn. I already started playing with new army :).
2. Efraim should get exp in the second turn. He did it on my computer and also somebody else reported it. Strange. Which version of wesnoth were you using?
Hmm, maybe it has been on 2nd turn and I confused it with some fights as there were some daemons in start location and I had to dispatch them, using Efraim for sure. The problem here is that if I select "both" I would expect both leaders leveled upon selection of this option. Only Lethalia leveling makes it looking like if something goes wrong. And I used very same BfW 1.10.4 everywhere.
3. You were told about it. I have reformulated it to make it more visible.
I guess there was so much text that I missed it somewhere. Shame on me, doh :(. Though since it's critical (daemons and other stuff are not really manageable for non-god units without equipment) I could suggest to mark it with color or so.
4. Because you're using wesnoth 1.10.4. Wesnoth 1.10.3 and wesnoth 1.10.4 have a serious bug in the interpretation of one WML tag. It will work well on 1.10.5, 1.10.6 and 1.11. I was reported errors of this kind repeatedly and I was not able to replicate them on 1.10.5 and higher (even if I used the save file created just before it).
Aww, so it's BfW bug. Unfortunately it's in Ubuntu 12.10 repos by default. So updating it should fix things? Let's try.
Thanks for feedback.
Thanks for campaign! :mrgreen:
edwardspec

Post by edwardspec »

Dugi wrote:@edwardspec It was either Temple of Ultimate Evil
That one.
4b4b4b

Post by 4b4b4b »

Dugi,

Thanks for the help before, I did play until the last turn then use "cl" to get to next scenario and it kept my efraim and family,
but same problem with the virtra line and i had to play until the last turn and the "cl" and it is like playing two lines
but now im at finally together and i only have my 3 heros intact and i cant see virtra at all, what could i do? :(
jeffgreen

Post by jeffgreen »

On entering the Tunnels of Cruelty, the auto recall only recalls 19 not 20 (I've not tried anywhere else)
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

t3st3r wrote:Hmm, maybe it has been on 2nd turn and I confused it with some fights as there were some daemons in start location and I had to dispatch them, using Efraim for sure. The problem here is that if I select "both" I would expect both leaders leveled upon selection of this option. Only Lethalia leveling makes it looking like if something goes wrong. And I used very same BfW 1.10.4 everywhere.
The thing you could get increased at the beginning was the level of redeem (in the case if your redeem might not be strong enough to be able to redeem the enemies there). The advancements are added when you're starting with that chapter, and these things are not related. I wonder what would you say if I replaced the premade choices you get if you start a later chapter by free choices like this.
t3st3r wrote:I guess there was so much text that I missed it somewhere. Shame on me, doh . Though since it's critical (daemons and other stuff are not really manageable for non-god units without equipment) I could suggest to mark it with color or so.
Making it written in bold.
edwardspec wrote:That one.
Thanks.

@4b4b4b
Your problem is somewhat unique, you could not avoid it, I could not replicate it and nobody else encountered it. So I am giving up looking for a fix and I suggest you to simply play the two scenarios without her until the children leave you because of the situation.

@jeffgreen
That is weird, it should recall the same number of units everywhere, because the code is the same. I think that I just made it recall 19 units instead of 20 accidentally.
Edit: Yeah, the code recalls 19 units instead of 20.
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

4b4b4b,

I had it too, I when I was cheating, then I replayed chapter 8 and it didn't happen again
Silux

Post by Silux »

Chapter 6 feedback(the Awakening)
Why i awoke?
Lethalia's new old body is really weak compared to the one i got used in ch5, but well one can't keep growing like her for infinitum^^
Exp and difficulty is tuned really well, altough in easy she is no match for undeads.
ReGearing the heroes was really much needed as i had a pretty casual equipment before.Now i'm geared in order to keep weaknesses as low as possible.
Lethalia and Efraim's break out was a big surprise to me, even if i had a feeling that they couldn't go on with Lethalia's increasing anger.
Fighting her wasn't much a problem as she stayed most of the time in her castle.Anyway "killing" her was quite hard.
Now i understand how it's scary to have a preserved lich as opponent.In chapter 5 they could have fought effectively with or without army...

The Phoenix was a good trial and it gave really good exp in the frozen land, but was a nightmare on the Pyro's world.I'd have liked to see some fire elemental in the fire world, just to set the mood:)

Redeem mechanic is great as it levels up, but it's really frustrating when misses, as it feels you have just wasted a really powerful attack.It adds pressure also to know that you won't be able to use it as you wish, and it's the only way to add new advancements.
I'd rather have a sure hit chance against lvl{X} units with redeem (X), 50% against lvl X+1 and flat 25% against lvl X+2 and further units.
I'm also puzzled about how the soul is counted and how many souls i need to advance.I hope absorbing a lvl3 counts more than absorbing a lvl1.

Last level and Lethalia Re-Re-Awakening was a good moment, even if i thought, as a Final Fantasy player, that phoenix pinion would kill an undead, instead of resurrecting him:D
Jeffers0n

Post by Jeffers0n »

In chapter 8, scenario Finally together, the objective is "Reach the cave in the southeastern corner of the map"
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

Silux wrote:Why i awoke?
The sleep wasn't supposed to be permanent, just temporary, bound to spontaneously end. Their energy was slowly recuperating, and after millennia, it got strong enough. And Efraim awoke because of Lethalia's proximity.
Silux wrote:I'd have liked to see some fire elemental in the fire world, just to set the mood:)
Why not? I might add some.
Silux wrote:Redeem mechanic is great as it levels up, but it's really frustrating when misses, as it feels you have just wasted a really powerful attack.
On higher levels, its chance to hit will increase. But because it already has a chance to fail on enemies whose level is too high, I might make it always hit.
Silux wrote:I'm also puzzled about how the soul is counted and how many souls i need to advance.I hope absorbing a lvl3 counts more than absorbing a lvl1.
All units add the same amount. Level 1 units are easy to absorb, but they can be killed with ease otherwise, high levels are more useful to redeem when trying to beat an army, but it can fail if your redeem is not strong enough.
Silux wrote:Last level and Lethalia Re-Re-Awakening was a good moment, even if i thought, as a Final Fantasy player, that phoenix pinion would kill an undead, instead of resurrecting him:D
I never played it, and with this part, I was inspired only by one song.

I have read the rest, just had nothing to reply except the classical yeah, yeah, as intended, thanks, yeah, etc.
jeffers0n wrote:In chapter 8, scenario Finally together, the objective is "Reach the cave in the southeastern corner of the map"
Whoops, I will fix it. It will be 'defeat all enemy leaders'.
4b4b4b

Post by 4b4b4b »

Thanks for your advice.. I did hack through the jungle and the gates of hell...but it wouldn't connect to chapter 9, it was error: unknown scenario: transporting facilities
:(

edit: debug and "cl" did the trick :D

never had the chance to say..great campaign..it kinda makes me never want to play other wesnoth campaign anymore tho because the units are too weak XD
4b4b4b

Post by 4b4b4b »

I leveled up my "evil" lethelia after finding her in the cruelty tunnel .. i was able to choose the advancement but the effect wont occur? Like i chose better with sword but it didnt get any better with sword...not did it imcrease hp

when i click item and unit information, it says "oops, its only temporary or something went wrong"

also, i think there might be some problem with advancing in chapter 9, i finally leveled up lethelia after 4000xp and chose dazzling enemy with entropy, well..enemies didnt get dazzled..same happened with efraim when i chose regenerate 2hp more..basically none of the advancement work in chapter 9