1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Wendek

Re: 1.9 SP Campaign - Sweet Revenge

Post by Wendek »

Hello !

I cannot load the campaign (BfW 1.9.5, download the campaign from add-ons server, campaign version is 1.0.1)
Here's a screenshot of the error : http://i55.tinypic.com/206ezxs.jpg
Then, after hitting Esc, I get another error : "Unknown Scenario : 01_Battle_For_Elensefar".

Any idea ? I see it's working well for other people. :/
"You see, it's not about what you take with you, it's about what you leave behind." (Turisas, The Bosphorus Freezes Over)
"A man chooses, a slave obeys." (Andrew Ryan, BioShock)
marecki

Post by marecki »

Wanted to try this campaign and I'm getting the exact same error message in 1.9.5.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Thanks for the report. I'll look into it ASAP. At the moment my 'development computer' is not available.
Check out my campaign Sweet Revenge!
Join the new R2D forum!
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

1.9.6 same error as above trying to load campaign, more details:

Code: Select all

20110612 23:56:28 error config: Macro/file 'REMOVE_ITEM' is missing at ~add-ons/Sweet_Revenge/scenarios/09_Outer_Defenses.cfg:482 included from ~add-ons/Sweet_Revenge/_main.cfg:79
20110612 23:56:28 error config: error reading usermade add-on '~/.local/share/wesnoth/1.9/data/add-ons/Sweet_Revenge/_main.cfg'
(same error message repeated 4 times)
20110612 23:56:40 error general: Unknown scenario: '01_Battle_for_Elensefar'
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Same as my last reply - my "development computer" with all the necessary programs and files currently has no internet. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Join the new R2D forum!
Shinobody

Post by Shinobody »

Well, just dropping in to say that i find it one of the best campaigns in Wesnoth with regards to storyline. I mean:
- Non-linear storytelling (only at beginning, but worked well enough to hook me in it :)) ; besides, from what I've read this decision was actually gameplay - motivated? Well, it worked well.
- Movies references :D (And lots, lots of them...)
- Good outlaw campaign, without "Apparently, EVIL queen has outlawed us. So I'm afraid that we may be outlaws. (Killing army patrol may also be a good hint)". Nah, main story arc (tying whole campaign together) is about simple revenge;
- And great placing of character stories on a political background (campaigns usually place you as some badass hero , who changes the story [if you start as farmer, expect to begin leading small army until scenario 5; and very possible that you'll be crowned as new King of Wesnoth in the ending :wink: ] ; here, you just react, try to survive, and achieve your personal goals, if you're lucky...)
For me? Best written campaign, along with Descent into Darkness.
Artist, writer, game designer for hire.
Art portfolio: https://shino1.artstation.com
Writing dump: https://shino1portfolio.wordpress.com/
My itchio for video games and TTRPG stuff: https://shino1.itch.io/
wedrifid

Post by wedrifid »

Wendek wrote:Hello !

I cannot load the campaign (BfW 1.9.5, download the campaign from add-ons server, campaign version is 1.0.1)
Here's a screenshot of the error : http://i55.tinypic.com/206ezxs.jpg
Then, after hitting Esc, I get another error : "Unknown Scenario : 01_Battle_For_Elensefar".

Any idea ? I see it's working well for other people. :/
I fixed the error for myself by writing the following at the top of the offending scenario 9 file:

Code: Select all

#define REMOVE_ITEM X Y
[remove_item]
    x,y={X},{Y}
[/remove_item]
#enddef
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

Hi, I know it's an old campaign, but I can't load it in 1.10.2. There's a missing REMOVE-ITEM, in the file of the scenario 9 I think.
bigkahuna

Post by bigkahuna »

Wow, can't believe this is still getting replies!

I'm sorry to say that I've abandoned this campaign. I'm on indefinite Wesbreak... Won't be developing anymore; only perhaps playing in the future. Thanks for reporting this error! Maybe someone who enjoyed the campaign can take the helm on this one.
Join the new R2D forum!
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Just installed this because it has many downloads, but it won't run- is there an easy fix to get it started, or should I just play it in 1.8... There seems to be some good feedback, is this campaign worth fixing? I'm not a great coder but if someone wants to mentor I could try it. :eng:
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

I don't think playing on 1.8 will work, because of [removeitem] -> [remove_item] and probably other things too. The problem with 1.10 is that the campaign uses several macros that are no longer mainline.

scenarios/9_Outer_Defenses.cfg uses the REMOVE_ITEM macro 13 times, you need to replace all of those instances with a [remove_item] tag. units/Door.cfg also uses REMOVE_ITEM. Both scenarios/13a_Second_Thoughts.cfg and 13b_Cleansing.cfg use CAPTURE_FILTERED_VILLAGES, you need to replace them with [capture_village] tags.

After doing that, the campaign started for me. I also replayed it just some months ago and IMO it's a very nice campaign.

Edit: I attached the files I fixed in the process. The campaigns starts correctly for me, but I haven't done any bugfixing further than that.
Attachments
Door.cfg
(911 Bytes) Downloaded 184 times
13b_Cleansing.cfg
(13.82 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
13a_Second_Thoughts.cfg
(12.49 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
09_Outer_Defenses.cfg
(26.42 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

Thanks Ceres, that did the trick! Well it started up anyway :D Would it be wise to update the version on the server so players don't get frustrated?
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

Well, of couse it'd be nice to upload a new version to the server, but as bigkahuna said some posts above he's on an indefinite Wesbreak and not actively maintaining it anymore. I guess he'd gladly pass maintenance to someone else, though, if someone finds a way to contact him.
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I didn't mean anything that complex, just a version with the 4 fixed files you posted so the campaign works- can a higher up amend a user upload in such a case?
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

There are two possibilities:
a) Uploading a separate add-on called "Sweet Revenge (fixed)", which wouldn't be a very good solution IMO
b) Getting the password for the campaign so the original one can be fixed

Of course, asking an administrator for the password would work theoretically, but doing so without even trying to contact the original creator wouldn't be nice. I PM'd bigkahuna about the matter, so I guess we should wait a bit (and hope he's got e-mail notifications about new PMs switched on).