The Settlers of Light (1.9.12+)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

AfterDawn

Re: The Settlers of Light (1.9.12+)

Post by AfterDawn »

After months of silence I'm back now.

yeah, I actually just played it right now and the first scenario is unbeatable because the event is waiting for aragwaithi peasants and I actually give you normal peasants... my bad. Consider that fixed as of now I just need to upload it.
AfterDawn

Post by AfterDawn »

Konrad2 wrote:it was rly pretty hard but also not to hard
Thanks! thats basically what i was going for gameplay wise.
Konrad2 wrote:maybe you should let undead spawn really all time and not only a limited number?
That's actually how i constructed it initially but the swamp got really cramped and it became a real chore for me (almost impossible) to push my wait out of it, so I went with a limited number instead. so the player wouldn't end up fighting any more than about 32 zombies.
Konrad2 wrote:also would be better if you would warn the player before the wolves and rats appear (scouted with my "scout" and then a army of rats and wolves chase me oO)
Yeah sorry about that I didn't really see that issue coming.
Konrad2 wrote:the scouts of the chaos legion retreat a bit early, how about let the leader retreat when you kill him? if they flee so early you have to let them attack once and beat them all in he next turn
As i recall they run pretty much only when you manage to murder their leader (its been a while so I forgot). When i first made it the player had to fight all of the scouts which meant a lot more members end up dying. As of now I think you'll at least lose one guy which isn't so bad. I could do some more testing so if you want the added challenge that's fine, i'll make the player fight them all. There is a castle half way through the journey of the first map so re-filling those empty slots after the first fight won't really be a problem.
Konrad2 wrote:why can you recruit outlaws? (dont want to complain, but why you dont have any from beginning then?)
eh... I don't remember why that was important, oh well.
Konrad2 wrote:change maybe lose conditions or turn limit: right now you lose when turns are over...but you dont have turn limit! so there is no sense in it
After testing I think i'll officially set it to about 45 turns, we'll see how that goes.
Konrad2 wrote:minor annoynance: always when i attack one of the "noble" troops, it shows me the unit ID of my attacking unit
is there any reason for it? or is it a bug?
yeah... its a leftover debug message that i forgot to remove... sorry.

thanks for the comments!

EDIT: ok all of the errors with the first scenario are basically gone and I uploaded the changes. anyone know how to change the description of the campaign on the add-on server because right now it says this campaign has 15 scenarios which, as you can imagine, is a little misleading.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

EDIT: ok all of the errors with the first scenario are basically gone and I uploaded the changes. anyone know how to change the description of the campaign on the add-on server because right now it says this campaign has 15 scenarios which, as you can imagine, is a little misleading.
Yeah, it's quite simple. Just edit the description of your PBL file.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
AfterDawn

Post by AfterDawn »

Oh yeah! Thx its been a while.

the truth is there is 16 scns but only 1 active. What I mean of course is I never deleted the other 15 scns so if any wants to play the old campaign they can. All they would have to do is edit I think the main file to point to the original first scn (details in the wiki) or you could enter debug mode while playing the current scenario and type shift + : and then type cl (choose level) from there you could jump to any scenario you want.

Hope that helps anyone who's curious about that.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

undead problematic: maybe limit the amount of undead tht can exist on the map at the same time? like, not more then 10 walking corpse on map at same time
AfterDawn

Post by AfterDawn »

That's a good easy solution. I would simply not create any more zombies if it would exceed the total.
The other thing I was thinking was perhaps putting a timer on zombie spawning, like every 4 times a unit steps into the swamps a zombie will be 'born'.

I think you're right though, the swamps should be a little bit more difficult to get through.
Also the scouts, I rechecked what I wrote and apparently they run away after killing about 4 of them. I increase that to 6 but I only spawn a think about 8 or 9 guys total that the player has to fight. I wanted to make the fight feel small and quick but I'll consider adding more or changing the limit probably based on difficulty.
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

I've played the first scenario and I love it but I've been wondering if it's ever gonna go past the first?
AOW

Post by AOW »

It sounds interesting, but I don't know why my computer can't run the relevant version. :(