The Settlers of Light (1.9.12+)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Astoria
Inactive Developer

The Settlers of Light (1.9.12+)

Post by Astoria »

This is the development thread for the campaign The Settlers of Light.

Feedback thread can be found here.
Art thread can be found here.
Last edited by Astoria on December 13th, 2011, 11:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
bvanevery

Re: The Settlers of Light (1.9.x)

Post by bvanevery »

SoL-defence bug. If my leader is standing on the recruiting hex of the northern castle when the Chaos leader appears, then my leader vanishes. I can continue to play without my leader, but once I kill the Chaos leader I will be defeated, presumably because some algorithm is checking whether my leader is dead before it checks whether enemy leaders are dead. This scenario was not contrived but arose in the natural course of gameplay. The player is supposed to "avoid conflict" and it makes sense to evacuate to a safe distance, such as a faraway castle where I might be able to recruit units if need be.
To Lands Unknown, an Arabesque adventure of stunning background art, mobile summoning, and strong storytelling.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

bvanevery wrote:SoL-defence bug. If my leader is standing on the recruiting hex of the northern castle when the Chaos leader appears, then my leader vanishes. I can continue to play without my leader, but once I kill the Chaos leader I will be defeated, presumably because some algorithm is checking whether my leader is dead before it checks whether enemy leaders are dead. This scenario was not contrived but arose in the natural course of gameplay. The player is supposed to "avoid conflict" and it makes sense to evacuate to a safe distance, such as a faraway castle where I might be able to recruit units if need be.
I'll change that next release. :wink:
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
rodrigo3005

Post by rodrigo3005 »

Hello, I'm playing the campaign and I am at "The Outpost" phase. The objectve to this mission is "escape the battlefield", I did all I could in the map including trying to escape to all borders and killed all the foes but nothing happened, if you can help me I'd thank a lot.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

rodrigo3005 wrote:Hello, I'm playing the campaign and I am at "The Outpost" phase. The objectve to this mission is "escape the battlefield", I did all I could in the map including trying to escape to all borders and killed all the foes but nothing happened, if you can help me I'd thank a lot.
There ought to be a gohere sign in the west part of the map. :wink:
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

I've just released version 0.2.7!
This version contains 7 finished scenarios, and 2 more are planned for next week. Please post any bugs/error/gramma mistakes here.
Twenty-four

Post by Twenty-four »

Great campaign so far, I came up to Stronghold. I have one problem so far: Since Dark outpost, round 25, every saved-game is damaged, I can't load it.

I have one example here:
Attachments
SoL-Stronghold-Autospeichern4.gz
(39.18 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

Twenty-four wrote:Great campaign so far, I came up to Stronghold. I have one problem so far: Since Dark outpost, round 25, every saved-game is damaged, I can't load it.

I have one example here:
I have no idea what causes that... Happened to me too, but in scenario 6.
bvanevery

Post by bvanevery »

LightFighter wrote:
Twenty-four wrote:Great campaign so far, I came up to Stronghold. I have one problem so far: Since Dark outpost, round 25, every saved-game is damaged, I can't load it.

I have one example here:
I have no idea what causes that... Happened to me too, but in scenario 6.
I had the same problem in Dark Outpost. Manually saving a game is a workaround, they won't be corrupted. Hrm, but after Turn 5 of Stronghold, I can't save a game either. Even manually, they're always corrupted.

In Stronghold, Ricardo is an IDIOT. He runs up and attacks the strongest guys possible, with no units to surround or protect him. He's rather vulnerable to attacks and gets himself killed. I don't have enough time to put troops in front of him, and sometimes even when I do have troops in front of him, he just skirmishes around them so he can kill himself. Can you change the AI for this somehow? This is total baloney. This level is just an exercise in save and restart, it's so stupid. I've got lots of high level guys too, it's not like I'm some greener to Wesnoth combat. I kill almost everyone and Ricardo still gets himself killed, for nothing. All he has to do is sit back at the palace and he'd be fine.
To Lands Unknown, an Arabesque adventure of stunning background art, mobile summoning, and strong storytelling.
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

bvanevery wrote:
LightFighter wrote: I have no idea what causes that... Happened to me too, but in scenario 6.
I had the same problem in Dark Outpost. Manually saving a game is a workaround, they won't be corrupted. Hrm, but after Turn 5 of Stronghold, I can't save a game either. Even manually, they're always corrupted.

In Stronghold, Ricardo is an IDIOT. He runs up and attacks the strongest guys possible, with no units to surround or protect him. He's rather vulnerable to attacks and gets himself killed. I don't have enough time to put troops in front of him, and sometimes even when I do have troops in front of him, he just skirmishes around them so he can kill himself. Can you change the AI for this somehow? This is total baloney. This level is just an exercise in save and restart, it's so stupid. I've got lots of high level guys too, it's not like I'm some greener to Wesnoth combat. I kill almost everyone and Ricardo still gets himself killed, for nothing. All he has to do is sit back at the palace and he'd be fine.
I'll fix that next release.
louis15

Post by louis15 »

i m currently stuck at the senario stronghold, the tidal wave doesn't seem to happen.. are we supossed to do something?
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

louis15 wrote:i m currently stuck at the senario stronghold, the tidal wave doesn't seem to happen.. are we supossed to do something?
Move Ricardo to the gohere sign, that should end the scenario.
louis15

Post by louis15 »

there doesn't appear to be any gohere sign in my version :s and the objectif doesn't give me any coordonates..
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

going into debug mode reveals an "image not found" where the gohere icon should be... Looks like someone forgot it. :o
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
louis15

Post by louis15 »

now i m gonna sound pretty stupid... how do we go in debug mode?