1.16 SP Campaign: Trinity

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

irheh1

Re: 1.14 SP Campaign: Trinity

Post by irheh1 »

I've been playing Trinity on Battle for Wesnoth 1.14.7, and it can't load the game map for the scenario after "Island Surface" because of the "Unkown title in map: (Xomy) 'Xomy.'" If there a way of fixing this? I really like Bad Moon Rising and this campaign btw.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

irheh1 wrote: August 5th, 2020, 7:50 pm I've been playing Trinity on Battle for Wesnoth 1.14.7, and it can't load the game map for the scenario after "Island Surface" because of the "Unkown title in map: (Xomy) 'Xomy.'" If there a way of fixing this? I really like Bad Moon Rising and this campaign btw.
Hi,
That's an obsolete terrain, looks like I didn't manage to clean it all out.

Thanks for the notice, I'll have to upload a fixed version this weekend. In the meantime, you can replace the map file with the attached file, or open the map file of the same name with a text editor and "find & replace" Xomy with Xoym.
Attachments
3_P04c.map
(7.9 KiB) Downloaded 287 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

doofus-01 wrote: August 6th, 2020, 3:14 am
irheh1 wrote: August 5th, 2020, 7:50 pm I've been playing Trinity on Battle for Wesnoth 1.14.7, and it can't load the game map for the scenario after "Island Surface" because of the "Unkown title in map: (Xomy) 'Xomy.'" If there a way of fixing this? I really like Bad Moon Rising and this campaign btw.
Hi,
That's an obsolete terrain, looks like I didn't manage to clean it all out.

Thanks for the notice, I'll have to upload a fixed version this weekend. In the meantime, you can replace the map file with the attached file, or open the map file of the same name with a text editor and "find & replace" Xomy with Xoym.
Thank you! :)
irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

Hi, I just played the scenario "An Encounter," and for some reason the scenario won't end, even when I kill all enemy units. All my units just sit idly on the map until turns run out. Is there a way to fix this?

Also, when I leveled up Dardus, the "Increase Fire/Cold Resistance +10%" AMLA option actually decreases his Fire and Cold resistances by 10%.

Thanks again for that replacement map.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

irheh1 wrote: August 7th, 2020, 12:25 am Hi, I just played the scenario "An Encounter," and for some reason the scenario won't end, even when I kill all enemy units. All my units just sit idly on the map until turns run out. Is there a way to fix this?
Is the Elf Avenger who talked in the beginning still around? Did a Dragoon ever show up?
irheh1 wrote: August 7th, 2020, 12:25 am Also, when I leveled up Dardus, the "Increase Fire/Cold Resistance +10%" AMLA option actually decreases his Fire and Cold resistances by 10%.
Hrm, that was sloppy. Thanks for catching it.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

doofus-01 wrote: August 7th, 2020, 3:12 am
irheh1 wrote: August 7th, 2020, 12:25 am Hi, I just played the scenario "An Encounter," and for some reason the scenario won't end, even when I kill all enemy units. All my units just sit idly on the map until turns run out. Is there a way to fix this?
Is the Elf Avenger who talked in the beginning still around? Did a Dragoon ever show up?
irheh1 wrote: August 7th, 2020, 12:25 am Also, when I leveled up Dardus, the "Increase Fire/Cold Resistance +10%" AMLA option actually decreases his Fire and Cold resistances by 10%.
Hrm, that was sloppy. Thanks for catching it.
Yeah, the dragoon showed up about half way through. I killed the elvish avenger, which then triggered some dialogue between him and the prince.
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Well, all the conditions were met then, so I can't guess why it wouldn't end. Do you have a save-file or replay? Thanks.
irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

doofus-01 wrote: August 7th, 2020, 9:27 pm Well, all the conditions were met then, so I can't guess why it wouldn't end. Do you have a save-file or replay? Thanks.
Here is the save-file for the turn before dragoon showed up; hope this help.
Attachments
Tri1-An Encounter-Auto-Save17.gz
(156.6 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

irheh1 wrote: August 7th, 2020, 10:32 pm Here is the save-file for the turn before dragoon showed up; hope this help.
Thanks, I think I see what happened, yet another thing to fix. I'm guessing you killed the guy in the NW corner, then went after the Avenger?
If that's it, then you can just use
:debug
:n

That isn't always safe to do, but this time it should be OK.

I'll make it so killing that guy in the corner isn't possible (or at least I'll try to make it impossible).
irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

I really hate to add to the list of bugs, but I'm afraid I've found another one; the Scenario "A Subsumption" won't load because of an unknown tile in map, 'Rr^Yrug' .
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

irheh1 wrote: August 8th, 2020, 3:20 am I really hate to add to the list of bugs, but I'm afraid I've found another one;
It's too bad the bugs are there, but I'm glad you're letting me know. Thanks, once again.
irheh1 wrote: August 8th, 2020, 3:20 am A Subsumption" won't load because of an unknown tile in map, 'Rr^Yrug'
You can use the attached map file, or just delete the four instances of "^Yrug" in the file of the same name.

These terrain issues come from a clean-up of Archaic Resources. I thought I had checked for the old codes in the campaigns, but maybe I grepped for them in *.cfg instead of *.map.
Attachments
3_K06b.map
(2.15 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

doofus-01 wrote: August 8th, 2020, 12:06 pm
irheh1 wrote: August 8th, 2020, 3:20 am I really hate to add to the list of bugs, but I'm afraid I've found another one;
It's too bad the bugs are there, but I'm glad you're letting me know. Thanks, once again.
irheh1 wrote: August 8th, 2020, 3:20 am A Subsumption" won't load because of an unknown tile in map, 'Rr^Yrug'
You can use the attached map file, or just delete the four instances of "^Yrug" in the file of the same name.

These terrain issues come from a clean-up of Archaic Resources. I thought I had checked for the old codes in the campaigns, but maybe I grepped for them in *.cfg instead of *.map.
I just tried replacing the map file with the one you posted, and it gave me the same error. I checked the file you posted,and it doesn't have any instances of "^Yrug" .
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

I'm not having that problem, so two things I can think of:

1. Did you restart Wesnoth (or hit F5 on title-screen) between when you got the error then added the revised map and when you tried again?
2. If yes, then it could be something in the cache, you can find and clear it with the "cache" button in the General tab of Preferences.

(These are general to all Wesnoth, nothing specific to this campaign.)
irheh1

Post by irheh1 »

doofus-01 wrote: August 8th, 2020, 4:26 pm I'm not having that problem, so two things I can think of:

1. Did you restart Wesnoth (or hit F5 on title-screen) between when you got the error then added the revised map and when you tried again?
2. If yes, then it could be something in the cache, you can find and clear it with the "cache" button in the General tab of Preferences.

(These are general to all Wesnoth, nothing specific to this campaign.)
I didn't think to restart it. I just did that and it's working fine now. Thank you!
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

1.5.10 has been uploaded to the BfW 1.14 server. It includes fixes to the things irheh1 reported, since some were blockers. Thanks.