Campaign: Saving Elensefar

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MadMax

Post by MadMax »

turin wrote:boo.... i thought i removed that debug message...

if you click enough times, it will work, though. Its just that there are about 10 debug messages popping up that are identical.
Also,

Code: Select all

[store_unit]
				[filter]
				[/filter]
			variable=everyoneelse
			[/store_unit]
(in #define PORT_EE S) should be

[store_unit]
				[filter]
				[/filter]
			variable=everyoneelse
			kill=yes
			[/store_unit]
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
scott

Post by scott »

The wesnoth ships sail onto land

I also like the shadow mage. This is a perfect "in-role" usage for them.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Also, you need to use a different ID with the Wesnothian Galleons in The High Seas to avoid conflict with FtF.

scott

Post by scott »

And my recall list was doubled up somewhere. I noticed this during my first sea battle.

This happened to me in Liberty when changing the peasants to outlaws. For some reason units in the recall list that were changed using [store_unit] were copied not moved. I ended up fixing it by deleting the peasants after switching them over to outlaws. Your problem may have a different cause.

PS you start out on turn 1 with 0 movement when revisiting the High Seas. Maybe you could do a store unit and give it move points back.
Hope springs eternal.
Wesnoth acronym guide.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

MadMax wrote:
turin wrote:boo.... i thought i removed that debug message...

if you click enough times, it will work, though. Its just that there are about 10 debug messages popping up that are identical.
Also,

[store_unit]
				[filter]
				[/filter]
			variable=everyoneelse
			[/store_unit]
(in #define PORT_EE S) should be

[store_unit]
				[filter]
				[/filter]
			variable=everyoneelse
			kill=yes
			[/store_unit]
Why? Since it is the end of the scenario and they are not on side 1, it does not matter if they are killed or not...

Oh, wait. Thats why its doubling up... i need it to only store units on the map, not those in your recall list. How do i do that? I could just have it not store other side=1 units, since there shouldn't be any others...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

turin wrote:How do i do that?
store all side 1 units from 1,1 to the lower right corner of the map.

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

MadMax wrote:
turin wrote:How do i do that?
store all side 1 units from 1,1 to the lower right corner of the map.
Isn't that too many iterations, though? There is a 1024 limit, and i tried something similar in a different scenario that didn't work because of this...
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

turin wrote:Isn't that too many iterations, though? There is a 1024 limit, and i tried something similar in a different scenario that didn't work because of this...
No, that limit's only for [while] loops.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Elvish Pillager wrote:
turin wrote:Isn't that too many iterations, though? There is a 1024 limit, and i tried something similar in a different scenario that didn't work because of this...
No, that limit's only for [while] loops.
it was a [store_location] tag. i was checking for terrain, so i just did it for the whole map (50 X 50) and with letter=Y. it only got the some of the swamp villages. When i made map only 32 X 32 (= 1024) , it got all of them. Why would that happen if it is only for while loops?
The World of Orbivm
Elvish_Pillager
Location: Everywhere you think, nowhere you can possibly imagine.

Post by Elvish_Pillager »

turin wrote:it was a [store_location] tag. i was checking for terrain, so i just did it for the whole map (50 X 50) and with letter=Y. it only got the some of the swamp villages. When i made map only 32 X 32 (= 1024) , it got all of them. Why would that happen if it is only for while loops?
I don't know, I'd have to see the cfg...

and anyway, we're talking about a SUF here, and it just goes through the units and checks if their X and Y are correct, it doesn't go through the terrains and find the units.
It's all fun and games until someone loses a lawsuit. Oh, and by the way, sending me private messages won't work. :/ If you must contact me, there's an e-mail address listed on the website in my profile.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

as in

[store_unit]
[filter]
x=1-?
y=1-?
side=1
[/filter]

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

I really think this is irrelevant, though, since there should only be 1 side=1 unit on the map, and it is stored in a different variable. So i'll just stick to my [not] side=1 [/not]...
The World of Orbivm
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Another thing: If the Wesnothian galleons catch you (sending you into Sea Battle), shouldn't the galleon be sunk when you return to The High Seas?

turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

MadMax wrote:Another thing: If the Wesnothian galleons catch you (sending you into Sea Battle), shouldn't the galleon be sunk when you return to The High Seas?
yes, i'm working on the WML for that. (or will be soon.) Its not that hard, i just haven't gotten to it yet...
The World of Orbivm
Circon

Post by Circon »

Testing 123 123 ???

Oh, and Meneldur loses his experience a few times, annoyingly enough...