Ice Age Fun and Japhel's Journey

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mountain_King
Translator

Re: Ice Age Fun and Japhel's Journey

Post by Mountain_King »

It lives again!!! (not the thread). I finally took my computer to a shop yesterday to try and recover a bit of my data, and lo and behold, it started back up again! Finding my old Wesnoth files, I was able to locate and correct the bugs mentioned previously and uploaded new versions of both IAF (to the 1.10 server) and JJ (to the 1.11 server). I'm still not sure that this means I'll have the time and energy (or that my computer will continue to function properly after this for very long) to finish and polish them up, but at least now they aren't bugging out and I can get them to start.

Regards,
Mountain_King
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
lynx

Post by lynx »

There's a Ggf tile bug in Belly of the beast too. I had to stop there. Checking the files, the tile is used in:
add-ons/The_Ice_Age/maps/09_confrontation.map
add-ons/The_Ice_Age/maps/01_Mammoth_Hunt.map
add-ons/The_Ice_Age/maps/20_Search_for_the_Portal.map
add-ons/The_Ice_Age/maps/09_The_Confrontation
So WTF?No Belly there and (as Search for the portal) I had no problems with the mammoth hunt. Anyway, changing them to Gg allowed me to continue.

Awen and sylvan spirit cause wml warnings.

So far so good. It's odd that not all advancements are normally available, but I guess it could be solved with a bit more storywise justification. Why no bandit-types until the third city (yet you get a loyal member in the first scenario)? The same with white-mage types and later "arcanists" (would be better to just enable recruitment of level 2 units).
Cashcam24

Post by Cashcam24 »

The first scenario mammoth hunt is pissing me off so much but only because everytime I attack or am attacked by a saber tooth the game crashes
Radh

Post by Radh »

I'm currently playing the first scenario on Normal, and why is the mammoth able to summon an unlimited number of sabers and wolves? Does it ever stop?
Major_Swampy

Post by Major_Swampy »

First of all, if Mountain_King still take care of this topic, I hope this campaign will not found a new bug of the latest version (on wesnoth 1.14).

I already downloaded this campaign (Ice Age Fun), but not now to play. So I will try it sometime.

Is there anybody found a new bug of Ice Age Fun?
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)
white_haired_uncle

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Missing images:

'misc/year.png'
'units/human-iceage/Fighter.png'
'units/bird-mount.png'
'portraits/spearman-2.png'
'BASE_IMAGE=units/elephantbird-defend.png'
'REACTION_IMAGE=units/elephantbird-defend.png'
'portraits/spearman.png'
'portraits/spearman-2.png'
'units/human-magi/red-mage+female-die-1.png'
'units/human-magi/red-mage+female-die-2.png'
'units/human-magi/red-mage+female-die-3.png'
'units/human-magi/red-mage+female-die-4.png'
'portraits/spearman.png'
'units/human-loyalists/lancer-moving.png'
'units/human-loyalists/lancer-defend.png'
'units/human-loyalists/lancer-attack.png'

Help for healer shows it advances to poet. Help for poet says it advances from healer and healer, one of which advances to poet and one advances to poet or hud.

In main screen, race is fear (or bean, for the type of healer whose image is holding a staff) oighr but it's lucht oighr in help.

Looks like the bean oighr healer advances to poetess, which may be a clue to the above. Gender?

Love at first blight: At one point, Cutie says "Any healers you recruit from now on will have the ability to level into arcanists." I didn't see any change. My new healers did become Healer2, but it still has the same advance options.

In early scenarios, objectives say "death of jobath" is a defeat, when there are actually many heroes whose death leads to defeat.

Cutie has weird symbols in her speech

Signpost messages look weird (e.g. Eastern Borders in Palace of Twilight).

Stone of Destiny: If you try to take the OBJ_BOOTS_HOVER with a non-dwarf, it just says "Leave them". If you try to take them with a dwarf, the logic is backwards. See attached.

Stone of Destiny: Should X get the harp? Options are "la!" or "take it", and "take it" means to leave it. Same for boomerang. See attached.
Spoiler:
Gates_of_Mok_Tal: I lost Ashkenaz, which did not end in defeat

Councilman Laeghire is loyal, but doesn't have the little "hat" in the recall menu.
Attachments
IAF-The Stone of Destiny-Auto-Save41.gz
(100.02 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Major_Swampy

Re: Ice Age Fun

Post by Major_Swampy »

Already started to play with this campaign (latest IAF version and BfW 1.14.11;

S1 (Mammoth hunt)
Btw, if mammoth attacked or attacking, the size will be shrinked.

S3 (I am Error)
That name scenario makes me laughes :lol: and doesn't any makes sense.

S6 (The heart of Orcish armies)
If enemy orc leader gets hitted by berserk/awen sword, gets shrinked into Goblin Rouser (I think).

S13 (The Olaams' Revenge)
When Jobath turned into lvl 4 Ard-Righ, that portrait shrinked on mine resoultion (1280 = 1366). It makes me no sense.

S19 (In the Hall of Mountain King)
At the end of scenario (when released Acacia), why she speaks Scottish Gaelic languange? But in S21 and further, she now speaks normally.

S22 (The Palace of Twilight)
I'm not sure that Queen Danu is faerie lady, but IMO Danu's actually from Indonesian male name. (I thought Queen's portrait looked like Elynia, did you brought it from Iftu & AtS).

S25 (At the gates of Mak-Tol)
If one of all heroes dies except Jobath, it won't triggers defeat.

Talking about units:
If Hunter unit gets hitted, it does missing voices. Better borrow that voice from Akladians.

When female healer unit dies and attacks, it triggers the male healer sprite show.

Bird Paladin's and Feathered Warriors' moving sprite are missing.

Dark Blademaster's AMLA are missing (looked blue strip).

And about heroes:
Old man and Acacia's portrait indeed small too, but perhaps I suggest borrow that both portrait from mainline campaign NR.

If Linaera of Head Banfaith gets hitted then sounds male, that's indeed odd.

And finally, I just finished this campaign, I thank you for the Author and whoever has ported to 1.14. :D
Last edited by Major_Swampy on March 8th, 2020, 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sorry for my english, I'm not english native.
Regards, Swampy.

(Already mastered the LotI as 4 times until the end, so wanna me to play it again!?)