Ice Age Fun and Japhel's Journey

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Mountain_King
Translator

Re: Ice Age Fun and Japhel's Journey

Post by Mountain_King »

Yes, yes yes! :D Those are perfect for my campaign. I thank you a million times.

Best Regards,
Mountain_King

EDIT: and if you still have the .pngs for that flag, I know I can find I use for them.
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
Is cothabhálach an aistriúcháin Gaeilge mé.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Mefisto
Art Contributor

Post by Mefisto »

Here are the houses. I had to spend few hours on them because the terrain changed since I made them and I wanted to make them more fittin to new environment. I have pngs for flag but I'm going to redo them (change magenta to green, make the pole slightly more prominent etc). I'll upload them later, probably next week.
EDIT: flag done. Attachment below. You can see how it looks now in my topic.
Attachments
paleo flag.tar.gz
(14.09 KiB) Downloaded 378 times
paleolithic set.tar.gz
(90.54 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Many thanks again! These look awesome in game. I guess I'm going to finally have to work on a new IAF version...:whistle:

In other news, I have gotten impatient on ironing out everything in an OCD way and decided just to upload the newest version of Japhel's Journey (0.3.5). These are the things I can remember have changed since... what, September? When the last version was released.

Addition of two new playable scenarios, with an equal number of cutscenes.
Might have tweaked the AMLA some more, can't really remember.
New controversial theories on how portals work. :P
Fixing of bug that has been mentioned multiple times in this thread.

And as always, if you find any bugs or other issues, I like to hear about them. Then I can fix them and everybody's happy!
Hope you enjoy it.

Best Regards,
Mountain_King
Projects: Ice Age Fun, Japhel's Journey (same link), Shameless Crossover Excuse (Maintainer), and Age of Dinosaurs!
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

speaking of the portals, in the scenario hornets nest, the tunnels only sent one guy down, and then they stopped working. Was this intentional?
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Could you provide a screenshot and/or savegame?

In addition, double check to make sure that there isn't someone standing on one end of the portal/tunnel, as that makes it unusable.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
axds123

Post by axds123 »

so i am on scenario 13 and it says unknown scenario can you update with scenario 13 for bfw 1.10.1
U WOT M8
Ravi

Post by Ravi »

I am getting Error while running ice age fun v1.5.4 on Wesnoth 1.10 :cry: . How to fix it?
Darkness is coming!
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

Ravi, I'm going to need you to reproduce the exact error message so I can fix the error posthaste. Can you attach the stderr text file?

axds123, the reason that scenario 13 is unknown is because it hasn't been written yet. If it was, I would have it on the server by now.
EXTERMINATE!!!!
Ravi

Post by Ravi »

Mountain_King wrote:Ravi, I'm going to need you to reproduce the exact error message so I can fix the error posthaste. Can you attach the stderr text file?

axds123, the reason that scenario 13 is unknown is because it hasn't been written yet. If it was, I would have it on the server by now.
Hi, where stderr file is located? :whistle: BTW I am uploading the screenshot of the error message :shock: .
Screenshots
Darkness is coming!
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Please use
Spoiler:
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Ravi

Post by Ravi »

Anther option (if you have limited bandwidth or something) would be to locate your user data dir, go to add-ons/The_Ice_Age/scenarios/, open JJ_Backstory.cfg in an editor and remove the following two lines: (at the very bottom)
Hey I remove that two lines and voila! Ige Age Fun is now running :eng: ! The first level is awesome :shock: with a awesome snow effect! Mountain_King thanks for creating Ige Age fun :) !!
This *could* have bad impact, though...
What you mean by saying this??
Darkness is coming!
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

It means that there might be something in the included files. If you remove the inclusion, this won't work anymore. Only Mountain_King can tell you whether it breaks something or not (though I don't think it does).

By the way, if you don't have bandwidth problems, I'd recommend also downloading Japhel's Journey, as that campaign also makes really fun to play. :)
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Ravi

Post by Ravi »

Ok! I will surely download Japhel's Journey 8) ! Thanks Crendgrim :) !!
Darkness is coming!
Mountain_King
Translator

Post by Mountain_King »

:doh: Sorry guys, I misunderstood. I thought the error was something in JJ first scenario, not IAF. The offending lines have been removed, and all should work properly on that front. I just uploaded the corrected version, so if anyone wants to confirm that IAF once again works without Japhel's Journey that'd be great.

@ravi, you're welcome, though I can't take full credit for the awesome snow effects as doofus-01 came up with it first.

Best Regards,
Mountain_King
EXTERMINATE!!!!
axds123

Post by axds123 »

when will scenario thirteen for jj come out really fun campaign btw
U WOT M8