How many people play Flight to Freedom?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

pravin

Bug in LandFall - Drakes campaign

Post by pravin »

If I kill the human ship with my pirate ship, still the humans land. Maybe you can restrict the places my pirate ship can go and so not attack the human ship
A warrior may die a thousand deaths,
An empire dies but one.
MadMax

Re: Bug in LandFall - Drakes campaign

Post by MadMax »

pravin wrote:If I kill the human ship with my pirate ship, still the humans land. Maybe you can restrict the places my pirate ship can go and so not attack the human ship
Will be fixed in next release.

And yes, I do want you to be able to sink the human ship. Only problem: there will almost definitely be a substantial orcish force present when you land, making it just as hard as if you had let the humans land.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
romnajin

Post by romnajin »

I haven't played super-far through it, but what I have played, I've liked :) Note:The manor level is a little hard for that early in the campaign
Note2: You should make a third level in the main drake line(hatcling, slave, worker)
Sorry for the meaningless post
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

romnajin wrote:I haven't played super-far through it, but what I have played, I've liked :) Note:The manor level is a little hard for that early in the campaign
Did you find the spears?
romnajin wrote:Note2: You should make a third level in the main drake line(hatcling, slave, worker)
Any ideas?

ActionHitman (FIN)

Post by ActionHitman (FIN) »

This campaign was just what the game needed. I found the game just recently, and after I found out that there is a playable dragon race in it...I immediately tried the game.
If I wouldn't be a human, I'd be a dragon. I'm a dragon in human's form.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

ActionHitman (FIN) wrote:This campaign was just what the game needed. I found the game just recently, and after I found out that there is a playable dragon race in it...I immediately tried the game.
Thanks!

Ave

Post by Ave »

please fix movement cost tags in the units :)
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Ave wrote:please fix movement cost tags in the units :)
What do you mean?

Ave

Post by Ave »

The palace is too tough, even with the spears.
I remember playing this a while ago, then it was easier.
Those pikemen might need some downgrade!

The game won't work with [movement cost], it is now [movement_cost].
Just upgrade your engine to 0.9.3.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Ave wrote:The palace is too tough, even with the spears.
I remember playing this a while ago, then it was easier.
Those pikemen might need some downgrade!

The game won't work with [movement cost], it is now [movement_cost].
Just upgrade your engine to 0.9.3.
Are you sure you're using the latest version of FtF? If you are, what file is this in? I looked through the unit .cfgs and couldn't find it.

As for Manor, I know it is tough, but there is an easy level coming after it.

Ave

Post by Ave »

It is no longer buggy, but VERY tough, tougher than ever.
The spears are actually weaker than the mace attacks.
kucing

Post by kucing »

This is a quite fun campaign! However I have a few quirks about it (spoiler warning!):
  • The manor scenario is very difficult. I had to restart the game four times (no joke) to win it. BTW, the spears are completely useless in that scenario!
  • Some scenarios have neutral critters (e.g. rabbits). These creatures, although can be killed, are annoying when I am trying to find out how far the enemy can go since they are included in the calculation.
  • In the naval escape scenario I noticed that the ships are not vulnerable to fire! Ships are made of woods and as such, fire (e.g. dragons' breath) should be a ship killer.
  • Landfall scenario: in the scenario, there is a bridge that connects to the other side of the island. If I move a drake there, the bridge collapses and my drake also fell (and gets killed). But aren't we missing something here? It starts with f....That's right, drakes can FLY!!! It makes sense if my clasher gets killed, but I used burner at that time and he died.
Apart of a few minor issues, it seemed to be a nice campaign :). Good work!
    MadMax

Post by MadMax »

The boats should be vulnerable to fire, and the bridge shouldn't be triggered by flying units. They're bugs.

And the spears are useless in Manor, but they come in handy later.

DoctorJ

Post by DoctorJ »

I'm working my way through FtF now. I like that it's so different from the run of the mill campaign. Case in point: 'Survival'. Who else would introduce a campaign through an unwinnable scenario. It's not bad enough that you're sending 1st level defenders against 3rd level attackers, but when human & drake stand on equal ground the drake gets the lowest defense. I got sad when i realized that no matter how well or poorly you fight, the end result is exactly the same. Of course, that does put you in the proper mood of a slave...

'Rebellion' is nice. The livestock is a cute touch, though i was a little concerned about those cockatrice... :shock:

'Manor' is good, though tough. Unless you're one of those players who's blows always hit & always manage to parry enemy thrusts, 20 turns is just barely time to get past all the defenders & take out Prax. I had to restart several times to get the right combination of steps for success. I initially went into the room of the spears - then the whole rest of the scenario trying to get out. The enemies all blockaded the hall outside the door. Spear or no, i couldn't break through. I eventually decided the spears weren't worth the effort. I will say this: until i read this forum, i didn't understand that Prax was being held by Malakar. I thought Malakar had killed the slaver.

'Caravan' is cool. It's nice to get a little break in between the harder scenarios.

'Blue River' is tougher, but not ridiculously so. My nephew kept trying to egg me on to assault the wildlife. I wasn't going to, but the birds got to be annoying enough that i had to take them all out. :twisted:

'Southern Shore' was, for me, "pretty neat". I hadn't gotten to play w/ ships yet; besides this was a wonderful opportunity for my drake fighters to get some easy experience.

'The Open Ocean' was somewhat touch-&-go. I guess this is the flip side of the coin i was winning last time: whatever monsters reach the ships can inflict unimpeded melee damage. Though i know it would be easy enough to reload if they got lucky, it was tense enough to keep things interesting.

'Landfall' is where i am now, and why i came to this forum in the 1st place. It seems as though Jake lands twice in rapid succession, giving the humans a bit of an unfair advantage. This happens in BfW 1.0, i just dl'ed the campaign last week so i think it's up to date, too. Now that i know the human ship can be destroyed, though, i think i'll try that tack.
    Oreb

Post by Oreb »

Did it and completed it and the last level is so hard!!!!!

Took about an hour becuase of quitting and reloading (to keep good units) and for all the leaders to have their go,

I had the saurians flank and they got decimated
    I am Oreb, Lord of the Darthien
    Give your comments to the World of Orbivm