Vix: Looking for 1.9 Betatesters for Version 0.3

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Vix- Version 0.2 is now out.

Post by artisticdude »

Quick update:

-Added a small wooden fort to the island, hopefully that will help the balancing process when I complete this campaign

-Minor changes to the campaign that improve the overall experience

-Fixed the maps in places

-Gave the player a new recruit, a lizard version of the heavy infantry, called the saurian hammerwielder, which advances to a saurian mauler, which advances to a saurian crusher.

Only read this if you want to know what happens in the 4th scenario.
Spoiler:
Only read this if you want to collaborate on this campaign or want to spoil the storyline for yourself.
Spoiler:
Last edited by artisticdude on February 26th, 2010, 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm never wrong. One time I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken."
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

:augh: spoilerz
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Gambit wrote:spoilerz
Dang! :annoyed: I knew I was forgetting something! Done.
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Here's the storyline (spoilerz) of the campaign so far as I've been able to devise, though I might need/want to change something before this campaign is finished.
Spoiler:
tsr

Post by tsr »

version: 1.8.0

I've just downloaded this from the 1.8 add-on server, seems sweet ;)

In the second scenario (which looks like the final one in the version on the add-on server) you have a small bug in the meat-delivery code: first_time_only=yes should probably be first_time_only=no.

Perhaps I should read thru the whole thread before posting, but honestly I'm just in the mood for playing atm, so I fixed my local version and will restart the second scenario ;)

/tsr
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Whew, this thing is still alive? :P Seems like ages since I started this thread up. Sorry about that bug, BTW. I've been working on this campaign, and have several more scenarios done, but I don't plan on uploading until I finish the entire project (well, I'll still be doing bugfixes and balancing afterwards, but the entire campaign will have all the scenarios working properly).
tsr

Post by tsr »

Noooooo!

Please upload what you got now, I want to playtest :D

/tsr
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Oh noez, people actually like this campaign. :P

Okay, give me a couple days to fix some bugs and balance the scenarios a bit, and I'll put 0.3 on the server (with 4 possibly 5 new scenarios).
tsr

Post by tsr »

Yay!

/tsr
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

artisticdude wrote:(with 4 possibly 5 new scenarios).
:shock: You've been busy. Can you give us a [brief, non spoilery] rundown of the settings and plots?
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Gambit wrote: :shock: You've been busy. Can you give us a [brief, non spoilery] rundown of the settings and plots?
I should have been busier, but I've had a lot going on recently. Here's a summary of the next 4 scenarios, I haven't finished the fifth yet, and I don't know if I'll put it in 0.3 or not yet, so for now I'll post a rundown of the 4 scenarios I have:

1. After you restock the ships on the island, you flee before the oncoming storm, luckily managing to find a shelter island just in time... but there are a few others who are also interested in the island for shelter, and there isn't enough room for all of you.

2. Then Vix & Co. wait until the storm blows itself out, then continue their journey until they reach the lands south of wesnoth. Unfortunately, the area they've navigated to is sheer cliffs, with no place for a landing. They find an inlet in the cliffs with an entrance just wide enough to allow the ships to pass through, and decide to shelter there overnight. However, the narrow entrance collapses during the night in an earthquake, trapping the saurians in the inlet with sheer cliffs on every side. Luckily the earthquake also opens a crack on one side of the cliff, so Vix decides they should explore it and see if they can find a way out of the trap. But when the crack leads to a tunnel, things start becoming a bit more complicated than crawling through a crack until you reach the outside world...

3. With daylight streaming from a newly-opened fissure in the cave wall ahead, Vix & Co. Hurry towards it, only for an aftershock to send tons of rubble into fissure, sealing it off. While an ally digs through the rubble to reach the outside, Vix and his tribe hold off the enemies that attack them.

4. Having finally reached the outside world, the saurians suddenly find themselves in the middle of a world ruled by savage monsters, their kinsmen enslaved, and the entire land in chaos. Vix and his tribe must try to conquer an outpost manned by these savage enemies, although the saurians are hopelessly outnumbered. Yet help can sometimes appear in the most unexpected ways...
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

They just can't catch a break...
I look forward to playing through these.
Evelangos

Post by Evelangos »

Awesome! I got the upload before I saw this thread, I think it's pretty cool, but when you hit the island, I got 1 guy to drop off meat, and the rest weren't able to, I tried placing them on the boats, but the messages didn't pop up. It seems like you guys already fixed it though. :wink: (Not that I would've been useful) When will you get the updates out? (I love this campaign because it's the first Saurian-based one I've come across, my avatar explains my thoughts about Saurians, I mean, after all, I actually did some art!)

My dad is a Tcl code wiz, but I like the WML more....... I have the same problem with languages, my dad knows Spanish, but I want to learn Greek, Nei? ( Note the "want" to learn part)

Nice new avatar Artisticdude :mrgreen:
To do is to make, and to make is to become, therefore, even the simplest things in life matter, for they all contribute in a major way to existence...
start logoff
exit
artisticdude
Moderator Emeritus

Post by artisticdude »

Thanks. :)

Yeah, I was debugging the campaign before the last release and forgot to revert the debug code. Sorry. Anyways, I'm almost through cleaning up the scenarios. I've finally gotten around to coding Neoskel's skelly pirates as well (and Neoskel gets his deserved place in the credits :) ), so I can use them instead of having the other side generate spearmen (which is what I've been doing up until now). For a test run to make sure the units work properly, I spawned some in the first scenario, which you can see below. I'm hoping to upload version 0.3 sometime this weekend, but that's supposing my schedule allows it (just coding these units took me a solid two hours, as it's been ages since I coded units).
Attachments
skelly pirates!!!.png
Hulavuta

Post by Hulavuta »

I look forward to it. Are the enslavers of the Saurians the Drakes by any chance? If not, what are they?
F:tGJ, Saurian Campaign
The Southern Chains, a fanfic
“The difference between winners and champions is that champions are more consistent."
~Sierra