1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 1.0.4

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

jpaulson

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.1

Post by jpaulson »

When I get into a skirmish before "Royal Rumble", the game crashes with the error

Error while playing the game: Game error: unknown unit type "
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

That again... Looks like I'll be uploading 0.9.1.b tomorrow.
EDIT: Or not. But replacing the file of the same name with this should fix that problem.
<userdata>/add-ons/Bad_Moon_Rising//scenarios2
Attachments
1_08_World.cfg
(4.62 KiB) Downloaded 403 times
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.9.2 went to the server. There were some more fixes to world-map & skirmish scenarios, and I took a pass at cleaning up some scenarios in part III, up to but not including "Snowblind". "Mirror Pond" is still unfinished, but it is optional so it is not a show-stopper.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
BrotherBear

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.2

Post by BrotherBear »

Hi!

I'll get this when I am to begin the Campaign "Bad Moon Rising":

Error while playing the game: Game error: unknown unit type 'Primeval Warrior'

Have tried to remove the add-on BMR and installed it again.

Even tried to uninstall BFW, but still the same error.

Is there something I am missing, another add-on that it is depending on?

I am running Battle for Wesnoth 1.7.11-1.8beta4 on Windows XP with SP3.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

BrotherBear
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

The "Archaic Era" add-on must also be installed. If I didn't say that in the description, I should have. I'll make sure it's more obvious next release.
BrotherBear

Post by BrotherBear »

Thanks doofus-01!

Now it works great :)

In the description for "Archaic Era" it says that this add-on is needed for BMR and Trinity,
but in BMR it says nothing.

Best regards,

BrotherBear
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

0.9.3 has gone to the server. Mirror Pond scenario should work now, I think its current flaws will only be found by actual play-testing. There are some graphics updates. It should be used with Archaic Era 0.9.3 (both add-ons have the same version number to make that easier to keep track of).
Pyrotics

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign: Bad Moon Rising 0.9.3

Post by Pyrotics »

I'm having a problem with the scenario "Death Knell". Narrisco (at least, I think that's his name from looking at the scenario file) doesn't spawn, the [move_unit_fake] occurs (I can see the moved image), but the unit it self does not spawn and has no dialogue.
Edit: I'm on the latest version of BMR (according to the addon server)
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

It looks like I left out the side assignment for that unit. It used to work, but some BfW code must have changed. Thanks.
Pyrotics

Post by Pyrotics »

doofus-01 wrote:It looks like I left out the side assignment for that unit. It used to work, but some BfW code must have changed. Thanks.
I added that into the scenario file and it works now, thanks.
lostnumber

Post by lostnumber »

Using Wesnoth 1.7.11 and BMR 0.9.3

Right before the Royal Rumble scenario, I am in the overmap between levels, and for some reason I have control of a Goblin Wolf Rider. When I start Royal Rumble its available in my recall list. At first I thought this was just a goofy bug and nothing to worry about, but I found out that I didnt have enough gold/units to beat the scenario. So I loaded back to the overworld to try and play some skirmish missions, and now they wont start properly. When I wander around the snow for long enough I eventually get an game_error: Unknown unit type and it boots me out to the Wesnoth startup menu.

Not sure if those two are connected at all, but I'm playing on hard and I dont think I'll be able to finish the campaign unless I'm able to level up some more units and get some more gold.

A general comment on the pacing side of things: I'm playing through the game on the hardest difficulty, and I really really like the skirmish function. Its something new and unique, and it adds a lot to the campaign. In other campaigns typically you come to rely on your core of 6-12 Level 3 units, and losing any one of those is a huge deal, sometimes a big enough deal to reload a turn or restart a scenario (depending on your gaming ethics). However the ability to level up units outside, as well as how easy it is to level most Ukians, means that if I lose a sub-commander or Commando during a difficult mission its not that big of a deal.

I've also never had any problems with gold and supplies. I play several skirmishes between missions to re-stock and level up my guys and up until Royal Rumble I have never had any problems with running out of gold. But I haven't felt like the game was too generous either, as most of the missions have been challenging, even with my unusually large gold supply and veteran army. The sheer amount of units that get thrown at you really make it feel like you ARE a rebellion, fighting for your lives against a cruel King and his army.

One suggestion I would have is to add a few unique skirmish events that could be triggered from the overworld, instead of just the vanilla "kill orcs gain gold". For example, maybe there could be a mission where you find some Saurians under attack, and by coming to their aid you are able to acquire a few skirmisher units, or something like that. (obviously Saurians up north would be a little odd, but I'm sure you could figure out the flavor text/dialogue).
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

lostnumber wrote:Right before the Royal Rumble scenario, I am in the overmap between levels, and for some reason I have control of a Goblin Wolf Rider. When I start Royal Rumble its available in my recall list. At first I thought this was just a goofy bug and nothing to worry about, but I found out that I didnt have enough gold/units to beat the scenario. So I loaded back to the overworld to try and play some skirmish missions, and now they wont start properly. When I wander around the snow for long enough I eventually get an game_error: Unknown unit type and it boots me out to the Wesnoth startup menu.
That doesn't sound good. Do you have a save-game you could post?

I should mention that using :debug commands such as :n and :cl will almost surely cause strange things to happen.
lostnumber wrote:One suggestion I would have is to add a few unique skirmish events that could be triggered from the overworld, instead of just the vanilla "kill orcs gain gold". For example, maybe there could be a mission where you find some Saurians under attack, and by coming to their aid you are able to acquire a few skirmisher units, or something like that. (obviously Saurians up north would be a little odd, but I'm sure you could figure out the flavor text/dialogue).
There is a little bit of variety later on. I intended to make it possible to add side-quests at some point, that's what the villages in the world-map are mostly for. But I don't have anything written yet, and won't until the core of the campaign is totally done.
Pyrotics

Post by Pyrotics »

I had the odd wolf rider show up as well, but it didn't effect my gameplay (other than having a random wolf rider).
lostnumber

Post by lostnumber »

doofus-01 wrote:
lostnumber wrote:Right before the Royal Rumble scenario, I am in the overmap between levels, and for some reason I have control of a Goblin Wolf Rider. When I start Royal Rumble its available in my recall list. At first I thought this was just a goofy bug and nothing to worry about, but I found out that I didnt have enough gold/units to beat the scenario. So I loaded back to the overworld to try and play some skirmish missions, and now they wont start properly. When I wander around the snow for long enough I eventually get an game_error: Unknown unit type and it boots me out to the Wesnoth startup menu.
That doesn't sound good. Do you have a save-game you could post?

I should mention that using :debug commands such as :n and :cl will almost surely cause strange things to happen.
lostnumber wrote:One suggestion I would have is to add a few unique skirmish events that could be triggered from the overworld, instead of just the vanilla "kill orcs gain gold". For example, maybe there could be a mission where you find some Saurians under attack, and by coming to their aid you are able to acquire a few skirmisher units, or something like that. (obviously Saurians up north would be a little odd, but I'm sure you could figure out the flavor text/dialogue).
There is a little bit of variety later on. I intended to make it possible to add side-quests at some point, that's what the villages in the world-map are mostly for. But I don't have anything written yet, and won't until the core of the campaign is totally done.
Not using debug commands of any kind. How do I post a save?
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

lostnumber wrote:Not using debug commands of any kind. How do I post a save?
Upload the "BMRII-Ukiah-autosavewhatever.gz" file which you find in the <userdata>/saves folder. It will have the same name as when you choose a save to load within Wesnoth.