1.12 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

docrock

Re: 1.6.x SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by docrock »

Apparently he has already done that, docrock.
it did not appear to me to be that way and i wanted to give an explanation.
i just wanted to be helpful, if you think i missed something, well, tell me how to do it better.
besides that, my only intention was to help people across a tight scenario while playtesting beta campaigns.
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

My intention wasn't to critisize you. :D
I thought he had said that he "has checked the savefile", sorry. Nevermind.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
docrock

Post by docrock »

no real insult taken. wasn't the best of days for me, soz for the rather harsh reply.
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
sants

Post by sants »

Thanks to all of you, i have played from the scenario before tomahawk again, and all is OK. :)
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

sants wrote:Thanks to all of you, i have played from the scenario before tomahawk again, and all is OK. :)
Good, good! Glad to hear it. If you tell me how easy (or difficult) the final scenario is, when you are done, I will appreciate it.
But the largest appreciation is that you chose this thread as your first post right after the registration.

Have a good one, sants.:smile:
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
sants

Post by sants »

SkyOne wrote:
sants wrote:Thanks to all of you, i have played from the scenario before tomahawk again, and all is OK. :)
Good, good! Glad to hear it. If you tell me how easy (or difficult) the final scenario is, when you are done, I will appreciate it.
But the largest appreciation is that you chose this thread as your first post right after the registration.

Have a good one, sants.:smile:

OK, i will try to give you my opinion. I think that the final scenario is too easy and too short, i hope a final battle more interesting, with two large armies.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

sants wrote:OK, i will try to give you my opinion. I think that the final scenario is too easy and too short, i hope a final battle more interesting, with two large armies.
That's what I wanted to hear. Thanks, sants. Your opinion has been accepted.:smile:

The version 0.2.1 is on the Add-Ons.

changes:
*modifying many contents on scenario 12, Legend of a Dragon, to make it longer, more difficult, and enjoyable.
*modifying slightly on scenario 8, Hidden Cave, to be able to carry over more golds.
*touching up on scenario 12b, Epilogue.
*fixing a bug on New Hurricane Drake.

The feedback will be great thankfulness, especially for the final scenario.
Meanwhile, I am back to the art-work. (it seems like I have to create about fifty of sprites to make them match up new drakes. uuuh!)

thanks

==========================================================================================

Ah, sorry the players who downloaded the version 0.2.1. On the next day, the version 0.2.2 has been released.
Not much changes from 0.2.1, but I have modified the final scenario slightly on the new edition.

P.S. It seems that there is a bug on "skeleton-big-die.ogg".

thanks again
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
sants

Post by sants »

SkyOne wrote:
sants wrote:Thanks, sants. Your opinion has been accepted.:smile:
thx for the changes, the final battle is better this way ;)
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

The new version, 0.2.3, has been released.
Major changes on this version are the image-icons of HEROs. Totaling fifty-one of them has been replaced or added.
Only two HEROs (four units) are done so far, but they flop their wings on their movement and on the ocean, now.

Feedback will be very welcome not only the game, but also the animations. I plan to add three more units to fit to the new drake-images and for this campaign. (Drake Lord level=3, Sword Drake level=2, and Drake Battler level=3) Drakes who handle swords will be needed for both this campaign and FoaP because of the animations when a drake picks up the sword as an item.

Other changes:
*new unit, Merman Outcast level=2, has been added to replace Soulless Swimmer. So Soulless Swimmer has replaced W.C. swimmer as its recruitment on scenario 11 and 12.
*the scenario 8, Hidden Cave, and scenario 12, Legend of a Dragon, have been touched up.
*two of HEROs (Brave/Hero/Great and Alchemist unit) have been balanced slightly.
*a loyal unit, Angiddon, is Burner, instead of Fire Drake on the second scenario currently.

Crossing version is supposed be possible, so I do not raise up the version number as 0.3.x at this time.

thanks
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

You should add to your todo-list replacing the sighted events in "Hidden cave". As you may have noticed, I've used your scenario in the [event]name=sighted thread to demonstrate the unreliability of sighted events. When playing that scenario, one of the enemies hasn't been awoken due to these bugs. (It isn't your fault - it's the engine's.) You can relatively easily replace the sighted events with movetos; just make the moveto area large enough so that even the fastest player unit can't cross it without firing the event once it is about to see the unit that's to be sighted (the enemy leader).
Thus maybe the scenario becomes a lot tougher now, when needing to fight two enemies. ;)
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Anonymissimus wrote:You should add to your todo-list replacing the sighted events in "Hidden cave". As you may have noticed, I've used your scenario in the [event]name=sighted thread to demonstrate the unreliability of sighted events. When playing that scenario, one of the enemies hasn't been awoken due to these bugs. (It isn't your fault - it's the engine's.) You can relatively easily replace the sighted events with movetos; just make the moveto area large enough so that even the fastest player unit can't cross it without firing the event once it is about to see the unit that's to be sighted (the enemy leader).
Thus maybe the scenario becomes a lot tougher now, when needing to fight two enemies. ;)
Okay, I have changed both of the sighted [event] to the moveto [event] + the [filter_vision] tag on scenario 8, Hidden Cave. When I tested the both sighted [event] at long ago, they triggered as well, so I left them. Thanks for telling it.:smile:

I thought that the scenario 8 was tough enough, but I have added one more Dwarvish Ulfserker when the enemy leader of side=3 shows on the easy and normal difficulty. I think that players have to sacrifice an unit at the point, now.

I also found a couple of minor mistakes on the scenario, so I fixed them.
In addition, Drake Hero and Great had not been installed {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR} on their unit files, so I added them.

Those are changes on the version 0.2.4. from 0.2.3. (sorry again for releasing the next version in a day)

thanks
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

SkyOne wrote:Okay, I have changed both of the sighted [event] to the moveto [event] + the [filter_vision] tag on scenario 8, Hidden Cave. When I tested the both sighted [event] at long ago, they triggered as well, so I left them. Thanks for telling it.:smile:
You at least don't need to use filter_vision here since primary_unit (the enemy leader/the unit to be spotted) is stationary and becomes only visible as a result of a move of one of the player's units. Using filter_vision in this moveto event will disable the event in case that delay shroud is on (so even worse than with sighted).
The trigger condition has to be only the coordinates that the unit moves to.

Code: Select all

[event]
    name=moveto
    [filter]
        side=1
        x=...
        y=...
    [/filter]

#code to be executed

[/event]
/edit
striked through a sentence that contains a wrong thought
Last edited by Anonymissimus on October 17th, 2009, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
projects (BfW 1.12):
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Anonymissimus wrote:
SkyOne wrote:Okay, I have changed both of the sighted [event] to the moveto [event] + the [filter_vision] tag on scenario 8, Hidden Cave. When I tested the both sighted [event] at long ago, they triggered as well, so I left them. Thanks for telling it.:smile:
You at least don't need to use filter_vision here since primary_unit (the enemy leader/the unit to be spotted) is stationary and becomes only visible as a result of a move of one of the player's units. Using filter_vision in this moveto event will disable the event in case that delay shroud is on (so even worse than with sighted).
The trigger condition has to be only the coordinates that the unit moves to.
You probably mean removing shroud at the event when it triggers, right? That makes sense, and sounds better. In that case, players have more chance not to sacrifice an unit, and it possibly makes scenario more fun. I will try to test it. Thanks for telling it.:smile:

Edit: A bug has been found on the scenario we have been talking about. The [clear_variable] tag should be inside of the [then] tag in the moveto [event] of the grey potion. Dultas's message shows even the bomb is not there anymore. Sorry about it. It will be fixed on the next version. (P.S. it does not disturb the game.)
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

SkyOne wrote:You probably mean removing shroud at the event when it triggers, right?
No, but you are right. When not removing the shroud at the enemy leader's position, the enemy leader just speaks out of the shrouded area without the engine scrolling to him. I forgot that.

I've striked through a sentence in my previous post, forget that please. What I mean is that [filter_vision] would only be useful for a case which is impossible in your scenario because of passive_leader=yes (the unit to be spotted becomes visible as a result of its own move).
projects (BfW 1.12):
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

I'm through with the campaign. That was the first drake campaign I've ever played.
some thoughts
-in the last scenario, make it clear to the player that he needs to kill the death knight during the first turns since he won't get a keep (unless you've already done that)
Also, when actually moving Melphine next to Eagi-Nyss, nothing happens, although the objectives are fulfilled. (This can only be achieved if you know before that you will be required to do this, and that Melphine starts at Kasii's location ;) )
-IIRC there's something wrong with Kasii's arcane attack animation
-the ellipses of Eagi-Nyss and the wose are level 0 ellipses in the epilog

What your campaign probably needs most is correction of grammar. English is foreign for me, but, for example, "escape <some unit>" simply sounds wrong. Use "Rescue <some unit>".
projects (BfW 1.12):