1.12 SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

docrock

Re: 1.6.x SP Drake Campaign, Brave Wings

Post by docrock »

This is the temporary solution.
hell, one more save-game-hack (*grumbles*) :wink:

edit: it worked, i can't believe it, but yes, it worked. wow, now at "Orcish Newport". and yet again i have to state that this is one hell of a great campaign.
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Thanks so much, docrock even you are not so healthy currently.
I am not going to waste your posts and your saving file. When I saw your saving data, I realized that I should change images of the leader or the glider line. Those will be next assignments for me. (it will be ready for the next edition.)

version 0.1.2 has been released. I hope that the players are able to reach to the epilogue on this version without major bugs.

changes:
*fixing the bug which is reported.
*adding three turns each on the scenario 8, Hidden Cave.
*adding Naga's portraits from 1.7.5.
*replacing the storm staff to the storm ball (because it is weird drakes + staff).

Please follow the objectives on the game, especially scenario 9, Tomahawk.

thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

-at start of scenario 1, please insert a narrator message informing the player that he'll lose all current units anyway in scenario 2, since I started to level up
-why is recruitment of drake fighters removed in scenario 3 ? there's no story reason for this, although I'm rather asking for the real reason here - there's some advancement problem or the like, I suppose^^
-in scenario 3, please insert [allow_undo][/...] in the moveto event for the magic ball, otherwise undo is impossible in the whole scenario
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
docrock

Post by docrock »

so, updated to current version and restarted "Orcish Newport" (only had been a few turns into it anyways). that is a real tactical challenge. had to restart two times to get a proper setup of forces to make this in time and with acceptable gold and xp output. considering the introduction one would think that mermen are the key to this, but actually they are just supplementory. the real key to this one is burners.
Please follow the objectives on the game, especially scenario 9, Tomahawk.
i should not have killed one of the orcs before disabling the Tomahawk, right?
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Before installing new glider images, I decided to release another bug-fixed version which is currently on the Add-Ons as 0.1.3.

changes:
*replacing the each turn on the scenario 10, Orcish Newport, from <22,20,18> to <26,23,20>.
*adding code on the scenario 9, Tomahawk.
*fixing a bug on Drake Outcast.
*adding to get more golds at the end of the scenario 8, Hidden Cave, and the scenario 9, Tomahawk.
Anonymissimus wrote:-at start of scenario 1, please insert a narrator message informing the player that he'll lose all current units anyway in scenario 2, since I started to level up
Keeping player's motivation to play, and making the players more enjoyable on the scenario, I will probably not install it because it is not going to be a big deal in the middle of the campaign. (sorry!)
Anonymissimus wrote:-why is recruitment of drake fighters removed in scenario 3 ? there's no story reason for this, although I'm rather asking for the real reason here - there's some advancement problem or the like, I suppose^^
There is a story reason.
On the dialogue, Wyngilla say:
We leave some soldiers to guard here, Sir.
Or he can lose his soldiers in the recall-list, but I just preferred the current set-up.
Anonymissimus wrote:-in scenario 3, please insert [allow_undo][/...] in the moveto event for the magic ball, otherwise undo is impossible in the whole scenario
Are you sure that it is not caused by fog? There is the [allow_undo] tag in the [event] inside of the [command] tag as saying "no". I will make sure it anyway. Thanks for playing though.
docrock wrote:so, updated to current version and restarted "Orcish Newport" (only had been a few turns into it anyways). that is a real tactical challenge. had to restart two times to get a proper setup of forces to make this in time and with acceptable gold and xp output.
Really? Is it that tough? To be honest, that scenario has been added at last. So I have not played much, yet. But at least, I have added three turns on normal difficulty, and possible to get some more golds on the end of the previous scenario on the latest edition.
docrock wrote:considering the introduction one would think that mermen are the key to this, but actually they are just supplementory. the real key to this one is burners.
That is true! Burner is very useful as a level=1 unit and making at least one Mermaid Initiate advance to the healer will be helpful on the next scenario and after that, too.
docrock wrote:i should not have killed one of the orcs before disabling the Tomahawk, right?
Exactly! Also, if the players defeat the Watchtower by combat, assassins will never show up. But I have fixed them on the edition I uploaded in this morning. I hope that it works correctly, now.
Wesnoth never give me a break.:smile:
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
docrock

Post by docrock »

Really? Is it that tough?
no, just a question of the right approach to it

updated one last time today and played through to the end, very nice, great work.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

SkyOne wrote:
Anonymissimus wrote:-in scenario 3, please insert [allow_undo][/...] in the moveto event for the magic ball, otherwise undo is impossible in the whole scenario
Are you sure that it is not caused by fog? There is the [allow_undo] tag in the [event] inside of the [command] tag as saying "no". I will make sure it anyway. Thanks for playing though.
Yes I am since I'm always using the delay shroud update thing. But you're right, overlooked the tag because of its position at the end of the event. However, I've spotted another event that's probably the cause, line 455 following in my current version, the "sighted" (moveto+filter vision) event for awakening the enemy side. Since there is this variable oxpeii_event it shouldn't cause problems when inserting allow_undo there, after the filter.

another note: If I were free to choose I would NEVER level up a QUICK mermaid. She has 29 hitpoints on level 2 that's ridiculous. Any of the gryphons could've killed here with a single attack when she wasn't yet level 3. I dislike quick in general anyway since it usually only means a quick death.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

docrock wrote:updated one last time today and played through to the end, very nice, great work.
Thanks a lot, docrock. I really appreciate it and glad to hear it. I can now get move on to the next step. Hopefully, you recover form sickness soon.
Anonymissimus wrote:I've spotted another event that's probably the cause, line 455 following in my current version, the "sighted" (moveto+filter vision) event for awakening the enemy side. Since there is this variable oxpeii_event it shouldn't cause problems when inserting allow_undo there, after the filter.
Oh, I see. I will do it, and thanks for telling it.
Anonymissimus wrote: If I were free to choose I would NEVER level up a QUICK mermaid. She has 29 hitpoints on level 2 that's ridiculous. Any of the gryphons could've killed here with a single attack when she wasn't yet level 3. I dislike quick in general anyway since it usually only means a quick death.
Yeah, she is kind of weak, but she needs the quick-trait later on. I will think about it. Maybe, adding RESILIENT on her trait or another castle to recruit on that scenario.
Thanks for keeping playing.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

"tomato surprise" in Dwarvish Bandits: I thought that the scenario ends after killing the berserker and thus spend too much time leveling up units...
I suggest using summary=_"Starting objectives", "temporary objectives" or "final objectives"...
projects (BfW 1.12):
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Anonymissimus wrote:"tomato surprise" in Dwarvish Bandits: I thought that the scenario ends after killing the berserker and thus spend too much time leveling up units...
I suggest using summary=_"Starting objectives", "temporary objectives" or "final objectives"...
Oh, that is possible to happen. Okay, I will add something on the objectives or extra turns in the die event of the berserker on the scenario. Actually, more objective-changes occur on the next two scenarios in this campaign.

thanks.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

I usually do not use the new frame to notice just for the new release, but at this time, I do because some of them are important.

The new version, 0.2.0, includes the new drake glider/sky/hurricane, so the previous images are no longer available for the recruitment list. Crossing version is still possible with 0.1.x, but two different kinds of them appear on the game screen in that case.

After installing those new units, I realized that I should develop the new drakes myself through this campaign. (also on FoaP) As the first step, I have installed the [filter_location] tag on their unit.cfg, otherwise they act like bats. It is slightly annoying if all of them keep flopping their wings on any terrains on drake campaigns. (animations themselves of flopping wings are incredible.)

I believe that some of users do not prefer mixing up drakes of 1.6 and 1.7/8 because they are different in some parts. So in the case of it, please let me know. I will post the version of all 1.6-drakes here on the forum as version 0.1.4. As long as creating games in the Wesnoth community, I must follow its direction, so please understand it.

I am actually not a good drawer for any pictures. So making HEROs match to the new drakes is not easy, especially at the current major changes. It will probably take a while, but one day, they will be installed. And that will be the time to install all new drakes in this campaign. (the same thing to FoaP)

other changes:
*amla-advancement has been added for Alchemist unit.
*the image of Watchtower has been modified.
*some code has been modified from the reports by docrock and Anonymissimus.

thanks
sants

Post by sants »

Hi, i have installed the 0.2.0 version, and still have the problem at finish the 9 tomahawk scenario. It says unknow scenario 10_Dark_Ocean.

I have checked the 09_tomahawk.cfg, and it seems is ok, because the next scenario is the 10_Orcish_Newport, so what is the problem??

The campaign is very entertainment ;)
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

sants wrote:Hi, i have installed the 0.2.0 version, and still have the problem at finish the 9 tomahawk scenario. It says unknow scenario 10_Dark_Ocean.

I have checked the 09_tomahawk.cfg, and it seems is ok, because the next scenario is the 10_Orcish_Newport, so what is the problem??
I guess that you tried to start this campaign in the middle of the scenario 9, Tomahawk, using the saving file of version 0.1.0 or 0.1.1, didn't you? It is supposed to run if you start from the beginning of the scenario 9. (sorry about the extra work) Wesnoth reads the code of each scenario at the beginning, so even anyone installs any new editions, he/she has to play from the beginning of each scenario to let Wesnoth read the new scenario. I hope that it helps you to play this campaign until the ending.
sants wrote:The campaign is very entertainment :wink:
Thanks so much. I am glad to hear it.:smile:
docrock

Post by docrock »

the problem is that your save-game already includes the wrong statement. you could restart from the scenario before Tomahawk (if you still have a save from the last turn there) or you could save your game withouth compression and edit the save-game with a text-editor (use Vim :wink: to not run into line-break and other problems) to change the next scenario statement from Dark Ocean to Orcish Newport (that's what i did in the first place) if you don't want to restart Tomahawk.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Apparently he has already done that, docrock.
The next scenario key is two times in the savefile if I'm not mistaken, have you changed both ?
projects (BfW 1.12):