1.12 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess (& Northern Forces)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

SkyOne

Re: 1.6.x SP campaign, Fate of a Princess

Post by SkyOne »

Hmmm... that is not good.
I have been creating a campaign to make people enjoy, not to get frustrated even advising it. The problem is that there is nothing wrong with dialogue/speaking on my computer, Mac, so is Simons Mith's one. (mich is in the team, but me and Simons Mith are in charge of dialogues although mich has worked incredibly on coding and editing maps.) How can we fix them if problems do not show on the screen? Only thing I can do is to rewrite them all...

I would like to know the pattern of occurred problems. Another word, how or why does the problem show on the dialogues? Could anyone tell me? Some strange squares used to be shown on the pre-game storyline, but I have removed them all by rewriting them. I have never seen them on the speaking on my computer though.

By the way, version 0.2.4 has been released. (crossing version is possible)

The changes are:
Replacing dialogues on scenario 2, 3b, 4, 5, 13, 21, and death.cfg by Simons Mith.
A bug fixed on scenario 7, Queen Eämeral. Now, name(s) of recalling unit(s) on scenario 8 (and rest of the game) is suppose to show on the screen (sorry about it).

thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

how do u beat the third scenerio???

if you go dwarf side, then you are facing people who have 70 or 60 def everywhere and your mobility is limited. alot. you also don't have villages, so no healing, and the enemy gets one more unit every turn. your only hope there is if the elves can save you.

if you go elf side, you have 2 villages and fight people with good defense everywhere, have tons of pierce (hurting your horsemen), where you have limited mobility because of the forest, not to mention that the dwarves will come soon and sandwitch you and take your villages.

help!
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

wesfreak wrote:how do u beat the third scenerio???

if you go dwarf side, then you are facing people who have 70 or 60 def everywhere and your mobility is limited. alot. you also don't have villages, so no healing, and the enemy gets one more unit every turn. your only hope there is if the elves can save you.

if you go elf side, you have 2 villages and fight people with good defense everywhere, have tons of pierce (hurting your horsemen), where you have limited mobility because of the forest, not to mention that the dwarves will come soon and sandwitch you and take your villages.

help!
Going to dwarf side is actually the wrong way. Going across the river and standing there is the right way. And you may be able to find something on that side. (you have to keep Winona alive and make her white mage to be healed.)

Thanks for playing anyway.:smile:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Although I have uploaded FoaP version 0.2.5, it will not effect playing the game much at this time.
The changes are:
1. making quality up slightly for the background map
2. correcting a few words in dialogue, info. file, and a code on scenario 11
3. changing my user name on the Add-On (SkyOne-->Sky-1)

All of version 0.2.x are possible to cross versions in this campaign. I am doing it in purpose.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
CheeseLord

Post by CheeseLord »

I've just been playing FoaP, and yeah, it's fun :) However, I just finished part 1, and finished the first scenario on part 2, and guess what ....... there's a bug :(

When I finish the scenario, it comes up with a message saying "Game could not be saved", and when I click OK, it doesn't do anything. After clicking the OK about 20 times, I tried to debug my way out of it. Alas, "Game could not be saved :cry: "

Maybe I haven't got the latest version, or it's 1.6.3s problem, but heck, I'll post the save file of it (just kill the leader and see what happens) It's probably got something to do with saving the replay, but I'm no coder. Plz try to fix it, I want to carry on the campaign!!!

CheeseLord
Attachments
Foap-Broken_Treaty_Turn_16.gz
(31.96 KiB) Downloaded 524 times
Lord of Cheese.....especially Parmesan!!!
None shall stand against the Dwarfs in their homeland

Top 3 quotes by a developer:

1. Locked
2. Do it yourself
3. "No"
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

CheeseLord wrote:I've just been playing FoaP, and yeah, it's fun :) However, I just finished part 1, and finished the first scenario on part 2, and guess what ....... there's a bug :(

When I finish the scenario, it comes up with a message saying "Game could not be saved", and when I click OK, it doesn't do anything. After clicking the OK about 20 times, I tried to debug my way out of it. Alas, "Game could not be saved :cry: "

Maybe I haven't got the latest version, or it's 1.6.3s problem, but heck, I'll post the save file of it (just kill the leader and see what happens) It's probably got something to do with saving the replay, but I'm no coder. Plz try to fix it, I want to carry on the campaign!!!

CheeseLord
I appreciate for the reporting, CheeseLord.
I installed your saving file, then try it on both 1.6.2 and 1.6.4, but on my computer, Mac, it just runs fine. It does not carry any errors. That is the problem for Mac.

I attach the saving file of right after finishing the scenario you played. I made Zylvia leveled up, but if you like to get XP for the other unit, please let me know.

P.S. you can listen Journey's End either end of scenario 18b and 21. (there are two endings) I personally like one in scenario 21, Epilogue. If you are able to play until it, turn on the volume on that scenario. It's fun and sad.:smile:
Attachments
Foap-Queen_Eämeral.gz
(8.05 KiB) Downloaded 530 times
AloisiusHingerl

Post by AloisiusHingerl »

Hi,

I really liked your campaign. Especially the stone attack is a great feature; it really creates new tactic possibilities, esp. in narrow caves. However you have to decide whether stoned people are dead or not - ...
Spoiler:
Maybe the stoning attack can be modified that it lasts only for a couple of rounds. The stoned people should be attackable, have no attacks themself but a high resistance against (almost?) all attacks. I guess that would further improve balancing.

In scenario 17 you might tell how many scenarios have to be played depending on the choice of scenario 18 (3 more scenarios) vs. scenario 18b (1 more scenario). Or you might want to lead the player after 18b into 18 (if that hasn't been played yet) and from 21 to 18b so that the player gets all scenarios and the choice is only about which to play first.
Spoiler:
And it should be "Zluld's Last Stand", not "Zluld Last Stand" in scenario 18.

Servus, Simon
AladorIsithir

Post by AladorIsithir »

Enjoyed your campaing very much... I liked that history gap between when the humans captured Dorset and when elves were came into the story. Keep making these types of campaigns :D
Working on "The Dark Brotherhood Era"
Working on "Surviving the North" Campaign
Working on "intro scene"
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

AloisiusHingerl wrote:Hi,

I really liked your campaign. Especially the stone attack is a great feature; it really creates new tactic possibilities, esp. in narrow caves.
Thanks a lot. That is one of my favorite attacks, too.:smile:
AloisiusHingerl wrote:However you have to decide whether stoned people are dead or not - ...
Spoiler:
Oh, it is actually triggered only for enemy leaders as the defeat condition (one of mich's great works), so on scenario 17, Dragon Cave, it is triggered just for Giant Spider and Merman Entangler, Murmoroa. If it triggered as the defeat condition for every unit, passing through Triton and Poseidon will be difficult. But I appreciate for reporting. I should add something probably on the objectives.
AloisiusHingerl wrote:Maybe the stoning attack can be modified that it lasts only for a couple of rounds. The stoned people should be attackable, have no attacks themself but a high resistance against (almost?) all attacks. I guess that would further improve balancing.
It is a very interesting idea. I will refer to it and think about it as something else because if it is attackable, the unit is not called stoned.
AloisiusHingerl wrote:In scenario 17 you might tell how many scenarios have to be played depending on the choice of scenario 18 (3 more scenarios) vs. scenario 18b (1 more scenario). Or you might want to lead the player after 18b into 18 (if that hasn't been played yet) and from 21 to 18b so that the player gets all scenarios and the choice is only about which to play first.
Absolutely! In fact, when I published this campaign, 3~4 more scenarios was suppose to be added as part-3 after current scenario 18b in my plan. So I wrote:
I wrote:5) Scenario 18b is currently a bonus scenario, so choosing 18 is wise at the selection on the end of scenario 17.
at the very first page. But now, I decided to create another campaign as a sort of part-3 as an independent drake campaign, and it is almost finished. After I publish that campaign, I have to think about scenario 18b of FoaP. It may be in between scenario 17 and 18 as one of my ideas. (in this case, a problem is how I should divide drakes in the recall list.)
AloisiusHingerl wrote:
Spoiler:
Thanks so much about this.:smile: It means you are interested in that part. I am happy to explain them to other players:

On scenario 7, Lord Zluld said:
I believe that was the name of Gulcyn's only son. He could probably use the same magical arts as his father, and he was almost twice powerful than Gulcyn.
On scenario 14, Ameck said:
I am not sure how Gulder gained such great power that he can control orcish mages even he is my kind, half-elven, his maximum power was less than half of mine even without the talisman
On scenario 20, Gulder said
I have been building my power more than five-times stronger since!
Also. on the same scenario, Eämeral said:
I am afraid he said his power has been increased more than five-times. It means the power is about ten times greater than his father; on the other hand, the power of Alingwen currently is probably four times more than Gulcyn, even with the talisman, eight-times, so still less than current Gulder.
And on the unit description of Ameck/Alingwen:
Although Gulcyn the Wizard was one of the most powerful Wizard in Wesnoth, her magical power was four times higher than one for Gulcyn.
Therefore, if based on the power of Gulcyn the Wizard is equal to 1:
-Gulder is approximate 2
-Ameck/Alingwen is 4
-After Gulder come back from the famous undead lord: 2 x 5=10 (approximate)
-By the way, the amulet/talisman makes power doubled. So
-Ameck/Alingwen with one amulet/talisman, the power is 8, and with two amulet/talisman=16
Yeah! It is confusing.:wink:
AloisiusHingerl wrote:And it should be "Zluld's Last Stand", not "Zluld Last Stand" in scenario 18.
You must be right.
But this title is named by one of my co-workers, Simons Mith, I have to discuss with him if we change it. My original title of this scenario was "Returning on the Edge". Unfortunately, he has not been login for more than a month.

I appreciate for the feedback, AloisiusHingerl. We will make the campaign better by referring your opinion.:smile:
AladorIsithir wrote:Enjoyed your campaing very much... I liked that history gap between when the humans captured Dorset and when elves were came into the story. Keep making these types of campaigns :D
Thanks so much, AladorIsithir. I am happier to be flatted the story than to be flatted the game although creating the game had taken my free time much more than one in writing the story for me.:smile:

Notice: version 0.2.6 is released, but it had been released before I saw these posts. So the changes at this time are:
* Fixing a bug to show an image of Drake Alchemist.
* Changing its movement type from drakefoot to drakefly. Now, he can go to see Dragon.:smile:(he does not have to though)
* Adding a flying image for him.
* Fixing minor bugs for Orcish Shaman line.

thanks
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

AloisiusHingerl wrote:Maybe the stoning attack can be modified that it lasts only for a couple of rounds.
It can be a good idea. I will work on it at least to see if it's better than the current one (that triggers die event only for leaders).
magicsowon

Post by magicsowon »

Hello,

I've been playing this campaign, and I have one question: how do you kill Gulder? I have no way to bring Ameck across the water, yet I have to attack Gulder with her. While she is sitting powerless on the river banks, the army of undead is murdering all my heroes.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

magicsowon wrote: Hello,

I've been playing this campaign, and I have one question: how do you kill Gulder? I have no way to bring Ameck across the water, yet I have to attack Gulder with her. While she is sitting powerless on the river banks, the army of undead is murdering all my heroes.
A very good question.:smile:

Checking Ameck's ability (what she can do) and using an unit who is able to get across the river before Ameck's attack will make you see a drama. (turning on the volume makes the ending more interesting.)

Thanks for playing.

=============================================================================================

Edit as a notice:
The version 0.3.0 has been released.
At this time, some major changes are included, so I have rised up the version from 0.2.6 to 0.3.0. Crossing version is not available with the version 0.2.x after scenario 7, Queen Eämeral.

changes:
The largest change is the scenario 18b, The Battle at Prestim. It is now in between scenario 17 and 18, so replaced its scenario number from 18b to 17b. Also, the new map has been replaced. The most of units are recalled on the scenario 18, Zluld Last Stand, from the scenario 17, Dragon Cave, except humans, but not on the new scenario 17b. Players have to battle with all new drakes and experienced humans on that scenario. (the selection is still possible at the end of the scenario 17.)

Because of that, I have added the variation of human units on scenario 8, Over the River. It is called "Adherent" with Peasant image as level=0, so far, and advances to Fencer or Thief. (each player's choice)
Making the game balance, I have modified the map for scenario 8 slightly, and added two-turn-each on the scenario 9, In the Swamps.

Therefore, balancing the game will be needed more than it was used to be, and bugs are more possible to happen.

other changes:
*changing the variation of attacks for Dwarvish Warden unit.
*making all elves on the scenario 6, Broken Treaty, recall back on scenario 19, Striking Back.
*removing Foap Shman unit.cfg because it is not necessary.

============================================================================================

Another Edit:
The version 0.3.1 has been released.
The major change at this version is the stone curse macro by mich.
Enemies who got stoned are no longer 'defeat condition' even enemy leaders. They will be back to normal condition on their fourth turn.
Please, let us know how you like.

thanks
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

SkyOne, I thank you for providing us two interesting campaigns (I played both) with very good storylines, almost at mainline level. However, while in Brave Wings I haven't found any bug, I found some in FoaP. Here is my list:
- In scenario 8, on Easy, I get two Scally, one Footpad and one Outlaw... The additional Scally disappeared from my recall list in scenario 15, maybe when both were L3?
- Zylvia's AMLA is not working correctly: I choosed Defense two times (after finishing the Bow AMLA, that worked correctly), but the unit wasn't modified (its resistances or defences aren't modified). If you want I'll attach a savegame.
- I noticed that the advancement Unicorn -> Silver Unicorn violates RIPLIB, because it changes the movement type and at L2 will become, for example, unable to go in mountains.
- Also Snow Druid -> Snow Shyde violates RIPLIB, because at L2 gets 60% defense, but at L3 gets only 50% defense on plain/grassland.
Anyway, I was able to finish Fate of a Princess even with these bugs. Again, compliments for the campaigns.
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:SkyOne, I thank you for providing us two interesting campaigns (I played both) with very good storylines, almost at mainline level. However, while in Brave Wings I haven't found any bug, I found some in FoaP.
Thanks you, Elvish_Hunter, not only for playing both FoaP and BW, also for reporting bugs. I now feel that spending almost a whole year to sacrifice for creating campaigns is not wasted. I did not even have a summer vacation in this year. I appreciate it.:smile:
Elvish_Hunter wrote:-In scenario 8, on Easy, I get two Scally, one Footpad and one Outlaw... The additional Scally disappeared from my recall list in scenario 15, maybe when both were L3?
You are right! I checked the scenario, then realized that it shows two Scally in the game on the easy-difficulty. Sorry about that. She is supposed be an Outlaw on the easy, and a Footpad on the normal and hard difficulty. One of them disappears because of the same id and unit-type. It will be fixed on the next edition.
Elvish_Hunter wrote:- Zylvia's AMLA is not working correctly: I choosed Defense two times (after finishing the Bow AMLA, that worked correctly), but the unit wasn't modified (its resistances or defences aren't modified).
You are also right! I tested it, but she does not change anything for the defense. I thought the code was right, but actually, not. On this one, I have to refer to the default files and wiki. Hopefully, I can find out what is wrong before the sun rise.
Elvish_Hunter wrote:- I noticed that the advancement Unicorn -> Silver Unicorn violates RIPLIB, because it changes the movement type and at L2 will become, for example, unable to go in mountains.
That was actually a hard choice because Silver Unicorn is only Täkel unit in the entire campaign, so I separated the movement_type for level=1 and level=2, but it should not be. On the next edition, both will be: movement_type=orcishfoot which is able to get in the mountain-terrains and frozen=2 on the movement_cost. (it makes scenario 14, Eisheim, a bit easier.)
Elvish_Hunter wrote:- Also Snow Druid -> Snow Shyde violates RIPLIB, because at L2 gets 60% defense, but at L3 gets only 50% defense on plain/grassland.
Anyway, I was able to finish Fate of a Princess even with these bugs. Again, compliments for the campaigns.
That is right, too. Snow Druid is based on the elusivefoot, but Snow Fairy (Shyde-image) is the woodland on their movement_type. Both will be based on the elusivefoot on the next edition.

I hope that I can upload the new edition in a day.
One question, could you (or anyone) tell me finding the flame sword is okay on scenario 17, Dragon Cave?
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

SkyOne wrote:Thanks you, Elvish_Hunter, not only for playing both FoaP and BW, also for reporting bugs. I now feel that spending almost a whole year to sacrifice for creating campaigns is not wasted. I did not even have a summer vacation in this year. I appreciate it.:smile:
Glad to read this. :D
SkyOne wrote:You are also right! I tested it, but she does not change anything for the defense. I thought the code was right, but actually, not. On this one, I have to refer to the default files and wiki. Hopefully, I can find out what is wrong before the sun rise.
What sun, Sela or Naia? :P
In UTBS there is the code for Kaleh's armor AMLA ("gain +10% resistance to blade, pierce and impact"). My WML knowledge is quite limited, but I suppose that it will work. You'll find it in \data\campaigns\Under_the_Burning_Suns\units\Kaleh.cfg.
SkyOne wrote:One question, could you (or anyone) tell me finding the flame sword is okay on scenario 17, Dragon Cave?
Sure. After killing the Cuttle Fish, the wall moved and I gived the sword to Falci-Nyess, and he gained a 23-2 flaming sword magical melee attack. But I just noticed that it's a blade attack, not fire. Perhaps it's another bug?
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Elvish_Hunter wrote:In UTBS there is the code for Kaleh's armor AMLA ("gain +10% resistance to blade, pierce and impact"). My WML knowledge is quite limited, but I suppose that it will work. You'll find it in \data\campaigns\Under_the_Burning_Suns\units\Kaleh.cfg.
Oh, that is right! I cannot miss zookeeper's fine coding. I totally forgot that. Thanks for making me remember it.:smile:

It seems triggering the same advancement twice is impossible for the resistance. Adding fake abilities is an only way to make it work, so I installed two of them on Zylvia's amla-advancement to the new version, 0.3.2. I am not sure it works correctly or not, yet, but I do not like to leave the bugs on Add-Ons if I know them (movement_type and cost, also appearing two Scally). So I fixed all bugs which are reported by Elvish_Hunter, then uploaded the version 0.3.2. I also corrected the enemy's gold on scenario 13 and 15.

As my impression currently, this campaign should touch up more, including Zylvia's amla.
SkyOne wrote: One question, could you (or anyone) tell me finding the flame sword is okay on scenario 17, Dragon Cave?
Elvish_Hunyer wrote:Sure. After killing the Cuttle Fish, the wall moved and I gived the sword to Falci-Nyess, and he gained a 23-2 flaming sword magical melee attack. But I just noticed that it's a blade attack, not fire. Perhaps it's another bug?
Good, good! But is the attack type fire? It is supposed to be the blade. I was probably very tired when I installed it, then it was look like fire for me at that time. It is though.