1.5 Level 0 campaign: Fool's Errand

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

lu_zero

Re: 1.5 Level 0 campaign: Fool's Errand

Post by lu_zero »

Orcish Shyde wrote:
lu_zero wrote:
Just having a mild rush with some wizards made me easy kill the unit in normal, you should either give him more gold or have 2 lv2 distract me from other sides.
Orcish Shyde

Post by Orcish Shyde »

Decided to go the arbitrary route; you now can't touch the undead leader whether you want to or not.

I may well end up making the scenario harder full stop; I was playtesting on minimum gold, and while it's meant to be a good chance to level units up, anyone with more gold (or more levelled up Mages) is probably steamrollering them.
Shameless Crossover Excuse
Necromancer (campaign)

You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

maybe just having an impassable section between him and you would be enough (so he can just send ghosts and bats)
Jequ

Post by Jequ »

I played through the first two scenarios on hard.

Scenario 1: I basically spammed only torchmen because woodsmen couldn't have survived till next turn when they had have attacked. Loyal woodsman died at some point because I didn't want to keep him behind my lines whole time. Basically only way to win is to level up by putting torchmen (+25 "resistance" against enemy and best retal) them into a village (no plague) or leave them on castle hexes (protect the leader) and let the undeads attack him. Then I leveled them up again to Fanatics. It was time to attack and I killed like 5 WCs in a turn with those two units. I bought other ones, too, when I was winning but they didn't survive long enough (leadership did boost them up nicely, though).

One problem is that player needs some luck to manage to level up units because enemy can kill anyone in one turn and I had to run away with my super-weak leader and hope that my units manage to kill WCs.

Scenario 2: I decided to help the Sergeant and I recalled my two Fanatics and recruited one woodman which took all the northern villages. Sergeant liked to get surrounded by enemy units so one game ended at turn 3 because he managed to get himself killed. Next time I recruited in the same way and rushed for the enemy leader. Sergeant was in major trouble again but I managed to lure the enemy to attack my woodsman in water. Enemy leader moved to the village west from his encampment for some reason so I killed him with my Fanatics. Game ended at turn 5...

Scenario 3: I started playing with a couple of minutes ago and my Initiate got ambushed by Thug... oh well.. good start for this game.
Orcish Shyde

Post by Orcish Shyde »

Hm, thought I'd solved Sarge being an idiot in combat. Maybe if I give him a movement_goal of all the hexes of his keep; I can't tell him to shoot for the player's keep, because eventually I'm going to add the branch where you kill him instead of the Arsonist.

Trouble with scenario 1 noted, especially in terms of level-up luck. I honestly don't know how to sort that out and still have a L0-focused campaign though. Maybe on Medium Will could start the game with an AMLA or two under his belt, since he is the only unit you're stuck with for the whole campaign. The Torchbearers are meant to be vital in mission 1, but I used all the recruit options and ended up with loyal Bowman, a Spearman, and a Rabblerouser - are you playing on Hard?
Shameless Crossover Excuse
Necromancer (campaign)

You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

On medium I didn't have much problems, I try to make the corpse not kill any of my unit pushing them to scatter...